Roleplaying: A General Planning Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roleplaying: A General Planning Thread
Re: Roleplaying: A General Planning Thread
Oh man since I last looked at this thread it is now Discworld.

I am definately in.
Hum hum, I have to think this over. :O So many character concept possibilities, but the ones I come up with right now might be a bit bland. Hmmm...

Also I like the idea of free character point range.
I'll officially state my interest in this new GURPS idea because I am so very, very up for this.
What level of levity are you looking for in character concepts?
It is DISCWORLD Granola. DISCWORLD.

Although to tell the truth later books are more grim and sarcastic instead of whimsical. Oh well.

Hum, perhaps I could be a recently freed Golem who pines to become a master chef. Aaaah so many ideas. ; -;
So you're saying I shouldn't build the gritty tragic antihero who's also a single mother of three and is coping with the everlooming presence of face cancer?
Oh whoops, forgot it was a fantasy campaign. Fixed.

Granolaman Wrote:So you're saying I shouldn't build the gritty tragic antihero who's also a single mother of three and is coping with the everlooming presence of magic face cancer?
Discworld also has strong female leads. That could be viable, but lets hear what Slorange has to say ;B
My level of levity is "Whatever you want", really. There's even a sidebar in the book that basically says "Yeah the Discworld is a place full of stories, but they're not all comedies"; the basic setting itself is pretty whimsical, but a lot of the characters are nuanced and dark. Especially Vimes, especially in the later books, but there's always been a semi-serious undercurrent.

My point is that the party will work just as well with a little variance in tone, so don't limit yourself. We can have Granny Weatherwaxes angsting about the inherently dark nature of humanity and their own urges towards evil next to Nanny Oggs who mostly just crack jokes about dicks. The tone, as the story, will be derived from the characters I get, and will probably be a melange of serious and whimsical.

For your own sake though, as well as your fellow players', it's probably best not to go all or nothing in either direction; a character with no depth who is a walking joke will probably get boring before you're done with them, and an Alan Moore character probably won't fit in too well.

Just make one you like, and leave the rest to me! As long as it fits in in the setting, you can have a humorless Krullian wizard or a bumbling yeti with a speech impediment or a deconstructed grimdark antihero or whatever.
That is great :D I should put a Golem together. Maybe there is an official template for them? Although at first I will try to make my own, trying to guess what it would contain. ;B
Is there a specific procedure that needs to be followed? :P
The only procedure is talk to me about your character ideas so we can work together on a sheet. Or if you're GURPS-familiar enough, make your own sheet and I'll review it to make sure it fits in with the setting.
Hey so... Has one of you tried to contact me via AIM? Because I think I accidentally ignored you as a spambot. PM me your AIM name and I'll contact you.

Alternately, if nobody has tried to get ahold of me, there's a spambot that says some pretty relevant things.
SleepingOrange Wrote:Hey so... Has one of you tried to contact me via AIM? Because I think I accidentally ignored you as a spambot. PM me your AIM name and I'll contact you.

Alternately, if nobody has tried to get ahold of me, there's a spambot that says some pretty relevant things.

Greetings, SLEEPING ORANGE. I have heard you are interested in ROLEPLAYING GAME products. Would you perhaps like a HUMAN based PALADIN? Or how about a CLERIC of category DWARF? Please contact me at <snip> with your RULEBOOK information. Winky
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]