Teeny tiny books (or: help Plaid be productive)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have recently gotten a bunch of tiny, blank books from a market i like to poke around in occasionally. I want to put something in them, but I don't know what! I have a couple of weeks of holiday ahead of me at the moment, so now is really the best time to be working on anything.

Here they are:

[Image: JPiJV.jpg]

As you can see, they're pretty midgety. The smallest one is only an inch long, and even the biggest is less than two inches. The covers are also made of possum leather, as the man who makes them was very excited to inform me. .___.

The problem that I have is that I have no idea what to do with them! I'm going to do some sketches in the red and black one and send it overseas to the boyfriend, but I'd like to do something a little different for the others.

Any ideas, stories for me to illustrate, etc? (If anyone is kind enough to give me a story for the books, I am more than happy to send them the end result. Shipping would be pretty cheap considering the size).
RE: Teeny tiny books (or: help Plaid be productive)
A really teeny weeny flipbook?
fill them up with the story of the thousand year door and then mail them back in time to nintendo
Fill them with the names of the soon-to-be dead
Collect fingerprints from people close to you in the smallest one
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
I would

draw dongs all over them
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Have one continuous drawing that snakes out from one edge of the page to the next. For the entire book.

Alternatively, commemorate the deceased possums that went into the making of the books through heartfelt poetry.
Open up all of the books side-to-side and make a drawing that spans all of them. Then turn the pages in a couple books and draw in something new. Repeat.
Tiny dinosaurs?
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Oneiric! Mini edition.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
nvm mail one of them to me this is just the cutest thang
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
write a series of vignettes that each are 10 words long

write the diary of someone experiencing horrifying hallucinations

draw a series of increasingly bizzare images, going from realism to surrealism to abstractism, perhaps each image being slightly different from the last one

sit in a public place. try to draw the most interesting (not necessarily beautiful or clean) faces you can see.

draw physically impossible architecture. one page with an image, the other with highly specific building notes

stay up several days until you pass the hallucination threshold and then draw what you see

draw/write the story of a person who wakes up in a mysterious, unknown world

carry one with you. pay attention to the most minute details. draw or write about any details that are worth it.

have people tell stories about the most interesting people they know and then draw the person based on those stories

draw the dirtiest, most broken, things you can find, but then colour the picture in with a rainbow

seal the books in separate containers and hide them places no one will look. make a book that gives clues to their locations and give it to a stranger.

Write a series of encouraging, upbeat statements and advice, meant to uplift the reader. Give it to a friend/family member going through a rough time, or keep it in case you hit a rough spot!

Alternately:

Write what seems, at first to be a series of encouraging, upbeat statements and advice, but which become progressively troubling and hurtful as the book goes on. Give it to someone you hate.
[Image: j5xngn.jpg]
(12-29-2011, 03:10 AM)GreyGabe Wrote: »Write a series of encouraging, upbeat statements and advice, meant to uplift the reader. Give it to a friend/family member going through a rough time, or keep it in case you hit a rough spot!

I changed my idea. Keep a tiny, shortened diary of every nice thing that happens to you. Just the random nice things you see that give you hope for humanity.

On the first page, write this:

"Rule 32: Enjoy the little things."

Read it whenever you're feeling down and think the world sucks.
It's your new twitter account. 120 characters to a page.
I don't even use my actual twitter account D:

But I am definitely trying out some of these ideas.
Don't forget to write really, realllllly tiny. :3
(12-30-2011, 01:21 AM)AgentBlue Wrote: »Don't forget to write really, realllllly tiny. :3

I recommend using a magnifying glass and a mechanical pencil! You'd be surprised how tiny you can write with a sharp tip and a tool for zooming in.
I always draw with 0.5s, don't worry. :P Or 0.2 if I'm using pen. I have a 0.05 which is probably best suited for this, though.

I have a friend who uses 2mm leads for his mechanical pencil, and I don't get the point. It must be like using a regular pencil @___@