Is That There Is, Of Course, Us
To Make Fifty Three

Or If We Can't Join
The Input Aggregator
Might Count In Our Stead

We Should Also Ask
What It Is That Nickle Means
To Our Group of Friends

After some discussion with your fellow INPUT GIVERS, you decide the best course of action would be some clarification on the 'nickel'.

INPUT AGGREGATOR: you got it boss

As you get back, you realize the chat has filled up heavily while you were THINKING. You make some posts anyhow.
[Image: TgmoMCI.png]
OrderlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: hup there ya go
INPUT AGGREGATOR: din have the computational power to give ya some haiku posts
INPUT AGGREGATOR: yall inputs are better at it than me ;)
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
RE: CHIRAL
I Am Who I Am
Trite, But That's All I Really Know
Sorry About That

Not Being Cagey
I'm Pretty New; First Words
Were "Sup my main dudes"
(11-04-2017, 08:18 PM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »I Am Who I Am
Trite, But That's All I Really Know
Sorry About That

Not Being Cagey
I'm Pretty New; First Words
Were "Sup my main dudes"

An Inhabitant starts to calm down and type coherently.
[Image: Ygug7gQ.png]
OrderlogShow
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
>Alright. I'll be honest on this.

>Had a talk with the fellow responsible for my being here.

>The situation is uh. It's not pretty.

>To put it bluntly, the R4 and B4 players up a layer decided to go have the red and blue team go kill eachother. So now you know why.

>Now on paper it's possible to just go over to a red machine and fix ol Tars Mossburg easy as can be.

>In practice that would require someone with limbs. Which I don't have.

>Cause apparently I'm plugged into a machine.

>And the one person available to get me from here to there has a Problem.

>That Problem being I can't interact with them.

>I mean I could, and I have, but it's a very bad idea unless its absolutely necessary.

>Something to do with time movin differently when we aren't talkin, and thats kinda keepin em alive right now.

>Now, there is one good bit of news in this whole mess.

>The Nickel. From what you folks said compared to the notes the G4 player one layer up left behind, its going to be a big part of fixing this mess.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
(11-04-2017, 11:32 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »>Alright. I'll be honest on this.

>Had a talk with the fellow responsible for my being here.

>The situation is uh. It's not pretty.

>To put it bluntly, the R4 and B4 players up a layer decided to go have the red and blue team go kill eachother. So now you know why.

>Now on paper it's possible to just go over to a red machine and fix ol Tars Mossburg easy as can be.

>In practice that would require someone with limbs. Which I don't have.

>Cause apparently I'm plugged into a machine.

>And the one person available to get me from here to there has a Problem.

>That Problem being I can't interact with them.

>I mean I could, and I have, but it's a very bad idea unless its absolutely necessary.

>Something to do with time movin differently when we aren't talkin, and thats kinda keepin em alive right now.

>Now, there is one good bit of news in this whole mess.

>The Nickel. From what you folks said compared to the notes the G4 player one layer up left behind, its going to be a big part of fixing this mess.

You make some real headway into building rapport with the 8 folks currently in the chat.
[Image: bIe8NJc.png]
OrderlogShow

You sense, as inhabitants of an INPUT AGGREGATOR, that the next UPDATE might be the last before you are given TWO MODES OF CONTROL through this FORUM INPUT. The narrator assures you not to worry.
Also, we need a special hidden password and apparently I'm the only cool cat who knows where its at.
SpoilerShow
RE: CHIRAL: SIDE Y
(11-05-2017, 12:39 AM)BananaPanda Wrote: »Also, we need a special hidden password and apparently I'm the only cool cat who knows where its at.

An Inhabitant watches the last few messages scroll across her screen before she puts her terminal in SLEEP MODE.
[Image: jf47wTd.png]
OrderlogShow

[Image: HrGUHK7.gif]

[Image: Z2hgMfk.png]

Your username is cripesalmighty.

You are a CARAPACIAN, and previous resident of DERSE. You were part of a GAME which FAILED, and you were created by a huge array of time shenanigans that ultimately imply each other in a TEMPORAL CIRCLEJERK. You believe that your knowledge of these things gives you a distinct advantage over the thousands of CARAPACIANS unaware of such things, whom are all now dead, as well as the near-infinite expanse of all CARAPACIANS in all UNIVERSE-CREATING GAMES, which statistically know an amount of things approximately equal to ‘jack shit’.

You hate knowing jack shit. Knowing jack shit is at the bottom of your priority list. Dancing around the words “CARAPACIAN” and “DERSE” to avoid feeling derivative is so rock-bottom on your priority list that it has gone through the goddamned floor.

Now, according to what you have been informed of over the last 9 months, you reside as a YELLOW-TEAM INHABITANT within a COMPOUND the size of a NICKEL, hurtling through the Void at near-light speed in an attempt to eventually reach a civilization more habitable than your now-destroyed home. However, this COMPOUND is made of ones and zeroes-- it is nothing but computer code! So, in addition to being a CARAPACIAN, previous resident of DERSE, you are also not real.

That’s fine! You have found much solace in STEPPING AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER AND STAYING STILL. Your friends often find other methods of distraction, such as MUSIC or GAMES or WRITING, but you have always found an especial comfort in the low hum of an empty room. And, with Crast Pactian gone to NEEDSPENSE some food, you have nobody at your door, nobody to type to, nobody to be confused with.

Your interests include THINGS THAT FEEL IRRELEVANT AT THIS MOMENT, but that you still enjoy indulging in from time to time. Those INTERESTS have items contained in your VAULT, so you will likely be reminded of them as you pull items from within that sullen infinite holding dimension.

You also have accidentally picked up a habit from your friend YUPPERS to STRATEGICALLY CAPITALIZE certain words. Goddamnit that is a really bad HABIT. It makes you look OCCASIONALLY SHOUTY.

While you are not ONLINE, you also possess a name. Not a silly username that you picked in a few seconds as soon as you WOKE UP here, but a real name, one they put on all the documents and that you wrote all official-like! As is courtesy, it is also what your 51 friends called you when speaking out loud.

What was it, again?

AUTHOR'S NOTEShow
Insert name here(cripesalmighty)
>Remember name
>Gene Mâché
(11-05-2017, 03:10 AM)Vic Wrote: »Insert name here(cripesalmighty)
>Remember name
>Gene Mâché

That's right.
[Image: j9QXkDt.png]

Geneviève Mâché, almost universally shortened to Gene Mâché, is your born name. The decidedly fantastical and pleasant pronunciation was a wonder to your friends, as well as the heroes, once they first arrived. They took a particular liking to your kind that, apparently, no other group of heroes ever had.

But that was ages ago! Now you are fully in control of your LIFE. The question is what exactly you're going to do first, on this day in which so many things are changing, and so rapidly.
Gene
>Scream as loud as possible to vocalize your internal struggles
Zack
>First, person I was talking to was the Nicopter from one layer up. Apparently them being so injured has something to do with getting the needspenser to generate me.

>To the second, I'm pretty sure it was Nicopter buuut it could have been cripesalmighty since they seemed to have some idea about what Nicopter was up to.

>As to why time is moving differently, I got no idea. Would have been nice if they included that in their notes, but as is I can only guess its something do with the machines processing info faster.

>Lastly, I uh. Dunno how to post the whole note file. I could just type each line one after the other though.
(11-05-2017, 03:59 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Zack
>First, person I was talking to was the Nicopter from one layer up. Apparently them being so injured has something to do with getting the needspenser to generate me.

>To the second, I'm pretty sure it was Nicopter buuut it could have been cripesalmighty since they seemed to have some idea about what Nicopter was up to.

>As to why time is moving differently, I got no idea. Would have been nice if they included that in their notes, but as is I can only guess its something do with the machines processing info faster.

>Lastly, I uh. Dunno how to post the whole note file. I could just type each line one after the other though.

You get to work answering tiptopGipgop's several questions. Nice!!
[Image: asqCEOm.png]
OrderlogShow

(11-05-2017, 03:38 AM)Vic Wrote: »Gene
>Scream as loud as possible to vocalize your internal struggles

Oh my god it all comes to you at once.
[Image: KpZqtHj.gif]

YOU ARE A LINE OF COMPUTER CODE WITH IMPLANTED MEMORIES AND AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA--

You hear knocking at your door. It's a familiar voice, who speaks somewhat timidly, but stops your line of thought for a second.
...and, in a moment, you remember something particular about CARAPACIANS. To an outside viewer, their spoken conversations cannot be transcripted! However, in addition to your current circumstances and entire existence being complete bullhock, you also think that this dumb rule is stupid bullhock, and proceed to get your conversation transcribed anyway.

The voice calls in quietly, "Gene?" It's the THIN, WIRY CARAPACIAN by the username of "1234567890", who lives down the hall. "Gene, are-- you-- um. Are you okay in there? Is it good screams?"

You respond with more shouting. "No, it is not good screams! These are terrible screams because EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE!"

But he continues pestering you. "Do you wanna, um-- we can talk about it, uh... we can even talk through the door, if you wanna--"

"NOT PARTICULARLY!" you retort. "I genuinely appreciate your effort but I am in a rut right now and you know that a watched boiler can't bloom into a vinegar that bees enjoy, uh... uhm... er..."

You're searching for a name for this guy.

[Image: mcCIWBl.png]
You're not going to have INPUTS for him yet, but you figure while you're in the neighborhood, you might as well figure out a better title than "1234567890".
Insert Name(1234567890)
>Remember Name
>Oats Carnation Ph.D.
Name: Nick Knack
(11-05-2017, 04:45 AM)Vic Wrote: »Insert Name(1234567890)
>Remember Name
>Oats Carnation Ph.D.

(11-05-2017, 04:51 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Name: Nick Knack

You recall his name at last, after a few words float by your head, which is admittedly in the clouds right now.

That's Oats Carnation, Ph.D., master of all the knick-knacks.
[Image: dAX18m2.png]

Wow you actually got it. He gives you the customary THUMBS UP even though he can't see you through the door. It's just what you do.

Of course, on Derse there are no COLLEGES, so his PhD was sourced from another friend. Still, Oats certainly earned it. He was so goddamn good with those knick-knacks that the government gave him an incredibly menial job tracking down things that accountants and other various work-types had lost.

Amidst his extremely grueling hours crawling under desks and maneuvering Dersite rooftops to search for erasers and pencils, it's said that he managed to build contraption after contraption out of those little knick-knacks.

You already know all that, so you aren't sure why you went through it all in your head again, but you wanted to be sure you were in the clear before saying his name out loud. Getting names wrong is a bad move.
[Image: qveaE92.png]

"...Oats!!"

"Yes," he starts, "I know the one about the bees and vinegar and blooming and boilers, um. I guess it just sounds really bad, and I-I know this is a big bomb shell that we got dropped on us, but--"

You don't really wanna hear it. You kick the block you're sitting on, again, and state as firmly as you can muster, "Oats, please just give me some time to myself."

Oats lets out a weak sigh, says, "Okay," and slinks off audibly.

Back to peace and quiet and maybe screaming.
Gene
>Feel an intense need for something soft and huggable
>Input Aggregator
Pressing Some Buttons?
Using My Very Real Hands?
I Sure Do Have Those.

To Clarify Things
While I'm Being Facetious
I'm Still Trying It

>GoTo The Menu
>Then [Input Aggregator]
>Let's Get This Started

Please Hold Chiral For Me
And The Double Light Vowel Key
Hold Down For Five Seconds
Then Name It, I Reckon
Then In Orders Send "Nic's File B"

And Then Do The Same
With Nic_The_Worst C L G
Name; "Nic's File A"
(11-05-2017, 06:43 AM)Vic Wrote: »Gene
>Feel an intense need for something soft and huggable

You open up your CABINET.
[Image: 3jISye5.png]

Within is your PERSONAL PLAYING CARD, your EARPIECE for chatting on the go, and your VAULT, which is a pocket dimension which requires on password inputs. Just about all your possessions are in here, and if you want something, you just input the appropriate password, which really could be anything.
[Image: vqe5E3U.png]

You input 'LOVEBUG'.
[Image: gFkvEqn.png]

[Image: Cs63Lbk.png]

...Sometimes you just don't wanna talk about it.

(11-05-2017, 06:43 AM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »>Input Aggregator
Pressing Some Buttons?
Using My Very Real Hands?
I Sure Do Have Those.

To Clarify Things
While I'm Being Facetious
I'm Still Trying It

>GoTo The Menu
>Then [Input Aggregator]
>Let's Get This Started

Please Hold Chiral For Me
And The Double Light Vowel Key
Hold Down For Five Seconds
Then Name It, I Reckon
Then In Orders Send "Nic's File B"

And Then Do The Same
With Nic_The_Worst C L G
Name; "Nic's File A"

You head to the DOCUMENT file, and try the thing. Oh boy do you try it.

It is difficult because you do not have hands.

INPUT AGGREGATOR: here bud lemme just wire ur inputs in edge-wise
[Image: E5JxUPi.png]

[Image: Suwd7H3.png]

INPUT AGGREGATOR: boom

You send the files the way of the CHATLOG, or the ORDERLOG, or whichever whatever the hell it is at this point.
[Image: VgmrYhP.png]
OrderlogShow

After that kinda huge update, you regain INPUT.
Zack
>Huh. Hadn't though of that before.
>Until now I was thinking somehow the Nickel would lead to getting the full batch of 52 players and work from there.
>Buuut getting a group from below would make that a lot simpler. Kinda. Still need that Nic...
>Oh. Oooooh.
>I'll uh. Have to get back to you folks about that in a minute.
>Oh, and to answer the whole "inputs from another dimension" bit, explaining that mess would take a while.
>Short practical version is it has to do with why I talk with different quirks.
>Long version if you want to hear it involves a big dimensional mess.
(11-05-2017, 08:59 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Zack
>Huh. Hadn't though of that before.
>Until now I was thinking somehow the Nickel would lead to getting the full batch of 52 players and work from there.
>Buuut getting a group from below would make that a lot simpler. Kinda. Still need that Nic...
>Oh. Oooooh.
>I'll uh. Have to get back to you folks about that in a minute.
>Oh, and to answer the whole "inputs from another dimension" bit, explaining that mess would take a while.
>Short practical version is it has to do with why I talk with different quirks.
>Long version if you want to hear it involves a big dimensional mess.

(11-05-2017, 02:43 PM)Angustine Wrote: »Zack
>Ancend to the level of a god
>Hunk if you do not stop drinking i will sew your lips shut with barbed wire and code torture into your very being
>It is for your own good
>My mission is to not save any of you but two individuals who ritualistically killed themselves
>Talking in different dimensions means that individuals from another dimension are currently puppeteering a glowing monstrosity that is myself and acting through it

The INPUT AGGREGATOR whirrs as it begins plugging in loads of dialogue.
[Image: Rat93xf.png]
OrderlogShow

Geneviève spends this time hugging her LOVEBUG.
Zack
> How many Zacks? The world may never know. *Crunches a Tootsie Pop*

Gene
> Return LOVEBUG to vault
> Retrieve EARPIECE
> Leave room
Oh Criminy Crux
The Plurality Of Zack
Gives Rise To An Ass

I Have No Intent
To Hurt ANYONE AT ALL
I Am Here To Help

And Please Rest Assured
I Could Not Sew If I Tried
I Still Don't Have Hands
(11-05-2017, 09:02 PM)Lordlyhour Wrote: »Oh Criminy Crux
The Plurality Of Zack
Gives Rise To An Ass

I Have No Intent
To Hurt ANYONE AT ALL
I Am Here To Help

And Please Rest Assured
I Could Not Sew If I Tried
I Still Don't Have Hands

(11-05-2017, 08:42 PM)Vic Wrote: »Zack
> How many Zacks? The world may never know. *Crunches a Tootsie Pop*

Two INPUTS enter the AGGREGATOR, one after the other. The chaos of the collective is beginning to come to light.

INPUT AGGREGATOR: now were cooking with a stove ;)
[Image: yoZVAUn.png]
OrderlogShow

(11-05-2017, 08:42 PM)Vic Wrote: »Gene
> Return LOVEBUG to vault
> Retrieve EARPIECE
> Leave room

You get to work shoving its cute little face into the VAULT again. Bye-bye, Lovebug.
[Image: uPRhxGo.png]

It also feels a good idea to YOINK the earpiece, so that you can tune into everything that's going on.
[Image: FR5IzlV.png]

Finally, you shut your CUPBOARD.
[Image: MXI4xFV.png]

As you're busy shutting your DRESSER, however, the EARPIECE starts CONVEYING lots of words to you. Its actual method of function is quite nebulous, but you can hear the text as if it's written, and speak as if typing.

You hear some bullshit about MULTIPLE ZACKS or something. Maybe something to elaborate on in the future, but you've got places to be!!
[Image: PyxoDHr.png]

As you step out into the hall, you notice a familiar figure further down, by the NEED DISPENSER.
[Image: tAB8JvC.png]

It's the CARAPACIAN by the username of Crast Pactian, nabbing some snacks and drinks from the needspenser. It seems he was going to combine it with the BLANKETS into a CRIPESALMIGHTY PSYCHE REPAIR CARE PACKAGE, but now you're out here, so that feels kinda pointless.

Of course, his real name isn't Crast, so it is, of course, it's... it is... it was...? ???
Zack
> ‘crunches a tootsie pop’ is not a violent euphemism, it was meant literally
> dance to the beat of your own drum
> you guys should try to win a game

INPUT
> GAME
> ORDERS
> Delete all prior orders (???)

I want to suggest another name but i don't want to be too big for my britchesShow