dark subforum ideas thread: xxx edition

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
dark subforum ideas thread: xxx edition
RE: dark subforum ideas thread: xxx edition
See: the Great Thread Purge Of 2015(?) which if that expectation held true would've been well within that original poster's rights, but was in fact generally viewed as a Pretty Jerk Move.
No for proposition: go whole hog

I think if we want an "anonymous" subforum, we should just make another one...

SpoilerShow
Sig:
SpoilerShow
man this subforum is NEVER going to have a gimmick EVER AGAIN
(04-23-2017, 06:07 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »man this subforum is NEVER going to have a gimmick EVER AGAIN

maybe this one was bad, i did come up with it in like 3 seconds, and being trollslum was bad too, i just wish that we could have some ridiculous shit in here. like otherwise there's no reason for the season, why make another subforum just for the gimmick when this is already a redundant subforum when it doesn't have a gimmick

edit: we only have two rules that might theoretically constrain what we can and can not post (23 and 29.) we have 8 rules exempting us from having to follow the rules, including two which are redundant (10 and 25.) why are we so scared of using the entire reason this subforum exists? regular hawkspace exists if you want not to be concerned with stupid idiot rules. i'm changing my vote to a yes on that old troll typing quirk proposition
also proposition: [Image: E6PKgwd.png]

posts that break rules will be deleted or blanked out
yes on prop [Image: 180px-deleted.PNG] on the condition that you responsibility rehost hthat image on a sustainable site

prop corporal punishment: for every proposition a user submits that currently has more NAYS than YEAS, they are dispensed one SHAME COUNTER in the OFFICIAL SHAME BOX in the fp of the rules thread. they can remove their SHAME COUNTERS by a: getting that prop above a negative score or b: making a new prop that passes, counting for -1 SHAME COUNTERS. (if a shameful prop goes from less than zero to more than three, they essentially lose two: the counter for that prop being below zero, and another one that's negated for having a prop pass)
hrwiki has been around for longer than any image hosting site i can think of but anything for a vote. sucker...

no on corporal punishment it exists only to discourage making more propositions
prop capital punishment anyone who proposes must be hung, burned at the stake and decapitated, and then boiled into a nice stew.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
yes on capital punishment
prop corporeal punishment: anyone who posts in this forum is a ghost

yes on capital punishment
alright that's three. now nobody can marry anyone else on hawkspace after dark under penalty of death
oooookay time for some housekeeping!

first off no on capital punishment even if it's a joke, I'm not crazy about enshrined threats of bodily harm.

Proposition Indescribable, Flair Like You Don't Care, and Reyweld's Trash Reign Ascension are now formally inducted into the rules thread.

gif is now removed from the rules thread. We are now a YOUSE GOTTA free subforum.

Also...THE LINEUP is updated (for the first time since August! Dag.)

As before if I felt like a possible vote was reasonably unclear, I didn't count it. There were a few rule-changing votes I didn't count namely: chwoka's vote for "That troll quirk rule", Sleeping Orange's vote for "prop 24", and gatr's "I'm in, of course" for go whole hog.
prop more claritier again: put the rule votes and rule descriptions in the same goddamn sheet
prop stop voting no on all the good propositions btp seriously look how many you've stalled: stop it
yes on UHH 22 I GUESS?
also we need one more vote for prop 12 so please vote yea on that
and i think it was pretty clear chwoka was voting yes on h1v5b5n7
prop unkillable: once passed, everyone automatically votes yes on this prop
(04-23-2017, 06:07 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »man this subforum is NEVER going to have a gimmick EVER AGAIN

I don't think that's the case at all. It's not hard to make a 3 user voting block, and we still have the TICKETS thread to force proposals through. What do you have in mind? I'm pretty game.

Actually, this is kind of the reason I suggested we get rid of the names under threads. If we make it clear that threads here are subject to arbitrary adjustment regardless of the OP's intent that might open the door for people to support more unique rules or requirements.

Along those lines, Wheat and Mirdini had some strong comments that I didn't get a chance to reply to yet...
(04-23-2017, 05:36 AM)Wheat Wrote: »What if someone abuses the power to make an anonymous thread which is bad (like making a thread that insults others/reveals information on others that shouldn't be revealed bad, not 'shitpost' type bad which is actually good)? Having all threads tied to a name means that if someone makes a bad thread, they can't just hide under anonymity; while if it's anonymous without real control over who has access and the alt isn't limited in scope, it'd be harder to prevent that person from doing it again.

I don't like the idea of alt accounts in general, and I don't think we should have an anonymous sub-forum. The situation where someone uses anonymity to abuse another user is a possibility already, seeing how anyone can still make an alt account and "be a jerk" in any part of the forum.

Mirdini Wrote:Forums are collaborative spaces, and while obviously there will always be some threads that 'belong' to a specific poster because they're the ones running the adventure/game/Q&A sesh, I think general discussion/tomfoolery threads are severed from that expectation pretty quickly.

Yeah, you may be right. The idea of "thread ownership" might be a concept I've just been particularly sensitive to lately. And it can be difficult to manage people's expectations regarding threads.

What if we... oh hey a52 has been posting...
(04-25-2017, 02:24 AM)a52 Wrote: »prop more claritier again: put the rule votes and rule descriptions in the same goddamn sheet
prop stop voting no on all the good propositions btp seriously look how many you've stalled: stop it

1)The Lineup is a sheet set up as a courtesy so anyone, including yourself, can reference existing vote totals. At the moment, it is a private endeavor, not mentioned in the ruleset.
2)Rule descriptions and Votes are items of unpredictable length and as such having them on the same sheet messes up the formatting and would make it more difficult to read.

If having to tab over to the between the votes and proposal sheets is a personal inconvenience, you are welcome to make one of your own with your preferred formatting style.

3) Make some good propositions and I'll vote for 'em.
4) like unkillable that one's pretty good. yes on unkillable
I SECOND GARF MONTH. IM ALL FOR THIS
SpoilerShow
It would be a crime if I did not third garf month
SpoilerShow
yes on prop unkillable
yes on garf month
yes on garf month subheading

For consideration: