We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
the seal is boring
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
technically it's a sea lion
and seel is probably a manatee
only spheal is a seal
(05-12-2016, 01:35 AM)Infrared Wrote: »the seal is boring

You take that back it's a friend and it deserves better. They're all friends. All of them.
The quality of pokemon games and the designs of new pokemon has been steadily lowering since after gen 3. The new game does not appear to break this trend.
Can't believe these wrong opinions in here.
I should really finish x sometime
all starters are good and the new starters are all good and the art they released of all of them is really good and pokemon will continue to be pokemon and hopefully sun/moon will surpass xy in terms of narrative or at least setting and making aloha feel nice and cool
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
old man a52 disapproves of your new fangled "suns" and "moons"
The sun legendary is that one fire lion (the male form) from the last gen with an arceus paintjob

The moon one is alright

I wish they did something different with the franchise already, at least a decent spin off

E: Looking back at it the seal is not trash, it's kinda charming, and i appreciate the simplicity of the design. At least it's better than the magical fox furry. Hopefully the evolutions don't ruin everything like Chespin's
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
You can tell how bad a Pokepinion is by how many times it uses words like sucks/ass/trash*

*the exception is trubbish because Trubbish Line Is Good And Perfect is factual, not an opinion
pokémon's okay but have you played gamefreak's flagship title pocket card jockey
[Image: mistake_zpspg0u8sey.png]

this fresh hell is the worst factory i ever made. i dunno whether how dumb and terrible it is is apparent when just looking at this picture but essentially i made a fatal error early on, didn't catch it until i'd maybe built half of this thing and refused to start fresh (even though wrangling the solution to this stupid problem probably took longer than it would have done to do so).

also i like pokemon i can't wait for my fire cat, calling it now, not even waiting to see the evolutions litten is 100% the winner.
I named my horse Potoooooooo. My SO has forbidden me from ever retiring him.

Also, on a different note, I beat Bravely Default! Ninja really did break most of the boss fights - I made Ringabel be a ninja, and gave him the Brave Suit. He had the abilities that give an extra BP on evading and raise attack on evading. First turn, he uses the move that lets him dodge one attack and the move that draws aggro to him. This made Alternis and Braev absolute pushovers. I don't think I took damage at all in those fights.

I also beat the Bravely Second demo and got most of the gift sets, then started Bravely Second. ...I wasn't expecting the game to start in the way that it did given how the demo was.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
(05-12-2016, 04:42 AM)Infrared Wrote: »The sun legendary is that one fire lion (the male form) from the last gen with an arceus paintjob

The moon one is alright

I wish they did something different with the franchise already, at least a decent spin off

I personally don't see much more similarity with pyroar than "it is a lion with a big mane", but I deffo don't care much for it. It's disappointing they'd dip back into an animal type they just did when there are so many cool animals out there, and on top of that the designs of legendaries are usually... not super great imo. There aren't many I feel aren't some combination of too busy and just generally underwhelming.

Moonbat looks pretty cool though, especially after the cluttered pile of bells and whistles that were b/w's version legendaries.

I'm hankering for some more good spinoffs too. I love Mystery Dungeon, but it'd be nice to see more genres available, as the main pokemon titles really have gotten to a point where they're just not much fun to play for me anymore. I've done it six times, what's the point, you know? I'm personally unlikely to buy Sun and Moon, but I'll play a shitton of Showdown once it absorbs them.
The 3d models of the new legendaries were very busy but the art looks... better, I think, if still not "great".
(05-12-2016, 09:44 PM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »I'm hankering for some more good spinoffs too.

Right there with you. I'm still disappointed that we never got the second Trading Card Game, as I loved the first one to death. I'd also love for Genius Sonority to take another stab at a console RPG - XD is one of my favorite Pokemon games overall. And hell, what about another Stadium - with the minigames, the Gym Leader Castle, the Academy, all that. Battle Revolution had some interesting cups, and I really liked the character design in that one, but it was lacking a lot of the extras that made Stadium fun.
i am either bad at horses, or solitaire, or maybe both but i think it's the horses part that i'm worse at

i mean i looked at the pompadour horse and i was like 'wow these stats are garbage and it has a shitty default mood' and guess what i went with the pompadour horse anyways and methinks The Disk Horse is taking an early retirement
I don't know how much I'd call Stadium a spinoff, I mean it's not exactly the same as the main games but at the same time it's exactly the same mechanics, just with all of the outside battle stuff removed.

It's not something I'd pick up for a fresh take on the series at any rate.

What we really need is a yarn-themed spinoff in the vein of Yoshi or Kirby, obviously.
I played Stadium almost exclusively for the minigames, to be perfectly honest.

I would absolutely play a yarn Pokemon platformer though.
I'm sad that no one has mentioned the Pokemon spin-off most in need of a sequel
(05-13-2016, 05:32 PM)Akumu Wrote: »I'm sad that no one has mentioned the Pokemon spin-off most in need of a sequel

Ah of course, Pokemon Puzzle League.
I was thinking Pokemon Teaches Typing.
(05-13-2016, 05:58 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »
(05-13-2016, 05:32 PM)Akumu Wrote: »I'm sad that no one has mentioned the Pokemon spin-off most in need of a sequel

Ah of course, Pokemon Puzzle League.

DID U NO

Pokemon Puzzle League was not released in Japan

I used to hooked up 2 n64's and two tv's and have a side-by-side competitive pokemon snap competition.

"SHUT UP OAK, I'm on a schedule here!"

Winner was first to mew.
if they announce pokemon snap 2 on the wii u then it would be the final hurrah of the wii u
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons