Janowrimo - GET INVOLVED

Poll: Word Counts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
2 50.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Not Bothered
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janowrimo - GET INVOLVED
Janowrimo - GET INVOLVED
It's Janowrimo and everyone's gotta get involved.

The concept is pretty minimal so far though since this is our thing we can do what we want with it, so feel free to discuss changes or whatever. Essentially this is a group writing event for the month of January. The special thing about it is that beforehand we choose a theme for all of our peices of writing.

Currently the theme we have sort of decided upon is wizard romance and any permutation of that you care to name is fair game. I guess it is only fair if someone wants to suggest an alternative they can do so, but I think wizard romance is pretty key to Janowrimo 2012.

I do not believe there is a word count we are intent on achieving. Perhaps you can set a personal word count if you wish to do so, or perhaps this needs to be open to discussion. So discuss away.

PARTICIPATION LIST:
Pharms - Wizard Vampires
Mox - Wizard Homunculi
Ix - Wizard Mummies
Whim - Unconfirmed
Sanzh - Space Wizards
Jacq - Unconfirmed
Fabricati - Working Stiff Wizards/Wizard Stock Boys
Agent - Wizard Noir
Fogel - Unconfirmed
RE: Janowrimo - GET INVOLVED
I put on my robe and wizard hat, perhaps?
I don't know anything about romance or wizards I can't wait
But sometimes it seems like all I do is wizard romance~ Meloncholy

Oh well! I suppose I can try something.
WIZARD NOIR (this prolly won't ever be finished)
I missed something while I was sleeping at a reasonable hour again, didn't I.

Sign me up, I guess?
[Image: 01852.gif]

(I'm not entering, I just felt the need to do this)
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I've put together a guideline based on the plot of the Twilight series mashed together with the Harry Potter series. You can follow it or not, or omit some steps. None of you probably need this, but here it is.

1) Something changes. The heroine’s parents die/get divorced/move to a new neighbourhood. Preferably something tragic.
2) The heroine finds out that magic is real.
3) The heroine meets a mysterious but beautiful man.
4) Said mysterious but beautiful man begins to stalk the heroine.
5) Said mysterious but beautiful man saves the life of the heroine.
6) The heroine discovers, usually as a consequence of above action, that said mysterious but beautiful man is supernatural.
7) The heroine begins to date said mysterious but beautiful man.
8) Another beautiful man shows up. He is equally sexy.
9) Second beautiful man tries to stop heroine from dating first beautiful man.
10) Heroine discovers second beautiful man is also supernatural, and from a rival tribe/race/clan/thing from first beautiful man.
12) Heroine begins to date second beautiful man.
13) Something happens in which the heroine decides that she loves the first beautiful man.
14) The heroine becomes supernatural (if she hasn’t already).

Sometime in one of the above steps, evil supernatural people show up and one declares a vendetta on the heroine.
Well I guess moving to Forks IS sorta tragic in a way?
I thought her parents got divorced too?
Eh, I think I have my own timeline:

1) Girl takes job in That Little Shop That Wasn't There Yesterday in off-hours stock, is already magical.
2) Girl meets boy who is pale-looking, probably kind of sexy. Turns out he's a prickly bastard and burnt-out child prodigy who specializes in defense so well he barely lets in sunlight.
3) START OF STORY. Girl takes job looking for magical whatsit with boy as part of a bonus assignment from the proprietor.
4) Other person shows up. Likes whatsit where it is thank you. May or may not be sexy.
5) Heroine saves life of hero.
6) Hero saves life of heroine.
7) They eventually manage to escape with the whatsit.
8) Heroine learns that these missions (unsurprisingly) have a less-than-full success rate.
9) Heroine resolves with hero that if the other is ever lost in such a mission that the other will go after them.
10) Heroine hesitantly starts to date hero.
11) Heroine's past as infiltrationist and illusionist start coming back to haunt her in the form of third person, possibly a brother?
12) Heroine accepts second job at behest of Past Haunty Character. She is aware it is a trap, and tells hero this.
13) Cut to weeks or months later. 'recovery' mission.
14) Hero takes the job.
15) Rival shows up to interfere again, turns out he's working for Past Haunty Character.
16) Hero takes a major beating, but manages to struggle to break out Heroine.
17) Heroine proceeds to kick Rival's ass.
18) Past Haunty character doesn't like this, and makes this known with VIOLENCE.
19) Heroine and Hero manage to escape with their lives, but Past Haunty gets away with the artifact. Hero hesitantly declares attraction to heroine. STORY END.
1) Wizards
2) Jokes about staffs
3) Also wands
Okay so this is starting tomorrow. Everyone so far seems pretty much on board with the whole wizard romance theme so that is good. Nobody's really weighed in on word counts so far, so I'm saying if you want to try to do the whole NaNoWriMo word count thing then that is cool and you will probably get some kind of special participation thing at the end for going to such a monumental effort. Ideally this is just about writing a complete story about wizard romance that can be as long as you choose.

I'm going to update the OP now with people that have signed up - if you want me to make a note about what kind of wizard you are writing about I can do that.

As soon as it hits New Year in your time zone, get writing wizard romances. I'll try to post helpful tips or plot ideas or challenges or stuff like that, throughout the month.
So instead of Janowrimo

for me it's JanoGAMEo

So I made a romance game, not about wizards though sorry. Maybe my second game will have wizards.

You can download it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?3h23s2okgr4w5pc
So ummm this still exists.

How is everyone doing?

I, if you can believe this, have written exactly nothing on the subject of wizard romances. I know I am normally so reliable, right? Anyway today I decided to get round to doing something and I decided that my Janowrimo project would be in the form of an adventure: because I clearly don't have enough adventures already.

Times I didn't play your game yet, but I will.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE: Write a scene where you introduce a necromancer love rival.
BONUS CHALLENGE: Have them die and come back from the dead and still be a love rival.