This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
In the paper they discuss a bit about how having some algorithm for covering that is the only reason this works at all. It’s a lot of pixels. Megapixels. 21 megapixels in 100 frames. 2.1 gigapixels.

These are numbers humans were never meant to know!
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
there's no time to explain, just play this
(08-10-2013, 05:35 PM)Stij Wrote: »there's no time to explain, just play this

This is great
if you're bored, the secret password is

SpoilerShow
That was pretty damn amazing.
hey
what are you guyses opinions on loft beds

my room's kinda impractical, what with the two doors and the closet and windows and bathroom sink for no reason, there's not a lot of space to put any shelves or anything. I've had all my painting stuff just on the floor in front of the closet since I've been there. That's just where it goes.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
They save a lot of space, but even being careful, my primary experience with them was hitting my head on things. Hitting my head on the bed when using something under it. Hitting my head on the ceiling in the middle of the night. One may think “oh, only tall/clumsy people have to worry about that”. This would be a mistaken line of thinking.

So consider it carefully. The space may be worth the pain, but then it might not.
AIRPORTS HAVE INTERNET? ,.!
I had a bunkbed a long time ago but the ceiling fan in my current room made it impractical. It was my favorite thing, but my old bedroom had footprints on the ceiling. Never had trouble with hitting my head, but I am short. A+ would sleep in one again
~◕ w◕~
My dorm rooms the last two years have had loft beds, they were Quite Useful! You might wanna see how tall your room is first, because you're probably gonna want 2+ feet from the top of the loft+mattress to the ceiling, otherwise you're just squeeeeezing into it and you might scrape your back climbing in. (One of the dorms had really low ceilings, the other had ample headspace.) Hitting your head while reaching under it and standing back up can be a problem though, yeah-- I recommend putting something soft around the edges of the frame, so that if you do hit your head you hit, say, foam, instead of metal. (Floaty noodles work well for this)

Whatever you do, be careful about putting your desk underneath the bed, because if you stand up straight without thinking it might go straight into the mattress-holdy thing. On ours, it was a springy platform with sharp metal bits.

Otherwise this might happen!:
SpoilerShow

But mostly it was all cool. Covering the bottom with something is the way to go though.
D: bleeding norivia noooo

that said, my childhood was a bunk bed. WHICH TURNED INTO A SUBMARINE. THEN A SPACESHIP. BECAUSE IMAGINATION. THEN WHEN NO ONE WAS SLEEPING IN THE TOP BUNK I BUILT MY FIRST COMPUTER THERE. IT WAS AWESOME. I CRIED WHEN THEY TOOK IT AWAY. FOR HOURS. HOOUUURRS. BUNK BEDS ARE CHILDHOOD. BUUUNK BEEEEDS.
I had a bunk bed from middle school to high school where the bottom was a futon that could be a couch or second bunk. It was great for having more furniture space in my room but I don't think I could do it anymore; it's so much more convenient being able to just crawl in and out of bed rather than climbing up or down a ladder. I found the concentration needed for that would contribute to both my insomnia and sleeping in.

If you don't have issues with that, though, it's nice. And you learn very quickly not to sit up fast in bed; or at least I did :P
Two of my friends requested each other as dorm roommates and bunked their beds, but instead of putting a desk under it they lowered the bottom bed to about a half foot off floor level and put the desk where it had been previously. It's a nice setup, but since I don't know my roommate outside of him being my roommate I decided I liked each of us having our own half of the room more.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I slept in a bunk bed for most of my child years, it was fine for me but my brother kept saying that I make gross throat noises when I'm asleep (he's lying)
Sibling sleep noises are the worst. My sister used to breathe really heavily, and it sounded like i was sharing the room with a serial killer every night.

...That being said, it's still better than the boyfriend grinding his teeth in my ear every night.
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
That's a good question, supes. I'm about 5'3.

With that in mind, if I can fit into a loft bed, I think I might just get one.
I dunno, I'd be a little wary of IKEA's metal frames. My brother had a loft bed for a while and a one of the slot-in holes was drilled incorrectly, my dad ended up redrilling the hole IIRC. It doesn't look like the same frame though, so it's probably just fine. And you can always return it of course so, w/e.
The roof in my room slopes upwards quite a bit, so I'm certain I'll have enough room on the top bed portion. I suppose I'll be fine with the bottom space portion- now I think I'll just want a bed that's sturdy. Wood or metal, whichever is less likely to collapse onto the desk below after time.
I don't plan on either of those happening with any frequency at all in the coming years. Decades, even.

So in other news I got the book The Animators Survival Kit

it's neat
I don't even do animation, and I love that book. It's just a useful drawing book period.
Well, there goes another book onto the “guilt pile”.

This is interesting, these douchey brit dudes explore a walmart and are amazed by it. Are there any other shops in America aside from Walmart? Are there any local shops that aren't as big as Walmart? I think México or at least Monterrey is pretty comparable since all the big franchise chains are pretty much just Walmart, but there are plenty of local small shops and businesses that sell things cheaper/have better quality. Only having Walmarts and stuff sounds pretty gross.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Wow.

Well, at least you're frank about the monopoly. Here, we have five to six shops so they look like they are in competition but in reality all of them are owned by one guy. Usually it's the same guy that holds other unrelated things too.
韋力澹、杜薇花,《亞奧美思特大傳》人物兩「茄呢啡」獨魯人也。
韋為紫血,杜為藍血,二人關係生平不詳。惟只現一回則見光死於熊熊烈火中矣。
Well yeah, of course we have stores other than Walmart. Walmart may be big, but they don't have that much of a monopoly. Some of the other major ones around here are Kroger, Target, and Giant Eagle, as well as however many smaller businesses.

If you go really far out into the country though, sometimes you'll find areas that are so sparsely populated that they only have 1 or 2 major retail stores for the entire county. (Oftentimes these are Walmarts, but not always.) Those are always a nightmare because everybody within a ~20 mile radius all has to go shopping at the exact same store, and you usually have to wait in line about a half hour to check out.

When I was in high school, sometimes my friends and I would go to Walmart to hang out because there was seriously nothing more interesting to do around the area at all.
(08-17-2013, 10:10 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »No. And we're all so fat it's a wonder that we can even breathe.
They can keep the damn tram! I’m really not that attached to it.
(08-17-2013, 09:07 AM)Ed Wrote: »This is interesting, these douchey brit dudes explore a walmart and are amazed by it.

Some of that is sarcasm in the fine British tradition of indicating sarcasm or disbelief, or amusement by attempting to talk about something entirely earnestly and normally.