Accelerating DECK-struction II: The Rise of Sleepy [Sign-ups Closed]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpoilerShow

Original tread: https://eagle-time.org/showthread.php?tid=1882

Rules:
(09-13-2016, 12:58 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »In this game, there will be an amount of players (6), and a deck. Players will take turns one after another, drawing 3 cards from the deck and playing as many as they desire. At the end of their turn, the next player proceeds.

This is where it gets interesting: the previous player may do one of the following to the deck: Add a new card of their creation, add a copy of an existing card + an advanced copy, or remove a card (but there can never be less than 5). This happens at the end of every turn. I reserve the right to reject a card that doesn't follow the card making rules below.

Each player starts with 20/20 health. Your goal is to be the last player alive (players with 0 or less health are out of the game).

CARD MAKING RULES:
SpoilerShow

STARTING CARDS:
SpoilerShow

Sign-ups:
1. ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆
2. a52
3. qwerx3
4. Schazer
5. Gatr
6. Shredded
SpoilerShow
RE: Accelerating DECK-struction II: The Rise of Sleepy
yeah, still
(09-13-2016, 02:12 AM)a52 Wrote: »Hello
Let's do this
I'm interested but if you've got a surplus of people I'll let someone who's not in Placan take my slot here.
ALSO YES
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
RE: Accelerating DECK-struction II: The Rise of Sleepy (1 More Sign-up)
You must be registered to view this content.
RE: Accelerating DECK-struction II: The Rise of Sleepy (1 More Sign-up)
by the way, if youre keeping cards from the old game, could you implement shield breaker (my card) now?
RE: Accelerating DECK-struction II: The Rise of Sleepy [Sign-ups Closed]
THE RANDOM PLAYER ORDER:
☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆, qwerx3, a52, Gatr, Shredded, Schazer.

Turn 1 - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆

You drew Egg Timer, Shield, and Ambassador.

THE BOARD / STATS:
SpoilerShow
THE DECK:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
i put down shield, natch, and then i put the ambassador on an egg timer for 2 turns because i DO NOT understand that card and i don't want it to hurt me.

in honor of getting the first turn twice in a row, i create the card:

[Image: 1lN5L04.png]

And Another And Another - (Clones all the "And Another" cards in the entire game when played.)
THE RANDOM PLAYER ORDER:

Turn 1 - ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆

You play Shield defending you from any attacks, and set Ambassador to play in 2 turns.
You also add And Another And Another which clones all the "And Another" cards in the entire game when played.

Turn 2 - qwerx3

You drew Ambassador, Egg Timer, and And Another.

THE BOARD / STATS:
SpoilerShow
THE DECK:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Uh, clarification request. Does And Another And Another apply to And Anothers that are Egg Timered? If so:

Play [Ambassador]. [Egg Timer] 2 on [And Another].

If not:

[Egg Timer] 1 on [Ambassador]. Play [And Another].

Propose:
Focus Sash: If an attack would kill you, instead set your HP to 1. Remove Focus Sash from play at the start of any player's turn if you are currently at 1 HP.
(09-17-2016, 08:28 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Uh, clarification request. Does And Another And Another apply to And Anothers that are Egg Timered? If so:

Play [Ambassador]. [Egg Timer] 2 on [And Another].

If not:

[Egg Timer] 1 on [Ambassador]. Play [And Another].

what i want to know is, what happens if you play an "and another" on an egg timer, like, by itself. it's like an open parenthesis! does it play whatever card is played next after the egg timer expires, no matter who played it? or is it specifically whatever card you, the person who played "and another", played next after the "and another"? does it just play the same egg timer again? with the same "and another" attached in an endless loop? does it disappear in a puff of logic at that point? i feel like it kinda has to be the first one, because otherwise it's no different from just not playing "and another" at all and just keeping it in your hand, only you've wasted an egg timer and you've forced yourself to use it in your next hand. and what happens if you play an "and another" on an egg timer, to get two running egg timers that aren't counting down to anything at all?
I've not really thought of keeping cards for future use. I always thought that whatever cards you don't play now can't be saved up (a la Dominion), but I may be misunderstanding the rules.
Although, you'll have to check with Sleepy
(09-17-2016, 08:50 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

If you play And Another on any card, it would be like having two of that card and playing them one after the other. So, if you had a And Another and used it on an Egg Timer, unless you had two more cards in your hand, one of your egg timers would be empty.

(09-17-2016, 10:17 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »I've not really thought of keeping cards for future use. I always thought that whatever cards you don't play now can't be saved up (a la Dominion), but I may be misunderstanding the rules.

You were right, and the comparison to Dominion is a good one.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
i think there's a lot of completely unstated assumptions in the rules that desperately need clarified. like, i asked sleepy and those (x1)s next to the cards do not indicate finite amount, but probability from an infinite deck, which is definitely counter-intuitive even though it makes sense for us not to like, run out of cards. is there an expanded version of the rules somewhere?
SpoilerShow

THE RANDOM PLAYER ORDER:

Turn 2 - qwerx3

You play Ambassador and an And Another on a Egg Timer for 2 turns. (I'm assuming And Another is going to be played on the Ambassador.)

Turn 3 - a52

You draw Quip, Ambassador, and Focus Sash.

THE BOARD / STATS:
SpoilerShow
THE DECK:
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Play Quip on Gatr
Play Ambassador
Play Focus Sash

Add new card: Hearthstone ripoff Knife Juggler: 0/1, deals one damage to a random player/creature (other than its owner or any creatures owned by its owner) whenever a creature is played.
I don't like the look of And Another And Another. Seems like it'll multiply And Anothers exponentially until we end up having only 3 And Anothers in hand more often than not.
(09-17-2016, 08:06 PM)Gatr Wrote: »I don't like the look of And Another And Another. Seems like it'll multiply And Anothers exponentially until we end up having only 3 And Anothers in hand more often than not.

why, that almost sounds silly doesn't it
You must be registered to view this content.
Or, y'know, use your turn to remove it.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I was HOPING And Another And Another would not affect the deck :/

(Also, I don't plan on And Anothering Ambassador, if that's allowed. I thought it would just be played (multiple times?) 2 turns later which would hopefully duplicate a more useful card.)
Here's my assumed game flow:

> Play Egg Timer on And Another
> Someone plays AAAA (maybe say 2 times)
Two turns later...
> Egg Timer activates. 4x And Anothers played.
> Now play some card like a Shield; all of the And Anothers become Shields, I now have 5 Shields.
(09-17-2016, 10:26 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »I was HOPING And Another And Another would not affect the deck :/

"in the entire game" can't be that ambiguous of a phrase, can it? i'm not trying to be sarcastic, i'm authentically worried when i haven't explained shit well enough, especially because i've been on the receiving end of a sparsely-written chili recipe all day. i promise i'll use more words on my next card, whether i think it needs it or not.

(09-17-2016, 10:29 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Here's my assumed game flow:

> Play Egg Timer on And Another
> Someone plays AAAA (maybe say 2 times)
Two turns later...
> Egg Timer activates. 4x And Anothers played.
> Now play some card like a Shield; all of the And Anothers become Shields, I now have 5 Shields.

like i conjectured above, an AAAA would have the same effect on an AA that you just didn't play at all, and then you'd have more flexibility AND a spare egg timer — but that's assuming you can keep cards. i've literally never heard of a card game where you can't keep cards, it's a really, really bizarre way of doing things. apparently dominion is one. reyweld, the game creator (?), says it's like that, but sleepy said in discord "you can keep the cards, no one does" which i think means "you could keep the cards if you wanted but nobody ever does keep the cards". i'm inclined to defer to the gm's judgement 100% of the time in every game, personally? but you could make a case for reyweld's supreme authority too.