rocket ship
RE: Psychogenesis
spider
Bottom Right Ghost Ship Thing!
(01-23-2018, 04:03 PM)[Robocoon] Wrote: »BOTTOM LEFT FRIEND

[Image: rWWRmMM.png]

Alone in a blank expanse of nullity, your very existence seems like a mistake. Your thoughts are complications forced onto an already-satisfied universe; your body, a selfish extravagance. And yet, here you are. Reality is your host, and for this you are grateful. Perhaps you can find a way to repay it for indulging your temporary separation from total oneness?

However, such a goal requires a sense of identity, and the shortest way to begin establishing one is to give yourself a name. Lacking a personal history, you must reflect on your physical characteristics and determine something suitable.
Chumfsk
Gorgo
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Henri
(01-23-2018, 04:45 PM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »Chumfsk

[Image: 6uBoHlb.gif]

Names must be more sophisticated than sensations. Though being able to conceive of a sense of self has brought you purpose and fulfillment, you are not content to simply think of yourself as "I." You yearn for an understanding of your state of existence beyond simply accepting your own perception of it, and so you must determine what quality you possess which could serve most effectively as your name.

In the act of exploring the possibilities you discover that your body is capable of producing sounds, and it is in this humble way that you first begin to create.

First, you produce the sound "CHU." Its significance is great, but only because it allows you to begin a new ongoing endeavor: as soon as you finish pronouncing this syllable, a second creation passes your lips: "MF." "SK" follows immediately afterwards, so you stop for a moment, before things get needlessly complicated, and decide to designate the combination CHU-MF-SK as a spoken representation of yourself. Your name is now Chumfsk.

You have begun the process of creating words. A simple act, but a necessary one. They will surely help you accomplish greater and greater tasks, the more you use them. Unfortunately, you have absolutely no idea what other tasks or actions might be available for you to undertake.

[Image: LA8Tyoh.png]

There's nothing else here for you to name.

[Image: bDKZI5r.png]

Your isolation from the universe itself isn't just complete, it's unique.

[Image: 4jRlVbn.png]

There's nothing within your entire field of oh hey look over there.
Look at it!
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Such audacity, to juggle in your infinite anti-conceptual void! Give them a piece of your mind.
>It is time to establish dominion. Alert the peasant over there that they now work for you.
> "sweet"
[Image: tumblr_oz9ql8vCss1rr2h9co1_75sq.png]
>name the nothingness "the vast gaggle"
Sig:
SpoilerShow
>Greet the three floating spheres.
Hi guys. I halted progress on this because there's some kind of weird error with my account where I can't see embedded images, and it felt weird to be managing a thread I couldn't even read without logging out. I know this sounds like the biggest cop-out ever, but it's true! I'll get around to asking an admin to help out one of these days.
(02-08-2018, 08:13 PM)Lieutenant Fish Wrote: »Hi guys. I halted progress on this because there's some kind of weird error with my account where I can't see embedded images, and it felt weird to be managing a thread I couldn't even read without logging out. I know this sounds like the biggest cop-out ever, but it's true! I'll get around to asking an admin to help out one of these days.

You have it too? I guess I'm not alone. I've found that going incognito let's me see the pictures.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
I have also had that problem, but Schazer fixed it for me. Just contact them and they'll fix it when they can.
Sig:
SpoilerShow