Mini-Grand 5110 <Round 2: Chrome City>

Mini-Grand 5110 <Round 2: Chrome City>
Re: Mini-Grand 5110 <Round 1: Auburn Forest>
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

Show Content

Burgrar floated above a tiny hillock in the grass that billowed all about him. He spared a glance at his surroundings – with what form of visual apparatus would be a mystery forever raveled – and found them not to his taste. People didn’t eat food they found in the woods.

The entity that had brought him here didn’t particularly seem to be interested in eating him. In fact, it had specifically stated its hope that he would not be devoured quickly. That made the entity an enemy, or at least an individual that could not be lured at any price.

I don’t like that very much. Is there no hope left for my end?

He wafted a skill unique to sentient burger-kind. A small smell made its way from him, signaling deep in the minds all about the presence of food

Kin Heaves was a large man. He often went for walks in the forest; he told himself it was exercise – but he more often ended up ‘taking a break’ at the base of a tree, a once-full lunch bag from the local McGrease sitting beside him. Today, however, Kin found himself clutching his uneaten lunch and walking without knowing where he would go. His mind, already fine-tuned to detect food, saw Burgrar’s signal like a subconscious flare on the world of perceptions.

He saw the burger, tantalizing in the middle of the clearing, and strode almost unthinkingly towards it, arm outstretched. Reaching for it seemed to take an eternity; picking it up brought a dull blue-tasting tingle up and then aubergine elephants, the sky seemed to have turned rosemary-smelling and the forest’s sound about was like an insistent tickling under his skin, a sin not to eat the burger eat it eat me EAT ME

An irradiated body fell to the ground, lightly wilting the grass about it. On Heaves’ unmoving face, Burgrar sighed, and gave the body another poke.

Damn it all.

As he brooded, in the corner of his vision he saw movement. It came from brown paper bag lying nearby, with a gaudy stylized ‘M’ and the words “I’m having a coronary and loving it” lettered below it on the front. As he watched, a set of French fries forced their way through the greasy paper and assembled in front of him. As he looked on bewilderedly, they all bowed, in unison.

And then Burgrar knew that they were here to serve him, that this was his monster to train and nurture. And together, they would both endeavor to be eaten. In response to his thought, the Fries interlocked, forming themselves into a perfectly appealing formation.

Burgrar smiled, somehow. Perhaps there was hope after all.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Mini-Grand 5110 <Round 1: Auburn Forest> - by AgentBlue - 10-16-2011, 12:33 PM