Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a Mafia game where everybody will be some variation of a Jester; that is, a role whose objective is to get lynched. As you can imagine, it's not very serious, and I will be giving little if any thought to game balance.

I ran a game on the MSPA forums a long time ago, but I'm too lazy to link it and this one will probably have some new twists thrown in anyways. Short version is, don't be shocked if the Mafia wins but every individual member of the Mafia loses.

I'll probably also make this game pretty heavy on the shenanigans. Because total chaos is fun.

I have no particular number of players in mind, so basically I'll keep signups open for a while and work with what I get.

1. Jacquerel
2. PickYerPoison
3. Not The Author
4. MrGuy - Copjester. Could investigate one player each night. Would win if Mafia won the game. Could still win or lose! Killed N2.
5. Granolaman - No Lynch. Would win and die on a No Lynch vote, would not die on a Granolaman vote. Confirmed winner! No Lynched D3.
6. cyber95
7. soundlyParanoid - Jestventor. Invented items for election. Would win if one of his inventions killed him somehow. Win status unrevealed until endgame. Killed N1.
8. Solaris, entirely of his own volition
9. AgentBlue
10. Wheat
11. Woffles - Lawjester. Could make one player show up as innocent upon investigation each night. Would win if her target was lynched the next day. Win status unrevealed until endgame. Lynched D2.
12. Ixcaliber - Not A Jester. Had to say he wasn't a jester in every post. Would win if lynched. Lynched D1 after tiebreaker; our first winner!
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!)
I'm mostly serious business mafia-ed out at the moment but "little if any thought to game balance" sounds like something I'd enjoy doing
[Image: jm1.png]
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Yeah sure why not
JOINED AS HELL
Better dig out my super serious hat. This games gonna be winefia levels of intense
PYP is never allowed to use words in a mafia again.
Also I'm in.
DAMMIT I AM IN THIS ONE.

AM I IN IT?
<DragonFogel> Solaris, are you going to join Jester Mafia?
<Solaris> i dunno
<soundlyParanoid> JOIN IT.
<soundlyParanoid> JOIN IT THIS INSTANT
<Solaris> welp para told me to do it
*whimper*
good morning mafia fogel is it breakfast time?

no

it is mafia time
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Let me in. I want to play the mafias too.
Okay, I've come up with twelve messed-up roles, so I'm going to start this soon. Hold on to your silly hats, everyone!

If you missed sign-ups, don't worry, I'm sure we can do another one of these if there's interest.
RE: Jester Mafia (Roles sent out! Confirm in QTs!)
Okay! Roles are sent out! Confirm in your QTs, and the shenanigans will begin shortly.

If you didn't get a role that's outright jester-y, I assure you, you'll still be contributing to the overall shenanigans, and if you actually have to look for someone for your win condition, you'll have an ability that can help you with that.

Please don't claim your win conditions, because that will be less fun and might also make it harder for you to win; feel free to claim whatever you want on your abilities, though.

Also, you can't vote for yourselves. That would make it too easy.

Otherwise, standard rules: play to win, have fun.

Day 1 will start when I have a bunch of confirms.
RE: Jester Mafia (Roles sent out! Confirm in QTs!)
Day 1

The Modjester stands in front of the assembled crowd.

"Good day, everyone! I see we're all ready for the day's events. Well, then, start competing for the right to be lynched."

Suddenly, there's a puff of smoke, and a box appears in front of the Modjester. The box seems to be making some barking and meowing noises, among others.

"Hmm? What's this?"

The Modjester picks up the box and looks inside. He pulls out a balloon in the shape of a wiener dog, and it barks at him for a bit, then explodes in his face. He blinks a few times before continuing.

"Well. I'm not sure how exactly this happened, but it seems we have some Exploding Live Balloon Animals in here. So let's have a little fun, shall we? While you're trying to Vote on who to kill, you can also Elect someone among you to have these fun little toys. You can't Vote for yourself as the day's lynch, but you can vote to Elect yourself."

And with that, the Modjester puts down the box, and readies himself for the day's shenanigans.
RE: Jester Mafia (Day 1: An Explosive Start)
Jacquerel for balloon master 2012

Vote PYP
Elect Jacquerel
You know what. Fuck you Fogel.

I was promised fun times. A fun role I could have some fun with.

What do I get?

I get the role that I have to assume is the one role that is supposed to be played seriously.

This is ridiculous.

This is why I should not Mafia.

After this, no more mafias.

No matter how much 'fun' it's supposed to be.

I am not a fucking jester, and I am not voting first because I can't do silly joke votes. I need genuine reasonings.

Fuck this game.
You can always vote Zoidberg!

Also Imma daycop. Pyp is innocent. I can prove my allegiance in two days.
DONT WORRY IX
I CAN HELP YOU
Elect: IXCALIBER
Vote: IXCALIBER
vote: Ixy~
:( iiiix
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Aw, really? :<
Vote: Ixcaliber
Votals Are Silly Things

For the Noose:
Ixcaliber - 3 (Solaris, Woffles, cyber95)
PYP - 1 (Jacquerel)

Keeper of the Balloon Animals:
Jacquerel - 1 (Jacquerel)
Ixcaliber - 1 (Solaris)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 4 to soft lynch, although I don't have an actual deadline set yet.
Also, Ix's misery is blatantly faked, so instead I'm going to vote: Woffles for being the first to take the bait (not counting Solaris, who had the much more sensible reaction of electing Ix. Oh yeah I should elect: Ix too! that'll be fun).
Look. I appreciate the thought, but I'm playing to my win condition. It just so happens that the silliest win condition to have in a ridiculous mafia is to have to play it completely fucking straight.

I'm not going to quit. I'm too damn stubborn, look at sleepdep mafia for example.

I don't want people to vote for me. Don't vote for me. I am not a fucking jester.
oh okay
Continue voting Ix