This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
I'm the worst Hero of Courage, good job me.

(thanks wheat you are super swelltastic hee hee)
Now i'm picturing Solly Link going around Clock Town making everyone's terrible ideas a reality.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Hsss, nymwars!

The very idea that one needs to operate under a 'real' or government-ID name destroys the legitimacy of those who don't believe such a name is theirs, for a start. Then there are those who simply prefer to be known by other names, and those who are trying to maintain security and anonymity online.

Is it just me, or is personal security increasingly lambasted by supporters of government and corporate interference into our lives? By outsourcing our security, we gain a multitude of convenience, but can the entities we give our information to be trusted? It's a very one-sided honor-based agreement in many cases, which in many cases boils down to:

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

We, the Company, do give you, the Licensee, the right to use this product until we feel like revoking it, which we can do whenever we like. By using this product, you, the Licensee, do give us the right to store and sell all your private information, including your precise location and personal details, to third parties who are not bound by any of the very loose restrictions we'll list below so that you feel like your data is protected. You are not allowed to revoke this right at any time, even after you stop using the product. You belong to us. Your soul belongs to us.

Also, if the government tells us to give up your information, we're going to bend over backwards to do that too. Because we just needed an excuse.

It's very much like instead of installing a security system to prevent your house from being robbed, you give the keys to your house to a known housebreaker on the condition that he put laser tripwires everywhere, guards at every door, and cross-my-heart pinky swear not to strip the house clean of possessions.

tl;dr - GRR GRR ARGH CORPORATIONS ARE EVIL ARGH
Yes, it's pretty ridiculous.
It's bad enough trying to keep online identities and meatspace identities separate as it is. I can't link anyone to my blog from any of my internet use-names or they'll know my birth certificate name, and that's a pity because I put much of my creative stuff on that website. And if I wanted to link to, say, Parallels & Perpendicularities from my blog, then everyone who went there, such as potential employers, would know I used to operate under the name "Dfaran" and therefore also be able to find, say, my old deviantArt account and whatever nonsense I posted on various forums years ago.
So, obviously that's all my problem to deal with, not the fault of anyone else. But my point is, I don't need Google coming along and making it that much easier for me to accidentally blur the lines between the identities. Once those gates open, they don't close again!
https://spinningflamingskull.com/
best television show?

so wait do the girls die in the battles or what
(12-20-2012, 04:54 AM)Nopad Wrote: »so wait do the girls die in the battles or what

This question. I have it too.
Well, in that clip she posted, towards the end the Good Guy Tank Girls shelled the crap out of one of the Bad Guy Tank Girls' tanks, leaving it immobilized and heavily damaged, at which point it popped up a white flag, so

I'm going to assume "Somehow, no".
It inordinately bothers me than along with the German tanks there is an M3 Lee which was definitely not a German tank
e: although I guess they have a few British tanks so my annoyance is probably unjustified
The damage is fake but THE DRAMA IS REAL.
I AM ANGRY

ABOUT

BEES AND TEEVEES
That is incredibly upsetting.
Beep Beep
That show is, um,

not about bees.
more like

beezinga
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
Beestinga?
[Image: xwldX.gif]
oh i did not get until just now that that was a link

e:
WAIT WhoaMelonspaRaaaaage
To be fair, that bee is pretty bazingy.
I have to agree, it's a sweet-looking bee.
Bless you, Wheatthins.
Beep Beep
so girls und panzer is excellent
oh man new post in supes new impossible lets play i wonder whats
Bratmon Wrote:If you decide to continue this, I'm going to be forced to mentally read your words in #005682 and start randomly replacing Bs with 8s.

IDE/THEORY: Vriska is doing a TAS of Sgrub.
up

welp
I can't believe that guy's gonna treat troll speech impediments as a code for english-- each one is its own legitimate language!
Greetings from 2013!
oh god my head
does your head hurt because you just installed those new future internet computer brainchips?
Yes
That would be the reason