Counter-Productive

Counter-Productive
RE: Counter-Productive
>Take note to make and splash the pumpkins with the mystery potions later. For science.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
Quote:> Before you go, what are those two mystery potions called? Maybe you can ask someone at the event about them, or at least keep their names with you to think on.

What are those mystery potions?

[Image: j5eOvTq.png]

Only one way to find out!

->

[Image: mYzXRJz.png]

You make two potions, a bright yellow one and a sky-blue one.

Which should you drink?
both!
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
>How about the blue one first, give it a minute to see what it does, then the yellow one.
Blue!
Quote:I'd try the sky-blue one. Maybe it will let you fly?
(05-17-2017, 12:04 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>How about the blue one first, give it a minute to see what it does, then the yellow one.
(05-17-2017, 03:01 AM)Tuesday Wrote: »Blue!

Drink the blue one

[Image: idZAaGM.png]

You drink the blue potion.

->

[Image: PwIxaf9.png]

You don't feel any different...

->

[Image: pf85Bey.png]

Huh?

->

[Image: vy2sXCa.png]

Whoa!

->

[Image: Tb9pQyY.png]

Congratulations! You've discovered the POTION OF LEVITATION.

...It doesn't look like you can get down from here.

>_
Think heavy thoughts
Try pushing off of the ceiling and walls to move.
Are you still moving/trying to move upwards, or are you just floating in place now?
> Is it more like gravity reversal (in which case you can never go outside until it deactivates) or different?
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
walk to the top of the desk and climb down.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
>Surely the other potion will help you get down. Maybe.
(05-19-2017, 04:49 AM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Surely the other potion will help you get down. Maybe.
(05-18-2017, 07:42 PM)vie Wrote: »Try pushing off of the ceiling and walls to move.
Are you still moving/trying to move upwards, or are you just floating in place now?
(05-18-2017, 11:44 PM)Zephyr Nepres Wrote: »> Is it more like gravity reversal (in which case you can never go outside until it deactivates) or different?

->

[Image: FCY7Cuh.png]

The potion of levitation moves you upwards constantly for a certain amount of time, and when that time is up, you crash down to Earth. It's a good thing you weren't outside when you drank it. You don't feel like recreating the story of Icarus.

On the bright side, the lift isn't so strong that you can't move, so for now you can stand on the ceiling. Your hat remains on your head somehow.

(05-19-2017, 04:49 AM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Surely the other potion will help you get down. Maybe.

Surely the other potion will help you get down. Maybe.

[Image: pWoay7X.png]

You're not sure if there's a Potion of Cancel Potion, but it couldn't hurt to try.

You drink the yellow potion.

->

[Image: wc9XfT6.png]

Oh god dammit.

You've discovered the POTION OF DARK VISION.

And since it isn't dark, you are now being blinded by your own retinas.

>_
Darkvision at least is a useful one to sell to adventurers?

Go put your existing useful inventory out in the shop front and see how much more stuff you'll need to craft to have a proper selection of wares
>Keep your chin up. Try focusing on the positives. Maybe try to list all the good things about your current situation? It's a good exercise.

or

>Cover your eyes and blindly fumble around until the potion wears off. Gotta be proactive, after all.
>Maybe just shove everything off one of the shelves to lay down for a bit until the potions wear off. Terrible mess, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
This feels almost bat-like, with the upside down-ing and bat blindness.
SpoilerShow
Quote:>Right yourself using the ladder, then take a break I guess.

Right yourself using the ladder, then take a break

[Image: O7mt9Qv.png]

You fumble your way over to the ladder, managing not to impale yourself on any sharp objects.

->

[Image: mjXvIPt.png]

You sort of awkwardly lower yourself to the ground. Though since you're going against your personal gravity, maybe you're raising yourself? What is "up" and "down" to you? Are they relative to the ground or are they defined by the direction of gravity? Do such concepts even exist in a zero-gravity environment?

You think all your fluff is going to your head.

->

[Image: 0mFoEDo.gif]

Finally, the potions wear off. You can see again! And also walk like a normal person!

(05-23-2017, 03:14 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Darkvision at least is a useful one to sell to adventurers?

Go put your existing useful inventory out in the shop front and see how much more stuff you'll need to craft to have a proper selection of wares

[Image: EyfbTUJ.png]

You put one (1) SHARP DAGGER on the shelf out front, keeping one for yourself.

Well that really made a dent.

Hey guys, sorry this one took so long. For some reason I really didn't want to make this update and if you asked me why I honestly couldn't tell ya. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know there's now a discord for Counter-Productive where you can hang out and be told when I'm being a lazy nub again. There's also a mirror on the cool new mspfa beta site.
>Adventuring gear is nice and all, but you should broaden your market. You should stock your inventory to take advantage of the approaching tourist season.
So since since MSPFA wiped the last update even after it was supposed to be okay, I decided to take some time off to wait for it to be stabilized. Good thing it didn't take long. We should be back to updates once every few days now.

By the way, you would have known about this already if you were on the Discord, wink wink.

Quote:Have you ever fought monsters yourself?

have you ever fought monsters yourself?

[Image: sH6OvIS.png]

Er...well, no. Most people try to avoid physical confrontations with the monsters. Not necessarily because they're strong, but there are a lot of them. If you kill one, the rest will make you a target. Not to mention, if you kill too many of them the Boss of the area shows up, and they tend to be ridiculously strong.

You're not the type to go looking for fights. When you came here from the city, rather than try to force your way through the monsters that kept the passes closed, you went the long way and kept your head down like a good little mannequin. You'd like to avoid attracting the monsters' attention to this shop as well.

However, if it comes down to it, you will defend this shop with your life.

->

[Image: uElOcra.png]

All right, enough standing around. You're burning daylight!

You grab a bunch of stuff off the shelves. It's been long enough that your MP has regenerated. Time to do some crafting.

Quote:I would also recommend Combining a blank spellbook with a spell. Just because I think basic attack magic spellbooks will sell well to adventurers. So, maybe Fireball, Shock Lance, or Ice Spike.

Craft Fireball, Shock Lance, and Ice Spike spellbooks

[Image: 5Usyowy.gif]

You do that.

Each book costs 5 MP to craft. This is because of the difference in size between the books and the scrolls. Runes don't follow this rule, but for future reference, you should think carefully before combining something huge with something small.

Quote:I would also combine your Sharp Dagger with a Poison Scroll, to make a poison'D blade.

Combine your Sharp Dagger with a Poison Scroll, to make a poison'D blade.

[Image: bvcw0FA.gif]

You make a SHARP DAGGER OF POISON. You almost feel bad for any monsters that end up on the business end of this.

Almost.

Quote:Also, can you Combine the potion bottle shards in your inventory into one new potion bottle? Or would you need a rune for that?

Also, can you Combine the potion bottle shards in your inventory into one new potion bottle? Or would you need a rune for that?

[Image: tFTVg75.gif]

That's gonna drain your MP, but sure. You use a Fuse rune to turn the glass shards back into a bottle.

You imagine if you'd tried to craft all the shards together without the rune, you'd get some kind of glass ball of spiky death. Or a really big glass shard. Hard to say.

->

[Image: 4U4cXsd.gif]

You put the bottle on the shelf where it belongs.

Quote:I would also craft an Accelerate Rune into a HP potion, and sell it to the hospital in town.

craft an Accelerate Rune into a HP potion

[Image: w9iYmRl.gif]

You used all your Accelerate runes on the daggers and pumpkin seeds. Fortunately, with potions, there's a workaround.

You make two HP Potions and put them in your inventory.

->

[Image: mUMgA8B.gif]

Ta da! You've made a CONCENTRATED HP POTION.

For potions, at least, crafting two of the same thing together has the same effect as an Accelerate rune. Concentrated potions are twice as powerful as normal ones, and HP potions have the added bonus of also draining the IP bar. Which would be useful if you had any IP, but like you said, you don't think it'll come up.
>Looks like you're almost ready to open shop. Prepare for the oncoming rush of business.
(06-15-2017, 09:53 AM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Looks like you're almost ready to open shop. Prepare for the oncoming rush of business.

->

[Image: B9kjzRV.png]

You put everything out in the store. You add some uncrafted stuff and make some potions as well to fill the shelves out. Looks like you're ready for business!

->

[Image: kfWsQJm.png]

A mysterious stranger appears!

"Uh, I was told this shop was empty but uh, I saw a light upstairs... so..."
"Sorry, we're not open 'till tomorrow."
"Oh. Okay. I just... you sell weapons and potions and stuff?"
"...Yeah."

->

[Image: yAe2vvy.png]

"Great. Perfect. I'll just, uh, go tell the others."

->

[Image: VIcpNRl.png]

That was odd. He sounded pretty young.

And what "others" was he talking about?

In any case, it's getting late. You should probably go to bed soon.
Check one last time for cats
>He was wearing a cultist robe. You know what they say about cultists? There's always more of them. Guaranteed customers.
That guy seemed pretty suspicious. Maybe you should block the door until morning comes. Don't want no sneaky thieves stealing yo wares.