Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
SpoilerShow

This was what happened in Chemistry today. It really made me smile a lot and everybody had a good time with it.
That teacher is A+++
(12-06-2016, 05:26 AM)btp Wrote: »That teacher is A+++

She likes anime: A++++

More School Stuff:
SpoilerShow
I had ice cream today.
(12-14-2016, 12:00 PM)Bobert Wrote: »I had ice cream today.

it's -10 outside what the fork
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
https://youtu.be/GfZZS-fsRXQ

I got the best Christmas gift ever.
Y'know, i always complain about the holidays because they're very stressful and i don't really like my family at all, every year i have a really shitty time and i just want it all to be done with... But i really can't complain this time, everyone has been so nice to me. My Mom was visiting my sister on the other side of the country so i was living on my own, and a couple of people invited me to their houses to spend Christmas with them since i'd be alone, my gf was very supportive because she knows i hate the holidays and made me a duper super special gift because she's very enthusiastic about them. I mean i still cried a lot the day before Christmas but in the end people gave me presents and cheered me up. I'm basically living one of those typical Christmas movie plots where the grumpy character's heart grows three times its size and turns green, ripping their clothes except their pants and go on a rampage through the city before finally mellowing out because of the magical spirit of Christmas.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
So I've been seeing a new doctor recently and tbh its unreal how seriously he takes his patients, I feel like I'm actually receiving medical care for the first time in my life?

He prescribed an antidepressant to me last month that doubles as an anti anxiety med and now that its finally kicking in I'm....not over thinking everything? And my positive thoughts and self care are winning out over my negative self talk??? I'm so happy to have a happier baseline mood and a budding sense of social bravery and I'm still having trouble believing it. c:
Made some really good chicken curry using jar sauce from the grocery store c:
You must be registered to view this content.
Holy shit we won Mystery Hunt
Found out today that a very good friend came out to her family. Also found out they took her to get new clothing and to search for a trans friendly workplace afterwards.

Today was a good day.
I was vaguely suspicious of Mitch giving me the runaround/trying to stall the clock on her promise to let me attend the English presentation contest this coming Tuesday I've been coaching some students for

But nah she's just not on top of shit and (unlike me) bad at being apologetic about it

I've been given the necessary documents and get to go cheer these kids on in a week
Conference went ok, got my shit together finally and ordered two binders as well
If I completely rewrite my secret santa present I can get it to run several polynomial degrees faster
i feel that
I'm building a computer, which means I will hopefully be able to use art programs again without melting my poor, dying laptop (and play games woo)

Funny story, I've managed to get just about everything hooked up properly... except that I cant get the goddamned DVD drive cover off. It slides down, but not far enough to fit the drive in there so it's just this little window into the soul of my computer, staring out at me, taunting me.

Good/bad news? Eh, I'll figure it out.
make a spider out of pipe cleaners and stick it in the slot
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
That would only tempt my cat near it further...

Oh more good news! My new apartment allows pets, so I've got my kit-cat back. He keeps locking himself in the cupboards and thinks my bed belongs to him. Good to have him back

Update:

I got the mc-fucking dvd driver door open!

Update Update:

It works! It works, you guys, I did it! I built a pc huzzah!
I kicked butt on my calculus exam! 1 down, 3 to go
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I saw a crested kingfisher while driving today and I feel legitimately blessed
my xbox controller and headphone extender finally come tomorrow, and i'll finally be alone for the weekend too :D
SpoilerShow
I got a contract extension to continue working on this movie on revisions when posing is done, so more job for longer yay
Exams Over
Sig:
SpoilerShow
It snowed six inches!!!!!!!!