The 2am thread

The 2am thread
RE: The 2am thread
it's been a while since i was able to and remembered to post in here. today i am doing pretty okay thanks.
eh, i have to go camping in the morning, bluh
SpoilerShow
guess who's planning on skipping periods 1-3 tomorrow

on the bright side i realized that you can multiply polynomials just like you multiply large numbers and holy crap this is so much easier why did it take me this long to think of and why didn't they teach us this way in school

look:

(3x + 4)(5x^2+7x +7)
who the fuck knows what that is? who cares?

but when you do this:
Code:
.            5x^2 + 7x + 7

*         3x + 4
          ----------------
          20x^2 + 28x + 28
+ 15x^3 + 21x^2 + 21x
--------------------------
  15x^3 + 41x^2 + 49x + 28
it suddenly becomes absurdly simple
why wasn't i taught this?????
ughh why are halfway functions so difficult to compute

if f(x) = x^2, then f^(1/2)(x) is clearly just x^root 2. in fact, f^(a/b)(x)=x^2^(a/b). you can even replace 2 with any whole number and probably any real number but i'm too tired to check. but the moment you set f(x)=x^2 + 1 it becomes like a million times more difficult. f(x)=x^2 +x is probably like computationally impossible or some shit. and even f^(0.5)(x)=x^root 2 doesn't really work with negative or complex numbers.

why do i defualt to doing math when im tired, this is not ideal. i can barely think.
technically i'm a minute too late but i was watching the genius
Hey 2am thread it's Schazer here live from the laundromat with vending machine royal milk tea and a fervent prayer to the deities-that-be of hiking equipment that the shoe-drier will successfully desaturate my waterlogged boots
Thanks for the reminder, Ix...
you're welcome Sruix...
oh wow I remembered this existed all by myself
It's time
٩( ᐛ )و
I was overzealous at a quiz and managed to hurt my shoulder maybe
I have a lot of exceptionally minor things up he mad about but the one I am sharing with you friends today is the fact that "renege" has a hard j
I am tremendously bored of having inhibitions when it comes to expressing my own actual opinions about even the most trivial shit
The haze in the city obscures more than skylines, ideas and information dissolve through advanced distance

The locals' words and ideas sharpen by necessity to laser points that they may still communicate with any degree of clarity
Ghoakst
theres an intersection I drive through called Akasaki, which translates to Redcliffs. That's A suburb in my hometown I have no emotional connection to save for a Japanese doctor and his family who lived there a short duration in my childhood.

We visited the islands he lives at in the Sea of Japan and i was enchanted for the first time then by life in the temperate seas

---

Orion is visible on crisp cool nights and it always has been in all the skies I've lived under. I read in halting Japanese the story of Orion and Scorpio and saw them in the same sky once and only in the McKenzie basin. When I get home to New Zealand next year I'm going on a drive to gorgeous fuckwhere to see the sky again like that and I'm not sure if I'll suffer any companions on that road trip
reading manga (hourou musuko) up through the night
may my myriad petty angers be so substantial and material I may work them into something worth somebody's while, else may they embitter me no longer
One of the greatest points of personal pride in my life right now is garnering the respect? Admiration? Of a middle-schooler

She plays percussion in her school band and we spent fifteen minutes this afternoon looking up a name for some cut flowers on the countertop (probably a close relative of spider lilies/amaryllids)

She's more charming company than many other of the several-dozen people who I've interacted with this week; she takes polite and engaged interest in what I am talking about/fidgeting with and I hope I'm sufficiently reciprocating

I still don't want kids of my own though like holy shit no thanks lmao
I dearly wish to scream but right now it's in a reasonably good way

By my standards anyhow
i am just on the deadline here by my clock
i stayed up a bit later than I should have, reading things
I haven't actually been up for twelve hours at this point.

And I should be off to bed soon.

Things are not necessarily okay.
I also am awake but things are good and I'm having a good time.