+iny ©at people

+iny ©at people
RE: +iny ©at people
Man I wish I could contribute a single thing but my conflict resolution skills are barely enough to get me through day-to-day life, let alone handle gods and cats and stuff.

Being frog-crimes is HARD.
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
I'm pretty sure there's a huge gulf between "asking for advice" and "abdicating all responsibility". Heck, we might be about to ask them to go to war. We ought to at least give them a voice in the issue. The ultimate decision about what to do is still ours, not theirs.

For the record, "All TCPs alive" means ALL TCPs alive, not just our TCPs. Or else it's hardly a 100% win.
(01-10-2018, 04:56 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »Yeah I think we've said sorry enough. If we keep saying sorry and don't change our actions we just become the boy who cried wolf, except now it's the boy who cried sorry and then kept up their shady actions. When we need to honestly say sorry it'll end up flying right over people's heads as another empty word. If someone asks why we did something then we can give a simple "Sorry, we thought the knife/x was a good idea because of X and Y, just so you understand that our action, while looking mindlessly, was not meant to be aggressive on perpose." not a big speech where we rip ourselves apart. Maybe we'll feel good about ripping ourselves apart to say sorry but it'll just be a pile of gross awkwardness for everyone else.

That's basically what is being advocated? I'm not advocating for self-aggrandizing via faux-apologizing. I'm literally advocating about introspection. Intro- as in internal.
(01-10-2018, 05:48 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »That's basically what is being advocated? I'm not advocating for self-aggrandizing via faux-apologizing. I'm literally advocating about introspection. Intro- as in internal.

My comment was aimed in general, that's why I didn't quote anyone. If your comment was saying the same thing as my comment it looks like we're in agreement/saying the same thing.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Hey, not everyone completely despises us yet!
Things are looking up tbh.
> Definitely name the TCP Lil Dumpling.
> Also let's not call Grind.
[Image: BMy2LW4.png]
Teach Lil' Dumpling: Reading, Writing, Speech

Also, now that we've made our 5th TCP, I think it's time to contact Wax again. He is our teammate, after all, not our enemy.
Just going to throw it out there that two things we know about Wax are this:
1) If he's forced to join a game he isn't interested in diplomacy (and in fact, has no use for it, as he is automatically placed on the smallest side he can never win diplomatically, why did he design it that way?)
2) He hates people trying to subvert his intended win conditions.

Unless we dramatically shift our philosophy he is not going to be friendly with us this session, even if forced into being our ally. At best we might make a team with him and Rein, go to war to remove Grind, and then break alliance so that everyone defeats Wax (or maybe he can win if there's only one side in the game? But that's still impossible with both Grind and Rein here), and to be frank that isn't the first plan I'd want to pursue. But it's also pretty clear that right now as everyone is getting onto a war footing, a flying vehicle full of cats would, quite probably be interpreted as a threat by other people, or at least they wouldn't want us to see what their preparations are.

Is it a good idea to be setting ourselves up in opposition to the person who created the world we currently exist in? Probably not, but I have a feeling we're going to do it anyway.

He did ask us to call him when we had made a new buddy but I think we should get that cat named and accommodated and also work out what we are actually going to do next before doing it.
I have an idea. We'll have to pick either Grind or Rein.

If we ally with Rein, we'll automatically also ally with Macaron. We might be able to convince Marzu to join our alliance, but it'll take some doing. He doesn't seem particularly fond of Rein, but at least he doesn't have a grudge on it like Grind has, so it doesn't seem completely impossible at this stage. At this point, Wax should ally with Grind and they will both start attacking us. What we do now is defend our TCPs to the best of our ability. Keep our TCPs happy, grant any requests they might have, and hopefully the enemy TCPs will eventually get bored of fighting and go rogue.

If we ally with Grind, we'll automatically also ally with Marzu. We'll likely also be able to get Macaron to join us, seeing as we're already friends. At this point, Wax should ally with Rein, and they will both start attacking us. I imagine Grind and Marzu will want to fight back, so it might be impossible to go the pacifist route if we pick this path. But I expect our success rate will be higher.

This is all assuming, of course, that we even manage to get an alliance at all. We might be stuck with Wax now and just have to kill everyone to survive. Personally, I'm leaning towards allying with Grind. Call him, apologize for being an idiot, and ask if it isn't too late to ally.
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
I do not think we should call Grind until he cools down, and we should quit apologizing and then doing the same thing like some kind of cycle of abuse.

I agree that I would rather ally with Grind over Rein, but that isn't going to happen if Grind is unwilling to ally with us. Rein, whether their intentions are malevolent or benevolent, is more likely to ally with us. Either to honestly teach us as it said, or to use us as another number.

First, we should get our new TCP situated, and let the others begin TEACHING it after we give it the basics of read/write/speak. They are much less likely to overwhelm it.

Secondly, we should call Wax as he asked us to. See what he has to say. He doesn't do diplomatic victories, but does he do Rogue victories? We should ask. Does he have a plan? We should ask.
Maybe I'm reading Wax totally wrong but like, I don't think he can have a plan right now? He needs to know what we are going to do before he can make a plan, because until we know if we are going to try and ally with anyone he doesn't know whose ally he is.

My understanding is that Wax, attempting to act in the role of an impartial administrator/balancing factor, is essentially entirely reactive. Either he'll have no plan right now, because he can't make one yet, or his plan is completely unchanged regardless of whose team he is on, in which case it would just be "crush the enemy". He made this game because he wanted it to be a test, he isn't going to coach us now, nor become our joint team's strategist. That would kind of defeat the point of having a test in the first place. He's not going to give us his instructions. He pretty much said that at the end of our conversation, in fact.

Again, I might be misreading him here, but I think if we ring him up and he asks if we're going to ally with someone and our answer is "IDK" then we'll have been wasting his time. We can't leave calling him very long, but we need a plan first.
(01-10-2018, 05:07 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »We can't leave calling him very long, but we need a plan first.
Very yes.

We made an ice gnome once in the maze. Can we make some kind of neutral ground embassy thing out there and ask the others to send their TCPs to meet each other peacefully?
They might say no, but at least we tried.
I dimly remember someone maybe suggested something like this before. Did we have a good reason not to do it?
(01-10-2018, 10:37 PM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »
(01-10-2018, 05:07 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »We can't leave calling him very long, but we need a plan first.
Very yes.

We made an ice gnome once in the maze. Can we make some kind of neutral ground embassy thing out there and ask the others to send their TCPs to meet each other peacefully?
They might say no, but at least we tried.
I dimly remember someone maybe suggested something like this before. Did we have a good reason not to do it?

because this idea was the reason wax sent us a letter in the first place
I thought the first letter was for a zone of no-god-interference in our own area?
(01-10-2018, 11:33 PM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »I thought the first letter was for a zone of no-god-interference in our own area?

Correct.

The original letter was in reference to the Zone of Tranquility (and the knife, and our other anti-god/anti-system sentiments at the time).

It should also be noted that, since Wax is already here, there is really no reason not to make a Zone of Tranquility of we still want it.
revising my name suggestion to lil' dumpling if we can also call her dumpy on the side
Now that Wax is here, making the serenity zone wouldn't summon Wax into the game, because he's already here.
That said, I don't think "joining the game and being on our team" is the worst thing he could do to us, and doing something he directly told us not to do minutes before we're going to call him on the phone doesn't strike me as a great plan.
Now, I will admit some level of fault on this one, if we were going to summon one object that would make Wax join the game then maybe, it should have been the cat independence bubble and not the completely useless prank knife, but, hindsight is 20/20!

The way I see it right now we have two very broad options for what we are going to plan to do and I feel like, we need to get on board with one of these otherwise we're just going to be continuing to talk at cross purposes.

Option 1- The easy way: Do what Wax wants.
SpoilerShow

I think this is a bad plan and I don't want to do it, but I can't pretend it isn't an option and if it's what people really want to do then, fuck, I guess it's what we're going to do. It'd probably make writing updates a bit easier on Kitet at the very least :v

Option 2- The hard way: Continue to fuck this game up for everyone, but on purpose this time.
SpoilerShow

This is definitely the less sensible option. As you may have noticed from my posting history in this thread and specifically, backing the idea of creating a useless prank knife that got us into a lot of trouble, "sensible" isn't necessarily high on my priority list and so this is the option I am absolutely backing, but I don't want to keep doing it and fucking up the thread if it's actually something other people do not also want to do.

I think we've really reached the point in the adventure where we all need to be on at least a similar page, otherwise we're going to keep treading on our own feet and we'll fail at both options regardless, plus make everyone else's time playing this video game a misery.
Or rather, we reached that point a long time ago and ignoring it has got us into more trouble than it needed to, so we should get on that right now.
(01-11-2018, 12:29 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »The way I see it right now we have two very broad options for what we are going to plan to do and I feel like, we need to get on board with one of these otherwise we're just going to be continuing to talk at cross purposes.

Option 1- The easy way: Do what Wax wants.
SpoilerShow

Option 2- The hard way: Continue to fuck this game up for everyone, but on purpose this time.
SpoilerShow
As much as I would like to take the highest victory probability, I can't agree to sending our TCPs to war without their consent. They might be game objects, but they're also people, with consciences, who can make decisions and act on them. I say we talk to our TCPs about both of these options and ask them about what they think. Once Lil' Dumpling adjusts to living, that is.
i love jacquerel's post there, it really sums it up. if we're gonna try to get on the same page, though, it'd be wise to take the temperature of the room in a more easily-legible way than forum posts, where people can broadly agree and still argue.

so here's a poll.

obviously our decision here is non-binding and even after these options there's specifics and quibbles. i think there's some option 3s like "suicide right now" and "burn it down but for laughs" that i didn't include for basically just muddying the waters, they're kinda out there and won't be popular.

re: asking the tcps, i think they've already made it clear that they are super on-board with peace.
The hard way makes for a better story in my opinion, even if we are utterly defeated. Our actions will leave lasting impressions on the other gods, even in death.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
'I HAVE BEEN summoned I SUPPOSE. I WAS enjoying MY BACKSEAT DRIVING...
SpoilerShow

IF WE WANT AMBITION AND TO TEACH A lesson TO THE OLD FOOLS, HERE'S A PLAN. ALLY THE squishies AND LET THE OTHER TWO SQUABBLE. ALLY WITH neither.

1v1v3. NO administrator INTERFERENCE POSSIBLE WITHOUT IMBALANCING THE TEAMS. THEN WE intimidate OR OTHERWISE CONVINCE THE ENEMY CATS TO GO ROGUE.

IT WILL BE fun.

SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO LET'S begin...'

> spawn katana type
we're done spawning dude, we only get 5. also with wax there can't be a 1-person team.
(01-11-2018, 11:03 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »with wax there can't be a 1-person team.

'THERE WILL BE, IF THERE ARE more THAN TWO TEAMS. I suppose THE MATHS BECOMES 1v1v1v3. ASSUMING they CAN EVEN JOIN IN SUCH A SCENARIO. JOINING ONE OF THE TWO CREATES unavoidable IMBALANCE. IT IS THE safest OPTION FOR US AND FELLOW NEW FOLK TO KEEP THE VETERANS DEPOWERED. ESPECIALLY TO AVOID him.'
i wonder, if we tried to ally with macaron and marzu separately, would we accidentally end up creating a 5-person game-ending alliance if macaron and marzu didn't peel off of grind and rein. that would be hilarious
(01-11-2018, 11:21 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »i wonder, if we tried to ally with macaron and marzu separately, would we accidentally end up creating a 5-person game-ending alliance if macaron and marzu didn't peel off of grind and rein. that would be hilarious

'yes. MACARON, MARZU AND FROG alliance WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE. FORCE THEM TO ally WITH EACH OTHER OR AGREE TO DIPLOMACY. JOIN OR die IS THE BEST STRATEGY.'