ENRICHMENT QUEST

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENRICHMENT QUEST
ENRICHMENT QUEST
This is an adventure that I'm also running over at MSPA, but I thought it might get better suggestions over here. It's... Well, just take a look for yourself. Here comes the dump!
-----

>EnrichmentQuest: Begin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OACeQht2Ns

A young man stands in his bedroom. It just so happens that today, the 11th of January 2012, is the first day of the rest of his life. It is the day that he begins his most epic of quests- the quest for enrichment. He needs a name, you say? It was 19 years ago that he was given life, he already has a name! But perhaps he could use a title of some sort. What shall we call this young man?

>C_______ J_______

>Be The Captain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lfq2LNK2Gk

You are now Captain Jellyfish and you sincerely hope someone comes up with something better to call you very soon. You interests are many and varied- in fact they are innumerable, just as any real person's would be, so it's not really worth it to try and list them. For now, the thing you're most interested in is beginning your own real adventure, and this is where you begin. What will you do?

>FOLLOW SUGGESTIONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPZlFzsZiUE

You are now the Creative Juggernaut who- wait, I thought you were Captain Jellyfish! Ok, so you're the Creative Juggernaut now? You're just going to keep changing this, aren't you? Great. And how am I going to keep up with this? Wait, why am I arguing with you? I'm you! This is stupid!

>STORM THE CASTLE

Storm... what castle? There are no castles near your town. Well there's one, but it's private property.

>EQUIP WEAPON

Your weapon of choice has always been your camera and it's hard to equip that when it's looking at you. But...

==>

You HAVE the solution. Looxcie 2, your wearable camcorder! This sidearm will allow you to play in First Person Mode! An excellent weapon for winning battles of wits rather than battles of fists.

>LOOK UNDER BED

That may be difficult...

>STRAIGHTEN THAT HAIR. YOU LOOK FOOLISH. A REAL JELLYFISH IS SLEEK, DEADLY AND PINK. WE'LL WORK ON THE OTHER TWO LATER.

Uhhh... you could TRY, I suppose.

==>

Yeah, your hair... doesn't really straighten. Maybe you need a haircut? You're sure the voices in your head will tell you soon enough.

>GO OUT AN BUY SOME SAMMICH FIXINS

But it's dinner time, stupid. Who eats sandwiches for dinner? Well... plenty of people... but not you. Not today. And besides, you alreadu HAVE sammich fixins.

>REVIEW ONE OF YOUR BOOKS ON AMAZON

This is a colossal waste of time, but apparently it is absolutely happening. Ok, let's go ahead.

==>

"I think we all knew that it was coming. This is the beginning of the end. The birth of a new edition and the death of an old one. So young, 4e. So young to have the life snatched away from you.

I remember when 4e first came out. I was one of the few that refused to cling to the teat of 3.5 and instead chose to give 4 a chance. And you know what? It was great. Dungeons and Dragons 4e was a fantastic system that allowed for friends to sit down and play without loads of vestigial and unnecessary rules dragging them down. They could be as creative as they wanted so long as they had a competent DM, as the simpler rule set made it even easier to homebrew than ever before. Of course, it wasn't without its flaws and there were many ways in which 3.5 was superior, but 4th edition truly was MY game and over the years, I came to love it.

But what does that mean now that its day have been numbered? Will I charge out with my cane to yell at those damn kids that they're runing the DND I knew and loved? Hell no. I'm already excited to see what changed Wizards will make next. Sure, they could take away things I like and add things I don't like but it's not as if my books are going anywhere. I can still play it if I want to. All a new edition truly means is a brand new adventure in a brand new dungeon, and if that doesn't excite you that I think you need to seriously reexamine why you play this game in the first place.

I guess what I'm trying to say is goodbye 4e. It was a great run and I'll never forget you, but for now, I just can't wait to see what the future holds."

==>

And now you're feeling a little teary-eyed. THANKS, head voices.

>BE FASHIONABLY LATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17E3JmXFpw

It is a new day for Commander Jokerface- or rather, a new night. you've just come home from work and are dressed accordingly, and you haven't made another video in almost 24 hours! It's hard to make videos when you work all day! You decide that you will continue your videos and follow some new commands.

>MAKE A COKE AND MENTOS FOUNTAIN.

You have no mentos. You have no cola. Perhaps it's just not meant to be,

>COMMENT ON OTHER STUFF.

This command is much too vague! You will need more specific instructions if you're ever going to actually accomplish anything.

>EAT A POSTER

omnomnomnomnomnom

EAT DINNER

You did, and you will do so again, eventually.

>LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AND FLEE INTO THE WOODS.

It has been raining steadily all day and it is pitch dark outside. This seems like a recipe for disaster, but you file the idea away for future shenanigans

>BUY JELLYFISH RELATED THINGS. ALSO, GET JELLY ND MAKE YOURSELF A SANDWICH.

You are not Captain Jellyfish any longer, why would you do that? Besides, "jellyfish related things" is much too vague anyway. You suppose if it's SO important you will make a point to have a sandwich after dinner.

>GO BECOME A THIEF. THEY GET A LOT OF MONEY.

Somehow you feel that becoming a thief on an online video series available to the public would not be the best idea you have ever had, STUPID STUPID, DUMB. Never the less, you would go for it due to lack of anything better, but it is much too vague and unspecific. Alas, your QUEST LOG remains empty as the only other quest suggested- storm the castle- was similarly nondescript. Perhaps you should focus on seeking out QUESTS with which to ENRICH yourself.

>GO GET IN A SILLY GETUP AND GO FOR A WALK.

Again, it's dark and rainy outside, but you get what you ask for, so...

>DOWNLOAD PESTERCHUM AND USE THE CHUMHANDLE craftyJongleur. CHOOSE COLOR YOURSELF.

Done and done. Your color is the best color. The only worthwhile color to have. Besides orange.

>GET PESTERED BY OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FORUM

Well, you can't really control that. All you can do now is wait.
RE: ENRICHMENT QUEST
>Then wait!
>If you want money, try filling an entire spot with product placement! Maybe advertisers will be desperate interested enough to pay you for more.
>Spend your waiting time making fantrolls which you then roleplay on Pesterchum. Make sure they fill all their quadrants with canon trolls.

Then play a drinking game: every time you get a fantroll RPer to flame you for your shitty fantroll-sues, take a shot.

Try not to die.