-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)
RE: -=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)
btp pulled out his pistol, yelling violently at Acionyx (whom simply sat where he was, smirking).

But when he pulled the trigger, it was his brains splattered against the wall, not Acionyx's.

btp was the Silenced Gunsmith, a member of the Crooks Hollow Mafia, and thus a member of the TOWN.

Before dealing with the mafia, btp worked as a black market gunsmith. He made all sorts of weapon augmentations, such as laser sights, scopes, longer barrels, etc. However, he particularly specialized in concealed and silenced weaponry that would make even the loudest of weapons as silent as a sheep's wool.

It made perfect sense for him to aid the mafia. In addition to earning a steady pay and having constant protection, he got the benefit of dealing with even more state of the art weaponry.

Oneshot: btp could give any player (besides himself) a silenced pistol.
A silenced pistol provided an anonymous daykill to the recipient (i.e. no suicide or public activation) but replaced their gun and only had one bullet. (In otherwords, nobody could shoot twice with this gun nor use their own gun afterwards for a suivig).

Despite his broad gun knowledge, btp was not immune to gun riggings.

TOWN HAS LOST.
Les Zorros Tranquillos reign victorious.

The remaining members were then easily overcome as Mirdini, Acionyx and Coldblooded drew their pistols in sync and terminated 0_o, AgentBlue and Boogeyman.

AgentBlue, the Voodoo, was also aligned with the Crooks Hollow.

After some ass decided to rob him in the middle of the night, AgentBlue decided he'd lay a curse on the oaf. Unfortunately, this got the attention of the Voodoo Treastice of Mexico, whom forced AgentBlue to spend time in jail for the crime. It was meant to be a short sentence, along the lines of a month or two. Nothing worth sweating over. But for whatever reason fate swept Agent off his feet and he ended up getting involved with a prison breakout against his will!

AgentBlue knew the identity and role of anacreon, the Town Trialboy.

Boogeyman was the Catlady, a member of the Crooks Hollow Mafia, and thus a member of the TOWN.

His real name was Felicia and he owned a lot of cats. Really, a lot. The reason why he ended up in prison was because the cats essentially took over the block and he were held accountable. Rude.

If Boogeyman was ever in possession of a cat, he could target a player. He/She would receive that cat.
This cat secretly travels with whomever the cat is with to whomever the player targeted at night. If there are multiple targets, the cat calls however many cats are necessary to visit all players.
A cat will return to the Catlady if the player in possession of a cat dies.
Only the catlady is aware if a cat is in possession.

With his dying breath, 0_o pulled out his pistol and took aim, but found his arm too limp and collapsed...

0_o, the Bleeder, was the last remaining member of the Crooks Hollow Mafia, and thus a member of the TOWN.

When 0_o received his last prison health checkup, the doctor was fairly surprised at his findings. His blood, it seems, was abnormally thick... yet his heart seemed to be more than powerful enough to pump the blood through his system. The doctor had planned on starting 0_o on blood thinners to see whether or not he would benefit from increased blood-flow, but 0_o passed on the opportunity in order to break out of the prison with the rest of the Crooks Hollow crew.

If anyone attempted to kill 0_o during the day, he would survive until the day ended. This will be announced publicly. Lynching would not activate his role, and he would not be able to shoot his gun if he was bleeding.

Stay tuned for the epilogue and remaining true flips.
Acionyx was the Rolecop, a member of Les Zorros Tranquillos and thus aligned with the SCUM.

Codenamed Zorro Amarillo, leader of Les Zorros Tranquillos, Acionyx assembled this team of mercs to take down the insidious Crooks Hollow Mafia for the sake of peace in Mexico. The government hired him for the sole purpose of disseminating the group of petty criminals and leaving the crime scene clean as a whistle.

With a cool ego and a level head, he planned to cremate any living thing with the Crooks Hollow insignia and scatter their ashes across the desert.

At night, Acionyx could select a target to investigate. He would learn the role (but not necessarily the affinity) of the player he investigated.

He also had access to the scumchat unless it was day and he had made the nightkill the previous night.

Coldblooded was a traitor to the Crooks Hollow Mafia, a potential member of Les Zorros Tranquillos and thus aligned with the SCUM.

Financially desperate, Coldblooded picked up a job as the local gang's "cleaner". He thought things would turn for the better, but no sooner than the first assignment was he sentenced to jail for a crime he didn't commit. He seeks admittance to Les Zorros Tranquillos in hopes to exact revenge on the criminals who wronged him.

Oneshot: At night, Coldblooded could target any player for an untrackable janitorkill. Their identity would be hidden from everyone but him until his demise. This action would fail if the target was scum or was not killable at the time.

If the main scumteam were to be slain, he would take their place and be in control of the nightkill.
If the scumteam decided to recruit him before their passing, he would join their groupchat in place of their nightkill.

He was anonymously masoned to Granolaman, the other backup scum. Neither knew each others identity while unrecruited. Coldblooded (as GX) was recruited to the core scumteam.

Coldblooded had successfully janitored Seedy:

Seedy was the Third Party Markerbomb, serving nobody but herself and out to achieve her own goals.

It is a tradition in Mexico to celebrate the dead each year during the Festival of Death. By the magic of this festival, Seedy possessed a prisoner at the institution. Disgusted as she was to be among men who had murdered, robbed and tricked the honest people of Mexico, she felt this may be the most appropriate chance to take revenge and bring some of these men to hell with her.

Each night, Seedy could select one target to mark, for a maximum of four markings. Marking was voluntary but necessary for her win condition.

If anyone tried to kill her in any manner that was not a lynch, they would be given an "Are you sure?" event message that would allow them to voluntarily cancel their kill attempt. If they proceeded to kill her anyways, she will not explode.

If she was lynched, this message would not be prompted and she would explode, killing any player who had been marked by her (assuming that they did not have protection).

In order to win, she needed to kill three other players as she died.

The warning message goes as follows:
"You feel a shiver down your spine as you cock the pistol towards this individual. Perhaps this is the wrong choice to make. Are you sure you want to carry through with this killing?"

This game's MVPs are

ICGC, A Killer Cuppa Tea and Mirdini

Congrats on supporting your respective factions to the best of your abilities and actively contributing to your cause! And Tea for winning as a bulletsponge.

Honourable mention goes out to Coldblooded for replacing in and seemingly going undetected by town.

Closure, Mirdini's flip, individual awards and links up next!
Mirdini was the Bulletproof Saboteur a member of the core of Les Zorros Tranquillos and thus aligned with the SCUM.

Among his comrades he went by the codename Zorro Rojo, but his true name is MECHA-DINI, psychic android master of STRAY VOTES AT MYLO. He came from the future, a time where mechanized androids controlled most of Japan. Mirdini had been sent back in time by the federal government of New AndroTokyo to prevent Mexico from destroying his homeland with nuclear weapons. In order to complete his mission, he needed to eliminate the Crooks Hollow Mafia, who, in an alternate future seize control of Mexico and establish a totalitarian government. In order to accomplish this, Mirdini allied himself with Les Zorros Tranquillos, the only society capable of taking down the Crooks Hollow Mafia before it was too late. The fate of all android-kind rested in his hands, and with his success Mirdini has ensured the longlivety of all Androids forever and ever.

(The flavour was written after the roll. See CH1 and CH2)

Mirdini had a bulletproof vest, which prevented him from dying once from anything other than a lynchkill.

Each night, Mirdini could select a target to rig. The rigging would last for two days and would kill anyone who tried to use their gun during the day, ultimately preventing their target from dying. Such was the fate of btp.

[Image: tumblr_lvm1j6ujUj1qmytzb.gif]
"Olrox, how much longer?"

"When night falls, we will be ready."

"Do you really think we can nip it at the bud?"

"I don't really have much of a choice what to think. One of these men is fated to flee to Brazil and father the child who will spell our demise. I can only presume my calculations are correct and assume that these modifications will result in the extermination of the Crooks forever."

"Pretty peculiar how this all revolves around a world-renown mob."

"Sure is. It's probably due in part to The Uprising taking place at their Japanese headquarters. Perhaps one of them created Ozzie, the firstborn."

"Are you suggesting that Ozzie was commissioned for creation by these vagabonds?"

"Yes, Fidelius. How else would they know so much about us? They probably have an early build hanging around somewhere. Maybe one of them clued in at how potentially revolutionary we could be."

"Perhaps."

"I hear footsteps. Olrox, when I get back, we need to seriously discuss how best to approach this scenario."

A loud bang. The tape recording ends there.
This will be the last of any canonical Crooks Hollow games I ever do. I think it's time to move on from desperado-city and look into new concepts. Again, I would like to apologize for the lack of flavour; right now, I'm at the point where I'm too busy to handle hosting on my own without co operation. Much of my time is being dedicated to programming an RPG, with a devlog which you can check out in the link in my signature. I'm hoping to have a chance to work with Mirdini on a new Songfia, so stay tuned for that!

Now while I'm done with Crooks Hollow as a series, if anyone else wishes to run a suivig game, just go for it. I am interested in designing a Crooks Hollow inspired hunt version for a more competitive atmosphere and replayability, so I may get around to doing that i guess.

You can check out the admin quicktopic below. It has all the links to everyone's quicktopic. You'll find that much of the roleflavour was cut from the flips for the sake of brevity and simplicity.
https://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Bv2JXvyMxpjE

Regarding calling Mylo, that was a mistake; I chose not to recall it on the fact that it would potentially negatively impact scum by offering town a meta hint to what was going on behind the scenes and the fact that announcing such a thing was probably a good spur for action, which lack of probably lead to Town's demise.

Credit to Acionyx for a suggestion regarding the psyche-ending.

Awards:

Beruru - Wasted Opprotunity: Waste a chance to use a bulletproof.
- Dutiless Seer: Successfully suspect scum with the most accuracy but fail to evoke Town support.
- Accally I Is Dolan: What does your role do, exactly?

Mirdini - Follow the Leader: You command, town obeys.
- Gran Theft Bus: Direct three successful busings
- Couldn't be Scum: Apparently are townfirmed.

btp - What Would Solaris Do: Give Mirdini a Silenced Gun
- Gemini: Be suspected of giving out two guns for a great portion of the game.

Acionyx - Evolve: Become angrycat and fill big shoes.
- Survive This: Get shot right after claiming survivor.

Coldblooded - Accidental Hero: Slay the Markerbomb.
- MixMixmason: Get "townfirmed" for being masoned with a confirmed scum.
- Puzzle Solver: Solve the Cross Tracker puzzle. As scum.

Granolaman - Gun-Frenzy: Encourage gunmanship.
- Proving the Notion: Get bussed by Mirdini over the concept that scum promote the usage of guns.

Boogeyman - Where's my cat?: Sorry about that, it was with TehPilot.

0_o - I Bleed: Claim Bleeder and defeat the purpose of your power.
- Okay But: Actively support Town. Good job.

ICGC - I'm Doctor: Claim Doctor.
- For the Glory of the Hollow: Be directed by the remaining scumteam into killing another townie.
- Who Needs an Arm Anyways: Successfully save yourself in the night.

Yewchung - Hatelove: Scheme against your partner... to avoid getting nightkilled??
- Theoretically: Fail to theorize correctly on multiple accounts.

Garuru - I Love You: Claim lovers, trackers and masons. Publicly.
- Well Actually: take Coldblooded's tip and deduce the trackings.

calibornio - Am I Doing This Right?: You did a good job!

Vortor: - Hypocrite: Critique others game play while inactive.

A Killer Cuppa Tea: - Shoot Me: Coax Mirdini into fulfilling your wincon.
- I Can Solve Your Problems: Twist your role to fit your needs.

Palamedes: - Party of Kings: Create a party for two MVPS.

anacreon: - Unexpected Guest: Intrude upon a party.
- Self Inflicted: Be hypnotized into killing yourself.

TehPilot: - Fine By Me: Accept a Party Invitation, because we had to ask you.
- I'm Untouchable: Claim.

Seedy: - Buried: Get Janitored before anything could be done.

g0m: - No Show

AgentBlue: - Just in Time?: Get a few words in just as the game ends.

MathGirl277: - Orage: Ruin everyone's desire to shoot with a gunban.
- Scum Leader: Be suspected of being scum as the Crooks Hollow Leader.

Scoffles: - Squirt Gun: Realize your power is a dud.
- Targeted: frighten the scumteam.

Jaquerel: - I'm Here: Sort of participate in discussion but post very little constructive commentary.

Red708: - Maybe Next Time!
You can now comment on the game.
See, this is exactly why I can never be confirmed anything.

Sincere apologies to BTP. You were fun to play against and you really deserved better than to get trapped at LYLO with a rigged gun and zero active teammates. If it's any consolation, giving Mirdini the gun not only took away his ability to double sui-vig, but also prevented Tea from dragging another townie down with him. So it still probably ended up helping town in the end.

I was also pretty mad at myself for not bothering to check either of the previous Crooks Hollow games to find out what an Amp Doc was before shooting him and wasting the night. Well played Credit.

And major props to Mirdini for basically steering the entire game from D3 on. Again.
Haha, well played guys, well played. I found this game most amusing both to play and to follow along. I finally managed to roll a fool-esque role and played it admirably <3.
Man why did you guys kill me early again ;-;

I was looking forward to dicking around with my role for a few more nights but I guess that's what you get for trusting Mirdini N1. Nicely done.
Sorry Palamedes I wasn't really going to leave the town mason-party-maker alive to wreak UNKNOWN SHENANIGANS.

---------------

Hell yeah android supremacy woo

[Image: 5mk7A9S.gif]
Yes, yes, good game all. It's funny, but I actually vaguely suspected that the town leaders were scum, but not to that extent. I should have acted more on that instinct. Well played, scumteam.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(06-30-2013, 02:25 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Man why did you guys kill me early again ;-;

Protip 4 staying alive: Don't claim town power role directly to the scumteam at the earliest possible time, especially when people are already talking about how town you are.
People weren't though? Not that I remember anyways.

Just Pilot and anacreon, but that was only after I basically claimed something.
That was one of the better games of mafia I've played. Huge props to Mirdini who played me like a card - you got me good, hahaha.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Why didn't scum shoot me N4??? I doc'd myself the previous night. I was trying to play off the Wine and make scum think I would try to doc someone else that time. Found the answer.

also props to everyone, best game where the townleaders are the scum team I did not expect anything or anyone to be exactly whom they claimed to be.
I can't decide if the entire scumteam giving credit permission to shoot vortor beats out the midday decision to direct town towards its only successful gunshot on a team member so that we'd have the right number of players for the revengeance win for my favorite moment of the game

Either way mirdini was magnificent (especially for finishing off scofflaw after I couldn't figure out how to proceed any further)
scumdini

it's always scumdini
You know whats sad i knew pala was going to be shot but i used my role on him anyway.

I am like he is hint so hard at what he is and he is super town. Lets use my thing on pala xd.
(06-30-2013, 05:22 AM)amosmyn Wrote: »Vortor: - Hypocrite: Critique others game play while inactive.

Been a long time, but I was looking through my bookmarks randomly. Pretty insulting.
I'm pretty sure I was passing out from tooth pain around this time.
And if they were passing out from tooth pain would it make a difference? And how would you know of the circumstance?
The point is don't do it. Everyone has a life outside the game; it should be understood that if someone's absent they shouldn't be shot down for it because chances are you might just run into the same problem.

Also this was several days after your tooth thing; you complained about it D3.

At least that's my understanding of the issue? Im not sure why I posted that as an award but in any case, the point stands.