The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
I'm feeling really sick. I should be over it pretty soon if my brother's bout with this is any indication, but I'm not expecting to be on a lot today.

I'll probably be fine tomorrow, maybe even tonight, I just can't focus on a lot right now.
Supes - What is your fish ill with?
[Image: xwldX.gif]
So, uh.

Yesterday my stepmother told me she wished I didn't exist, and gave me what basically amounted to a half hour lecture on why I'm such a loser, including sub topics of a) why I'm going to fuck up my relationship with my boyfriend, and b) why I'm a pathetic child who expects everyone to do everything for me (after i asked to maybe be kept in the loop about what was going on in the house sometimes).

This is after she and Dad were out of the house for two weeks, and she had ignored me completely for the two days they've been home. I have no idea what set her off.

After this she had the nerve to tell me that 'we need to get along for the good of the household.'
I fucked up.

I'll tell you in a week's time how badly.
If you need anyone to talk to, I'm around on facebook :<

(That goes for everyone else in here on whatever way you can get to me).
Kicked out

awesome
I guess it's a bit too late to ponder whether your mom's a psycho or not?
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
My stepmother is an absolute crazy person. I honestly don't know how she thinks the way she treats people is okay, much less how my Dad defended her today.

My actual Mum is absolutely lovely and I'm staying with her for the time being.
Oh jeez, yeah, okay. Should've double-checked for the "-step".
Well, it's good you're hanging out with another parent and not... I dunno, a friend.

I hope things go well soon.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Yeah, one of the perks of having divorced parents. My friends are really supportive though and no doubt i would have been able to find a couch to crash on had it come to that.

Bluh this sucks.
Drawing is making me feel really shitty, because I keep getting annoyed that I can't draw that well. Yeah, practice makes perfect, you have to suck before you get kinda good, on a logical level I get all that. But then my emotions are just like "wow this is terrible, you should just give up and stick to what you're good at you fuckwad."

I enjoy drawing, too; I've just reached a pretty frustrating juncture, i.e. "the part where you're good enough for the Dunning-Kruger effect to be all but gone, but nowhere near actually good." Being mediocre feels a lot worse than being awful because it feels like I should have fucking mastered the craft (even though I'm not a complete moron and understand that shit takes lots of time and practice). And the worst part is that I am getting better; it's just that better than something I already feel bad about doesn't feel like much.

tl;dr feelings are making self-improvement hard and gah.
three weeks into school and I feel like I'm sailing into an inescapable academic doom-spiral at the moment

like last semester I did really well but this semester the combined course-load and other things feels like it's too much to handle? I don't know if it's overconfidence or re-acclimating from being on break or three difficult science courses or what but I think when push comes to shove I don't honestly feel I'll be capable of getting my act together

also this is actually a really fucking important semester because three of my four classes are the latter halves of two-semester courses and if I mess up in those that means waiting a semester to get back into them (which keeps me from moving forward in those things which is not good); the other course is cellular biology which is integral to all of the upper-level biological sciences I'm interested in (genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology if I somehow make it to 400-level courses)

so yeah if I'm freaking out on IRC or snapping at people or doing my usual thing of abruptly quitting and returning inexplicably a half-hour later that's why
Me, I'm just sick with a headcold.

I'd take the day off from work if this weren't only my second week there.

I wrote a pretty vague-blogging kind of post but i decided not to post it, all i'm gonna say is i've had a lot of good things thrown to me and i haven't felt as happy as i should and that makes me feel guilty and stupid. Also my back hurts and suicidal urges are coming back.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Feeling uncharitable as fuck toward humanity at large right now

Myself a notable component of that set
for the THIRD MOTHERFUCKING QUARTER IN A ROW i can't enroll in the GODDAMN IMPROV CLASS because there is a motherfucking hold on my enrolling in courses WHAT THE FUCK i talked to my fucking advisors Several ADys In Advance to make sure there wouldn't be a hold this time AND THERE STILL IS and now the class is going to fill up before I can enroll in it, yet again.
Whelp. Sick.

At least they were nice enough to schedule this snowstorm so curling was cancelled and I didn't have to not go.
(02-10-2013, 04:30 PM)Pinary Wrote: »Whelp. Sick.

At least they were nice enough to schedule this snowstorm so curling was cancelled and I didn't have to not go.

Wait, curling was cancelled because it was too cold? Looks like somebody needs to learn the true spirit of curling.
(02-03-2013, 09:43 AM)Schazer Wrote: »I fucked up.

I'll tell you in a week's time how badly.

Two weeks later:

SpoilerShow
If you want to come over for coffee and relaxing at any point I'm just down the road :S
It's actually a total coincidence and we weren't even in the same city when we met!

New Zealand is just a tiny, tiny place. Which means we're relatively close but super isolated from practically anyone else on the internet. :C
Come to usssssss

Apparently the adelaide accent isn't even that different from the NZ one, you'll fit right in
(02-15-2013, 06:25 AM)Plaid Wrote: »It's actually a total coincidence and we weren't even in the same city when we met!

New Zealand is just a tiny, tiny place. Which means we're relatively close but super isolated from practically anyone else on the internet. :C

I work most of the "coffee" hours of weekends, and I'm out at uni during the week but I'd definitely be down for coffee or a movie or somesuch :>

And yeah, New Zealand is freakishly small. We weren't in the same city when we first crossed paths because I'd left my hometown to go to university, but as it turns out my mate from high school was Plaid's classmate at her design school. I think we had a good laugh freaking him out at the hithero-unknown mutual acquaintance.
(02-15-2013, 08:39 AM)bigro Wrote: »(Adelaide is line shaped, that's a 102km through traffic)
God, and I thought Boston was monstrously laid out.
I'm still pretty useless at organising my own time and I've left things long enough that getting sick on top of that really isn't ideal