WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

Okay, I'm all caught up after dealing with the wonders that is life, bigotry and horrible horrible ugh

MV, I'm afraid I'm not satisfied. Your reads are...well, from what I'm reading over again, the majority of them have very little reasoning; for example your 'strong townread' on Luneix:

Mister Visceral Wrote:I actually have a pretty strong townread on him, just based on the way he's interacted with people. It has been... quirky, for sure.
There's...nothing here. There's no substance here. Not that I disagree with you, but I'd have said that Luneix's analyses have been comprehensive, on the whole they've made sense and they in turn have been backed up by quotes of other people and so on and so forth. I suppose you could say it's because you're not good at Mafia. Well, you'd better get better quick, because you still ain't learnin'.

Mister Visceral Wrote:MrGuy - Has done strange things. A lot. I'll agree with Pala, though, his relationship with Tea makes him seem townier, and he has been active and productive and SHIT MAFIA DOES. Whatever. Townread, my friend. Until Tea flips town and we take second looks and you probably still end up being a townread YOU PIECE OF SHIT jk I love you. s all round for on.
For some reason, you're throwing out townreads on everyone. I suppose if you're misguided town, you'd want to show your support for your fellow townies, wouldn't you?

But let's consider that Bayesian analysis (or somewhat Bayesian, anyway, it's late and i can't find it). If you're scum, you'd try and throw out some townreads for some of your fellow scum; and at the same time, you'd want to drop off a few townreads for townies, just to get you on their good side and your butt out of the doghouse. The question is, which is which? Now I'm less certain given the progress of the day about the Tea/Guy one-is-scum-and-the-other-town theory, but from the distribution and choice of people you decided to suddenly craft these unsubstantiated townreads from, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, and that you were scum all along.

Which brings us to your read for Tea:

Mister Visceral Wrote:It's like he's setting up a safety net for me flipping town because he knows my alignment. YOU KNOW WHO KNOWS PEOPLE'S ALIGNMENTS? The moderator.
Now I'm not entirely clear what you mean by this, perhaps you could clarify a little bit - but that seems a little damning to me. The way I'm interpreting this is: "I'll validate someone who puts forward an argument that lynching me is the best option (which is still a compelling argument, by the way, alignment notwithstanding) by accusing him of already knowing my alignment!" Of course, I know that's not your intention - your intention is to say "Tea knows my alignment but is trying to put forward a case for my lynching that will disguise his knowledge" - but that assertion relies on your original assumption. Which, as previously mentioned, validates the person who is making the best case against you.

In other words: ignoring Tea's alignment and assuming prior knowledge, we have two outcomes - Tea knows you as scum, and makes a case that will disguise his knowledge, and Tea knows you as town, and makes a case that will disguise his knowledge. Effectively, by saying that 'Tea knows my alignment and is making a case that will disguise his knowledge', you are still making an assertion that fails to prove your innocence. You know, since the assertion holds whether you are town or scum.

Anyway, it's getting pretty late (read: 1 in the morning), so I'm going to start wrapping up. Last thing I'm going to point to is the slap fight of innocence proving between you and Pala. It's long and boring, I've said everything I want to about it before, and MV, I'm not satisfied with your cases and the reasoning for your reads. Tell me if I've missed anything. I probably won't read it in time to change my mind.

Vote: Mister Visceral

Messages In This Thread
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died - by AgentBlue - 01-26-2013, 02:47 PM