S.K.Y.F.I.R.E.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S.K.Y.F.I.R.E.
S.K.Y.F.I.R.E.
WARNING. CORE TEMPERATURE CRITICAL.

"Uuuugh."

BOOSTERS 3 AND 4 COMPROMISED. BACKUP BOOSTERS ACTIVATED. EMERGENCY POWER RESERVES WILL DEPLETE IN 15 MINUTES, NO 7 MINUTES, NO 38 YEARS, NO 444444444444444-

CRASH

"Fuck!"

SHIPBOARD AI MALFUNNNNNNNNN- MALFUNN- MALfuckyouTIONING. PLEASE RESssSsSSsSssHello! Ma ragtime gal! Send me a kiss by-TORE DEFAULTS IN THE AI CORECORECORECORECORECORE TO PROCEEEEEeeeee

"What is going on here?!"

Hello, [ERROR NAME NOT DETECTED], and welcome to the SSV Skyfire. The current galactic year is 3140 GY. We are currently orbiting Arvum, in the Sparta system.

"There's a V.I. here, too?"

LURCH

"Shit! Goddamnit, my leg! Ugh. Okay, Vi, what's happening? Why am I here?"

Warning. Exterior hull has been compromised. Solar flare winds at a critical high. Hello, [ERROR NAME NOT DETECTED], and welcome to the SSV Skyfire. You have been biologically stabilized for transport. There may be some mild memory loss.

"Mild?! Mild?! I don't even know my own name! God, I just... *sigh*"

Please remain calm, [ERROR NAME NOT DETECTED]. Your transport pod's vitals have been compromised. Memory should return to normal once you go in the stabilizing pod. There, you need only to resZZZZZZZZZZZt for 4545454545-

CRACKwhiiiiiiiiiiine

"Not you too. Okay, looks like I have to land this spaceship on that, uh, planet. Gotta... shit. What should I do?"
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E.
Hhhhh, let's wing it. Where are you? What is it like?
Look for a steering wheel. or a window. space window.
~◕ w◕~
Alright, now listen carefully, this is your pilot training and reflex memory fighting through the fog of memory loss.

We've got several alarms on screen. Dangerous conditions as well as damage to the pod. First step, ensure maneuvering thrusters and stabilizers are still intact. We are going to need to slow down, and quickly. At least the impact warning hasn't gone off, still time to make the descent. Let's hope whatever this pod's equivalent of a parachute or landing thruster is still operational or we are going to have a bumpy and quite likely fatal landing.
Ideas run through your head.

"Someone once told me that the best way to fix a computer is by turning it on and off again. Er, I think. I guess I'll have to do that. If I could just find the AI core."

You look around, evidently taking in the settings for the first time since you woke up. You apparently walked out of a pod, apparently in the medical portion of the ship. The room is rather narrow, pods lining one side of the room. They are all empty. The lights are bright and oppressive, and the walls are plain and boring. There are no windows. Two doors are in this room, one at each end. Over one, Stabilization, over the other, Medic Offices. The lights flicker. There is a vague whooshing sound, coming in the direction of the Offices. Suddenly, the ship lurches again.

"Whoa. Gotta find that... steering wheel. Um, Vi?"

Yes? Yes. Yes? Yes.

"Where is the hold?"

The hold is 2222222222 the bow, just beyond the Crew Quarterererrerzzzzzzzksh- BACKUP VI HAS SUFFERED A FATAL ERROR AND MUST REBOOT.

"Well, that didn't help much. Guess I need to find a map or something."

Sensing that the whooshing sound represented danger, you stumble towards the Stabilizing Bay. The door automatically opens, although there is a bit of a lag. You enter the room, which is significantly darker than the last room, and more humid somehow.

Your memories leak slowly back. You vaguely recall your pilot training, and you think you may have been a pilot? But, if you were the pilot, why were you in those Stasis Pods? Perhaps you were a backup?

There are several stabilizing pods clustered around the walls of the round room. In them are other people.

"Great, maybe now someone sane can explain the situation and help me land this wreck. Hm, what's this?"

You go to one of the pods. There is a beautiful woman standing inside. She looks sleeping, but she doesn't look like she's breathing. The panel on the front of the pod is blinking steadily, which was what got your attention. On it are the words: CATASTROPHIC POD FAILURE. VITALS AT 15% AND DROPPING.

"Oh god. She's dying?!"

You run around, looking at the panels of the other pods. They aren't blinking. In fact, the screens are blank. You look up, and their faces look asleep, just like the woman. But, they are also very pale, much unlike the woman. The tubes that should be connected to each of the pods at the top appear disconnected, hanging limply from the ceiling, steam slowly leaking out. Only one tube is connected, the one connected to the woman's pod. The others are all dead, you realize.
Eat them, for they will serve great sustenance for your pilot-like metabolism.

What? You didn't realize that you're also a Pilot, an alien-organism? You need to eat too!
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
You're going to have to try to free the woman, or she's going to die. You can't just leave her.
Hit whatever button you need to revive her, if you don't have access just smash the console, there should be an auto release protocol on severe damage to the console.
Open it open it
Tell ship to wake her up??
fricker frack
~◕ w◕~
smash the window in

(also don't you mean to call this adventure ☆ S.K.Y.F.I.R.E ☆)
You frantically brandish your fingers against the panel, hoping to get the woman out of her eventual coffin.

"Come ON! Wake up!"

You look around, and see a bit of metal debris, possibly the one that cut all those tubes. It looks sharp. You pick it up, and carefully attempt to break the window.

bang. bang. bang. CRASHtinkletinkle.

Her face is slightly cut up by the shards of glass, but she does not even flinch. The panel dies out, and the pod shuts down. The locking mechanism retreats as well, and the door just kind of falls open. You grab her, heaving her weight on your back. Your injured leg throbs in pain, but you muster your strength and carry on, back to the room you came out of. There are a few beds here and there, so you dump her body on one as carefully as you can. You turn her over, and examine her face.

She is only superficially harmed by the glass, and her face is still beautiful. She is dressed in a simple work jumpsuit. You try to remember who she is. Who you are.

Your stomach rumbles. Your mental reflection of the ship's available food supplies brings up, unbidden, the dead crewmen. In an odd moment of apparent insanity, you consider eating them to satisfy your alien-organism urges. You shake your head, and look down. You look at your hands, then look at the woman's hands. You are like the woman, there is no question of that. Perhaps more will return to you later. She appears to be stabilizing. Maybe? One thing you are sure you're not, is a doctor. Nevertheless, she is now breathing, if not a bit quietly. You dab her face, and return to where you came from.

If you and her are going to survive, you need to stop this ship. Time is running out. There are three passages leading away from the stabilization room, but they don't have markers. Instead, there is a lone depiction of the ship above the doorways, with the bow pointing left.

The leftmost passage apparently leads to the bow,
where the hold should be, but
there is an orange glow from that direction.
The centermost passage simply leads
straight ahead, with no discerning features
about it.
The rightmost passage, leading towards the stern,
has a very indistinct white glow at the end of the tunnel.
It may be a terminal.
Head towards the orange glow, we need to know what it is but be careful. it could be a fire which can be extremely dangerous on ships. Luckily if you are part of the ships crew and working for any sort of reputable company or the military your uniform should be fire retardant so you should be protected from bursting into flames, though not the heat or the smoke.

If it is a fire we will have to find some way to cordon it off, if it is free than the automatic locks might not be working, we should be able to find controls in the bridge if we can find it (probably near the bow of the ship).

If it is not a fire or other obvious threat we can probably ignore it, we should have plenty of time to return and examine weird things later, right now we need to find the bridge and take control before the ship crashes.
Right, towards the white glow
~◕ w◕~
Left towards the orange glow is probably more important. If it is a fire, then it needs to be assessed/addressed as soon as possible.