is homestuck the new homestuck?

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
im pre-emptively making this thread for use when homestuck eventually maybe updates in four months or whatever

i made the joke first which means im the best
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
RE: is homestuck the new homestuck?
I'm the new Homestuck
i cant believe jacquerel is the new homestuck and malky was the last meme of 2015
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons
But wait, if Homestuck is the new Homestuck, but Homestuck is also the old Homestuck (by definition), then we have the old Homestuck is the new Homestuck. Then, dividing by Homestuck, we get old is new, and since old is the opposite of new, then we have not new is new, or P^~P.

Then we explode it, and everything goes wrong.
Is Homestuck the new memes?
You must be registered to view this content.
homestuck is exactly like homestuck, its wild
(01-03-2016, 10:01 AM)Wheat Wrote: »i'm sincerely apologize that you were not first, but you can still be the best

when it comes to poking at ed for their defensiveness over the possibility of being memed on ever again in a similar way to how they fell for the Home Stuck Meme... rest assured i have already memed ed.

am i being made fun of? i'm way too oblivious, what is the homestuck meme

i thought you were laughing with me

is making fun of ed the new fresh meme of 2k16?
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
is homestuck ryan north
[Image: the%20new%20ulysses_zpsqjsuve18.png]

I think this guy knows what questions really need answering.

I don't think your opinion is very objective rn
i used to discuss linguistics in there lol
there was at least one time a grammar nerd went, oh i hate it when ppl do this, it's so wroooooong
& i was like hmmm that's an interesting question about usage taht you raise there!!! here is some Research on the issue
i was insufferable
(01-18-2016, 08:20 PM)Wheat Wrote: »Marelo: I was talking to the admins the other day, and said 'you know what would be a good idea on these webccomic forums? A subforum for serious debate!' And good news, they've put it into motion!
Me: Um.
Marelo: I think you're being too doom and gloom about this. You'll see, this place can handle it. I think we'll all be able to have cultured discussions, learn something about the world, and grow -

*soon, the new Serious Business forum is opened & at the top of the forum is the first new thread, with the word "feminazis" in the OP*

Marelo: no

I mean to be fair I think a lot of people actually did learn new things, at least occasionally, by spectating and participating there. I learned a lot about how to talk about sexism and racism and various other shit, personally. But yeah no it was also a cesspit for intolerable bullshit most of the time.

Though honestly, I'm not... even sure I was the one who originated it? Did I unleash the crime? Was I... the Bad? Perhaps I have simply burned it from my mind in my constant self-reinvention that keeps Time at bay.
I feel like it was a more collective effort than wheat's post makes it sound, but I think you were definitely its biggest proponent. Maybe? I don't know, I try not to remember too much of how insufferable I was back then, and SB had a lot of insufferable in it. I want to say part of it was Schazer and I looking to shunt some of the more problematic discussion out of MSPAFA and quarantine a few of the Gen Chat folks we didn't think were ever going to really adjust to the community, but I'm not sure.
Floating proposals to take interet stuff which is not banworthy but nontheless bothers me round the back of the shed to be shot is very Schazer Classic, you've got me there
can I get a case of Schazer Vanilla or is that not available in the States
Winky
(01-20-2016, 12:32 PM)Wheat Wrote: »though while you're here and we're going for "vintage marelo," you should make a philosophy thread

(this is a sincere suggestion! I wanted to make one because philosophy is important for the analytical dissection of why people take certain stances - example, why a dualist and a materialist might come to an impasse on a social issue - but I do not have the nearly as much chops as you do to provide a primer / askme thread!!!)

I think perhaps you overestimate my expertise! Mostly I took a few classes, pieced together some stuff that I like and helps me, and then burnt out on all the damn reading and writing and always having to have an opinion and settled for a minor instead of a major.

I'm positive that I would not be comfortable posing as an authority; for example, you're a lot more well-read than I am on Serious Philosophical Stuff, I think.

Discourse Begins
The Discourse Knight
The Discourse Knight Returns

Discourse v Superman: Dawn of Justice
(01-09-2016, 06:26 PM)Wheat Wrote: »I get the impression that you're ashamed of having once liked The Dread Memebringer Called Homestuck (and then getting burned by it changing to whatever it became) at least enough that you're scared of falling for another new popular thing, lest you be homestucked again. hence why you ask why whatever thing that's popular on tumble.com is the new homestuck , instead of just taking 5 minutes to check whatever it is out on youtube or something and making a judgment for yourself so that you can know how to deal with it.

It's silly in my opinion to restrict yourself from things you might otherwise like just because they're popular or unpopular with the wrong people. if you're worried about falling in with a bad crowd, remember that you're your own person, so you can like something on your own terms, without joining in whatever the rest of its partakers do.

Besides it's probably quicker to check it out a bit instead of writing paragraphs of whether or not you'll like it based on the whispers you've heard; the latter is really only something you'd do if you're scared that even taking a glance at it might risk instantly catching whatever memeplague it holds.

tl;dr: QL Is _ the New Homestuck? A: I dunno, what does that even mean? it probably depends on whatever your esoteric, personal definition of 'new homestuck' is so you're best deciding for yourself.

I mean, i'm not gonna say i'm not an insecure piece of poopoo, but i don't really care about being labeled around these parts of the internet, it'd be pretty ridiculous considering the type of people we have here (i'm looking at y'all, anime trashlords).

I originally made the first thread as a joke, of course SU isn't the new Homestuck, just the idea of asking about something stupidly popular on a public forum is so ridiculous. I didn't google it or whatever because i wanted a more concise answer from you guys, i wanted to spark some conversation (and i was succesful, "is x the new x" is the hottest meme around); i also asked because i am not willing to watch SU or play Undertail because i'm not interested, if i was i'd have just gone and watched/played myself. For the record, i went on and watched One Punch Man because it sparked my interest, and it is like the newest hottest shit around so

In other words, you're the new homestuck, Mike, and i just memed all over you.
[Image: CQmeZj7.png]
Are wizard threads the new homestuck?
Not until someone makes an RP thread in hawkspace called Ask the Witch of Space