WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA N5: nothing happened
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D1: Some guy died
Originally posted on MSPA by crepuscularDissembler.

this is seastorm's only worthwhile post, the other one is a randavote

seastormjt Wrote:5 hours left in the day? Whoops. ("January 26th, 5 PM EST" 12 hour extension happened at some point? Okay)

Vote: Mr. Guy because iirc he didn't look good coming out of the Tea thingy. MV looks... Like he usually does? I don't have much of a read from him due to skimming due to busy. I will say that I think Anacreon isn't lying about being a miller.
Konec looked town, Luneix looked... Weird? Pala also looked weird (Anac I think asked if one of Tea and Pala were scum which one it would be -- Tea looked really town in the beginning of the day and I thought it was town-on-town until that weird-as-heck vote on Guy's part. Pala I always read scum on but his posts didn't look particularly great either and I'm getting a bit of a Chemfia vibe from him. #337 is weird, and I can't quite tell if he's joking around or not but it seems a bit... Fluffy? It's long but it doesn't seem to say much.)

(Sorry the day was really poorly timed I went from NY home and now down to Atlanta >.> Sleeping now, be back tomorrow or Sunday... Most likely Monday or Tuesday though)
yeah but seriously can we get a bandwagon on her so she actually comes in and says something
or a replacement? I'm not too picky
hey if you scum dudes have day chat go and drop a line. come onnnnn
Re: WHO ARE THE REAL MONSTERS?!?!?!??!? MAFIA D2: ONE DEATH??? IMPOSSIBLE
Originally posted on MSPA by anacreon.

I have no problem with vote: seastorm
I would like solaris to not dance around like he is and Ix isnt really doing much better. I might end up wrestling one of them. Actually screw it
I am going to wrestle Ix
Originally posted on MSPA by MalkyTop.

EVENT!!!

ANACREON STANDS UP AGAIN BECAUSE OF IMPATIENTS RAWWRRRGGHHH GOTTA WRESTLE MORE BEARS.

Where's a bear where's a bear WHERE IS A BEAR.

Having seen this once pbefore everybody was better at trying to escape the grasp of the crazy bear-wrestling maniac BUT ONE PERSON WAS TOO STUPID TO BE ABLE TO ESCAPE.

IT WAS IX.

Ix was quickly wrapped up in anacreon's large bear-wrestling arms but as soon as that happened he somehow just slipped out.

Confused, anacreon tried to bear hug Ix again but Ix slipped out once more.

IT TURNED OUT THAT IX WAS TOO STUPID TO BE WRESTLED. THUS IX COULD NOT BE A BEAR.

ANACREON FAILED ONCE MORE TO FIND A BEAR AND EVERYBODY STARED SHAME TAGGERS AT HIM UNTIL HE SAT DOWN AGAIN AND PROMISED TO BE CIVILIZED.
Originally posted on MSPA by Namboto.

Palamedes Wrote:Nam be more specific because if you just kind of think it I'm not so sure I want to believe you?
I saw a reference to something that I thought was significant but it turned out to be a common thing.

in other words, I retract my previous assertion and admit that I was jumping at shadows (oh how I could have avoided this if I'd done a simple thread search before posting)

however, I do want to know why, exactly, pilot bussed tea and guy. What were they trying to accomplish?

and I'm thinking that seastorm just hasn't checked in because of travel and such but yeah she should probably start talking
Originally posted on MSPA by absoluteCertainty.

TehPilot Wrote:BERURU ARE YOU A VAMPIRE TAX COLLECTOR-LIKE THING Y/N
n.... o???????
[Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mk1k02xkyr1qfnp4zo4_250.gif]
Originally posted on MSPA by Paranoia.

Luneix Wrote:Okay, I'm back. (First day back at school and I'm already half dead...)
So, the simplest model of the events surrounding Guy's murder, assuming that Pilot's busdrivering is correct, and Cat's mason-vig trolling was not, (and disregarding anything we lack testimony for, such as the interference of Doctor's, etc.) is this:

Scum targets Tea. (who is presumably town, in this version of events, but could be opposing-scum)
TehPilot busdriver's Tea and Guy.
Guy is killed in Tea's place.

While yes, this seems sort of obvious to those who trust Pilot about the busdriver'ing, what has not been adequately considered are the ramifications of this version of events.
The question for this investigation becomes not "Is Tea scum?" - as this cannot be definitively determined within the set parameters - but rather, "Who would stand to benefit from Tea's death?"
To understand this new question, we must first take into account what would have happened that night had Pilot not busdriver'ed, and Tea had been killed as the hit was (or seems to have been) originally intended.

In this alternate course of events, Tea lies dead, and MrGuy would find himself in much the same place Tea does now - accused of the murder due to previous aggression between the pair.
Thus, it could be construed that without Pilot's actions, the killer intended to take down both MrGuy and Tea in one fell swoop.
(And if, as the flavor of the death implies, MrGuy was hit with two murder-actions, then this only widens the number of suspects.)

But now, as tiredness threatens to overcome me, I think I've faltered at this hurdle of the investigation - I've got this far, but I'm stumped as to what this implies because my brain's being stupid.
I think possibly this implies that the murderising party would have tried to lynch either Tea or MrGuy, and we should investigate those bandwagons, but I'm not sure.
Does anyone have some insight they could lend me with this?

Also, nice new quirk, Para. Fix a glitch in your systems? [img]images/smilies/pccool.gif[/img]
<span style="font-family: system">Let's Talk About This.

Tea is by no definition Clear of Infection. For One, Tea was in what Biological Lifeforms classify a "shitstorm", which is a storm composed of mudslinging and wild accusations. No Human Fecal Matter as far as I know if.

It would stand to reason Irregulars would not wish for Tea's alignment to be resolved for any of Several Reasons. One such reason is he would be that he is not infected, and therefore an activated deletion protocol upon him would be one not aimed at Irregulars.

The other potential Reason would be he is an Infected Process himself.

By This Logic, if Tea was targetted for deletion by any irregulars, it would most likely be by Irregulars from a viral program suspecting him to be a member of an opposing team.

Therefore if Process tea was targeted for deletion by any Irregulars, it is heavily likely we are looking at two viral programs.

Process Tea has therefore taken the Opprotunity Today to Do Little besides join the deletion protocol for Process Solaris and to deny allogations of voting with little to no reason. His vote for Solaris does not ring of honestly scanning for Infected Processes and instead attempting to get rid of a process that wants him dead.

Further Analysis suggests Process TehPilot is still Infected. His only real post has been deflecting away from Process Tea onto Process Solaris and he completely avoided posting anything worthwhile while the Tea Vs. Visceral "humanoid fecal Matter Storm."

Analysis suggests that if Process TehPilot is Infected, so is Process Tea, and Process Tea is currently my lead suspect for Irregular on the Visceral Deletion Protocol.

I am also Pleased that most of you have responded to my Queries. Let me express my happiness with the following

</span>

<span style="font-family: impact"> YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!</span>

<span style="font-family: system">I will respond to you upstanding processes shortly. Please stand by while I prepare to do so. In the meanwhile I will send you all celebratory cake.

Please give Cake 3-4 weeks to arrive. Cake may have settled during shipping. Not responsible if you are allergic to the ingredients in the cake, some of which may have been processed in a factory that also processes nuts, fish shavings, bowling balls, asphalt, and deadly neurotoxins.</span>

<span style="font-family: system">

With regards to idle process Seastorm: If they have not contributed at all to the scan by the end of day, I would not oppose a deletion protocol aimed at them. And if they simply do not have time to play they should be rebooted as soon as possible so that we may get some information on that slot.</span>

seastorm's last activity was 5am today? so she's BEEN on
it'd be nice to have something, even if it's just "rereading thread will post tomorrow xoxo"
that or she should get a replacement because I do legitimately want to lean my elbow hard into that spot

also Para is a good & I agree with him

qe: diiiiiiiiiiiniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Originally posted on MSPA by seastormjt.

"rereading thread will post tomorrow xoxo"
^^ True.

No seriously I started rereading today but then I fell asleep ._.
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

blaaaahhhhhh stop impinging doubts on me, now i can't get anything straight

para raises good points re: responses of suspects during key points of the day and makes a good case for Tea - but i think i'll hold on to this vote for the moment and WAIT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY ON THE MATTER THAT ISN'T TWO SENTENCES.
Originally posted on MSPA by Agent1022.

wait they probably said more than two sentences

cbf checking
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

Ana this one's for you. I figure maybe you could get some tips or something:

MalkyTop Complains About School The Mafia
"This is awful." MalkyTop complained. Though her school day had finished her work was not yet done; massive piles of homework filled the room. Notebooks and textbooks, folders and files all piled to the ceiling and all demanding her immediate attention, for each and every peice of homework was due in just four short days. If she wanted to even begin to make an impact upon the work she had to do she figured she would have to go such mundane necessities as sleep and food, and it went without saying that playing The Cave was all but impossible. "How the hell did I even get this much homework?" She asked plaintively.

Though it was not strictly permitted she knew that she would need assistance in this monumental task, and so she invited twenty of her classmates to visit her, and ostensibly that they would do her homework for her while she relaxed and played The Cave. Everything seemed to be going fine, at first, but the night was to end in tragedy. With nineteen capable minds and one idiot working hard at it the homework was soon completed and they were to be on their way when they discovered to their shock that MalkyTop had been killed; choked by scrunched up pages of unfinished homework.

It was clear this was the work of the Homework Mafia; a secretive cabal of individuals who did not appreciate those who sought to cheat upon their homework. At least one member of this mafia had to be hidden amongst Malky's helpful schoolfriends, they concluded, and quickly the door was locked and barred and an investigation begun as to who might have committed this terrible act...

homework = homeowners
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

oh my fucking god seedy you dont know how much i fucking needed that BE GLAD THAT SCHAZER ISNT HERE RIGHT NOW OR SHE'D PROBABLY SHIV YOU HA HA HA HA
Originally posted on MSPA by Luneix.

@Paranoia - I think you pretty much got the gist of what I was saying - I wasn't trying to clear Tea's name per se, but instead pointing out that (again, like you said) it was a shitstorm and that thinking about it laterally gave any number of equally likely outcomes, including Tea being Town or Op-Scum. This was mainly to point out that we should be considering avenues of approach wider than just "bandwagon Tea".

Okay, as people have pointed out, while I can do ANALYSIS WALLS, I'm pretty shitty at giving my own opinion, so for your viewing pleasure, I'll give a read-wall here:

People I'm Fairly Solid On:
Anacreon: TOWN - I know some people are weirded out by his bear wrestling, but I'm almost certain that his fluff we know about is town-oriented, and that his Bear-wrestling ability wouldn't make sense narrative or game-wise when given to a scum player.
Paranoia: TOWN - Despite a pretty hard to read quirk at first (although I think that was part of his role), in my mind he's been one of the more clear and analytical players, making good points and prompting clear discussion.
Agent 1022: TOWN - Bore the brunt of my rather careless voting earlier, which I'm going to redact as I now see that it was based on quite the shaky argument. Seems to have been quite decent and analytical, using both their own arguments and taking into account other people's with fairly little scummy-action. Seems like one of the most clear cut Townie's to me.

People I'm Wavering On:
Solaris: Tentative Scum - Although I acknowledge the glorious level of humour they've brought to the game, I can't help but notice that they've posted a considerable amount with a significant lack of content or analysis. The only thing I really know for sure is that they're probably a lyncher for Tea, and thus the lack of knowledge I have about Sol makes them seem one of the scummier players in my eyes.
Mirdini: Tentative Town - 'dini seems to have been pretty helpful, and clear with his first read-wall and questioning. His sparse posting and the thick layer of fluff that surrounded his second read-wall is basically all that's barring me putting him into the Solid category.
Ixcalibur: Tentative Scum - From what I've seen, Ix seems to be much like Solaris but with a lot less posting - so far he's given massive walls of text with very little of worth in them, which makes me think he's possibly scummin' it up.

People I'm Bewildered By:
A Killer Cuppa Tea: While I've conjectured that Tea might not be scum, that was mainly to avoid early bandwagon'ing and get more lateral arguments to be brought forward about their guilt. UNDECIDED.
Palamedes: So far Pala's myriad posts and aggressiveness towards any scummy behaviour could be seen as either a tough-town or a smokescreening-scum. JURY IS OUT.
Konec0: Same boat as Pala for me. UP IN THE AIR.
TehPilot: The whole busdrivering Guy/Tea thing, without further evidence, seems a bit sus' whether it occurred or not. UNJUDGEMENT DAY.
CuriousCat: Yeah, so far Cat has been pretty damn hard to read (bar earlier trolling) that I'm not even gonna try. NOT EVEN GOING THERE.

Basically, anyone I haven't mentioned goes in the Bewildered category, either because I don't have a clear idea of them in my head (Beruru, Namboto, Seedy, Schazer) or because they've posted very sparingly (due to travel, I think?) and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt (Seastorm, CuttlefishCuller).

Anyway, now that I've done that, I think I'm going to shift my vote to Vote: Solaris, as frankly apart from Ix, they're the person I have the most to go on, and Ix seems to have been relatively harmless votewise.

As an addendum, TehPilot, is there anything you can do to confirm, or at least assuage our doubts about your busdriver'ness? Or can anyone else come forwards with happenings from last night?

man why does everyone just think i am a lyncher for tea can't i just want him dead for other irrational reasons???

god you people and your mechanics and your read walls and your analysis and your deep thought and your votes and your colors and your bolding and your formatting and your underlining and your threading and your linking of people and your quotes and your not paying attention to malky top and your not interacting with malky and your mod points and your reading and your thinking and your original content and your parroting and your pressure and your judgement and your video embedding and your foresight and your lack of seeing sense and your seriousness and your animal characteristics and your names and your words and your paragraphs and your gold and your guns and your girls and your dot text images and your blue bada beeda bu bai and your life but not for honor and your you and your dreams and your lunches and your timezones and your bussing and your claims and your lies and your deaths and your reads and your votes and your and your and your and your and your.......

Oh hey thanks Luneix.

No seriously man, I didn't realise how easy it was to see through my CLEVER RUSE. I mean up until this point I Really Honestly Earnestly believed that the best way to play as scum was to blatantly refuse to even attempt to appear Town, to actively make fun of people participating in the 'scumhunt' and to be overtly obnoxious and unhelpful. I mean wouldn't you think that was clearly the best way not to draw any attention to yourself whatsoever. Like seriously man thank you for opening my eyes.

I'm going to go and compile useless reads on people and stop having any fun whatsoever now so I can fit in better with your expectations of how every single person must play this game.

@Ixcalibur (Unless you were being extremely sardonic) Um, chill? I wasn't saying that you were a bad player or anything, just that in my opinion your actions had made you seem scummy. No need to blow a gasket.

IGNORE THIS
SpoilerShow

THIS DOESNT EXIST

*does a backflip into warm blankets for an hour of sleep*

*tags out of the ring so that hulk hogan can take over*

ALSO IGNORE THIS
SpoilerShow
THIS EQUALLY DOESNT EXIST

PLEASE IGNORE THIS
SpoilerShow
IT DOES NOT EXIST

But Luneix, if it is scummy to do as you please and enjoy yourself and also presumably scummy to pretend to be town then clearly you can make a case for absolutely any course of action anyone takes in a game of Mafia as being proof that they are scum?

I'm pretty sure that a true scum would probably seek to prove themselves town by pointing out people who are really obviously scummy and going 'they might be scum' because that makes you look like you are contributing while not having to put your neck on the line in any way.

Incidentally just so we're all clear the previous accusation was being used in a Sardonic manner.

<span style="font-family: system">Biological Creatures are very good at ignoring patterns, analysis suggests.

For One, Process Solaris most likely is not a lyncher for Tea. Or if he was he'd submit a proper report based on the ample evidence against Process Tea. My studies suggest that Process Solaris wants to lynch Process Tea simply for being Process Tea, without any other deciding in simulation motive. Therefore everyone joining his lynch protocol have been parroting the same reasons, and they've all been ignoring Process Tea because of an already suspect Processes claims.</span>

Ixcalibur Wrote:But Luneix, if it is scummy to do as you please and enjoy yourself and also presumably scummy to pretend to be town then clearly you can make a case for absolutely any course of action anyone takes in a game of Mafia as being proof that they are scum?
And therein lies the inherent nature of Mafia - the only way to make any sort of discernment between scum and not-scum is to make some sort of analysis of The Known Facts, Suspect Information, Player Interaction, and then some level of assumption. And even then, especially in this sort of game, any assumptions made are probably going to be wrong.
Nothing is truly certain; this game is one of your mind and that of the other players. But we're all already playing, so I'm not sure why this discussion is at all relevant.

If you're still annoyed at me, could I have a clear explanation of why, so I can do away with all of this philosophical faffing about?

You know what, nevermind. Bored now.

Sorry for the distraction from your regularly scheduled scumhunt everyone.

Take this as an apology: