Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
You must be registered to view this content.
I have a job now, like, a human or something crazy. Also I'm going a bit overboard on the forum adventure I have planned. So far I've sketched an entire house and most of the first area, as well as some overworld sprites. Yay! Still a ton to do though but this is good news cause I like how shit's turning out so far
although busy, this was a really great week. my first trade eval comes in and the boss says "i make it my policy not to give out overall 4s on the first eval so... you have a 3.92," then we finally fucking figure out why the floor lights in the movie theater aren't working (and it's the most counterintuitive thing) and i get to be the hero who finally slays that gnarly beast in the crawl space today, which means the movie theater is one step closer to opening (and i'm also the movie tech so i get to show cool movies when it is), and i'm getting sent on work-based learning (which is an internship by another name) as electrical maintenance at the coast guard air guard as of next monday, which is incredible because usually that's the thing you do right before you graduate and here i am doing it a little under 3 months in. also i have a pretty great chance at landing a job doing theatrical electrical work after i've graduated so long as i don't fuck up the interview or something, which might not pay the best but sounds like one step closer to a creatively-fulfilling career. i'm tired and sweaty though
I'm happy!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
You must be registered to view this content.
I just finished and printed my 10 page Data Management Analysis Essay.

Thank God.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
The next day, your teacher starts bellydancing on top of his desk, screaming "SCIENCE IS A HOAX" and sets all of the class's papers aflame.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
If she did that, I would cry real, genuine tears.

And then spend some of my print credit saved up for Gatr's fanfiction (as opposed to printing it at home again)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm actually in a decent place with my demo reel so I'm feeling kinda good about that
The end of the school year is often one filled with bored students and teachers ready to fly out the door.

NOT FOR THIS GUY THOUGH!

Since Biology is the only science that Texas students need to pass a standardized test in order to graduate, there is a lot of stress and structured placed on what you do and do not have time to teach during most of the year.

Our Biology test is over, though, so we have entered the part of the year where bio teachers can effectively "do whatever".

So it is LAB CENTRAL up in here! I have 2 weeks where I get to show my students the cool or weird things about biology that really enjoyed during my study of it. Its a butt-ton of extra work but essentially they get a new lab every day about something they've never really gotten to think about.

We started the week with bacteria cultures (SO MUCH BACTERIA ON YOUR PHONES), Wednesday we had a CLONING lab (plant's are very easy to clone! and the kids get to take their clone home once it grows roots!). Yesterday we saw some HYDRA, talked about how they are IMMORTAL and how they have cellular organelles (parts of the cell with jobs like, hold DNA, make energy, move proteins), but in particular they have some MASSIVE ones whose entire job is to FIRE POISON TIPPED HARPOONS into prey!

(One hydra wanted to be a joker though and pulled its tentacles back so when I projected the microscope my students all got to see a giant DONG-shaped SILHOUETTE - SO FUNNY HYDRA, how do you like that acetic acid I poured on you to see your nematocysts fire off? Oh you didn't, because you're dead now? Well we all make sacrifices for EDUCATION!)

Today is EARTHWORM day. I have been wormed pooped on a hundred times and it is a blast! (not the poop, that just kind of drips out, it's mostly dirt anyway) It is the best feeling seeing 20+ kids all taking and squirming and straight-up-hands-on-LEARNING about how these little guys respond to light, touch, smell etc.

I have a bucket of crayfish I've been saving for next week and BY GOLLY I do not care how bad it reeks we are DISSECTING SOME SQUID.

This is the best time of year. Happymelon
btp can you have your students dissect starfish next year? In my last year of bio, (small class), the teacher essentially got an assorted bunch of animals, from starfish to frogs to mice to squid, and we each got one to dissect and report our findings. About where they give birth, etc etc. I got the starfish. Happymelon
starfish sound awesome!

I like the idea of a "choose your creature" part! The downside to some of these is that students who are squeamish can get a little anxiety and that can build into embarrassment. I'll let those students step out of the class if they need to, but giving them some less-slimy options could help a lot!
yay i graduated college

now i can focus on projects like that pokesex fanfiction
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I got a haircut, I got a haircut!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(05-18-2016, 11:14 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »I got a haircut, I got a haircut!

pics or it didnt happen!
Okay, I'll post pics tomorrow after school or Friday (which I have off).

I don't have time for a good shooting tonight, but I will post it as well as a bonus surprise! (hint, more pictures)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
woop boop boop I just got commissioned to make a bunch of stamps Lobster With A Gun
Welp, I made a personal deadline so I may as well make this official. I'm starting my forum adventure soon! How soon? Er well, hopefully Monday, May 30th.

Mind you I have a portfolio to finish as well but I really wanna start this thing so, heh, yeah. I know this isn't very exciting news for all of you since none of ya know anything about this yet save for Colby but uh, yeah. Hopefully I'll be startin' this thing in a few days.

Have a shitty Tiny Preview

[Image: tumblr_o7x5unxABl1tbnguso1_400.jpg]
nice!
I've had hand and arm pain in my dominant arm for more than a year now because I overworked myself doing paid animation work, but now after physiotherapy it's actually gotten better to the point where I don't feel (as) depressed about it any more

I can actually draw continuously for an hour without my arm getting angry at me!
H-heh... did I say Monday May 30th? 'Cause I meant Tuesday, May 31st. Completely. Heh heh... I forgot I had a late class today, but I'm posting it tonight.

Good news is, I finished the art. However now I'm getting nervous. But yay it's done woo

I think I'll just....post it real quietly while nobody's online......
Quarter's done!
So..... I just got hired as an animator at DHX... so that's uh, pretty cool, heh
o my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooogggggggggggggggggggggggggg

solekii i approve highly
Yeah I was kinda grinning all day when i got the call, i start on the fourth of july so i'm pretty freaking excited

man I can't believe I actually got it