Petty Squabble [ROUND 3] [Goldhenge]

Petty Squabble [ROUND 3] [Goldhenge]
Re: Petty Squabble [ROUND 1] [Fort Ayers, New Atlantis]
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Ashley threw himself flat in a convenient ditch as a fusillade of light flew over his head, and mentally revised that to into the gunfire. His body went through the motions of army-crawling along the roughly-cut trench. Throughout, he felt that little mental note bounce around in his mind; a little electrical impulse looking for something to connect to, and he knew what was coming because then in his mind’s eye a pale hand picked up the note and he felt the gears of mental association turning -

<font color="Red">With your tanks and your bombs and your bombs and your guns, in your head, in your head, they are crying--

Now I’ll have that tune in my head all day, Ashley!

Pleased to be of service, darl. ;P Mmmmm...that ‘Charlatan’… didn’t he have the most amazing outfit? I’d totally wanna see what was under that mask…

Can we focus on the matter at hand, Ashley?

Why don’t you, darll? You know, right about to hit the end of trench and that reeaaaaaallly deep chasm right there and all--

He broke himself out of his reverie just in time, stopping short of a massive crevasse. His sudden stop dislodged some rocks, which bounced down quite a few stories and landed, clinking, onto the twisted metals strewn across the bottom. Ashley dared to look down into the depths: not only did he see war-machine wreckage, but also shattered bodies of robot and human alike. Slowly and with care, he turned his gaze to one end of the chasm, the shallower end; the chasm itself seemed to have been carved neatly into the ground by some form of energy-

CRACK!

The sound cut through the gunfire for a second, from the other, deeper, end of the abyss. The little sunlight that managed to fight its way through the grey-black clouds did its best to illuminate the world, but here it didn’t even bother – if chasms had contests on how abyssal they looked, this one would probably take home a few trophies. Ashley had seen more abyssal ones though, and he stared into the abyss, searching for the sound, for what seemed like forever…

…and the abyss also looks into you. Hi there, Abyss! You were carved out by a carrier ship, weren’t you?

Wha…how can you tell?

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley… just look at the sides darll!

Slightly grudgingly, he brought his gaze to the sides of the chasm. And then, mentally, he kicked himself (which caused Ashley a bit of consternation). The sides were smoothly carved out of the ground, like a ship with an energy shield had plowed its way into it. Shields that large and powerful were reserved for the troop carriers of combat; a lucky shot must have taken out whatever engines it needed to stay airborne but without disabling whatever internal generators keeping the shield up.

Very good darll! You got everything except the important bit! Have I told ya what an absolute genius you are, darll?

But what have I missed? What did I—

It was at this point that the robot troops that were previously inside the carrier working on escaping their wrecked ship came into the light, saw Ashley and opened fire-

</font>

Messages In This Thread
Re: Petty Squabble [ROUND 1] [Fort Ayers, New Atlantis] - by AgentBlue - 04-16-2011, 06:51 AM