who needs First Life when you've got

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aesthetic who needs First Life when you've got
RE: who needs First Life when you've got
okay i need to put something good here now that we have achieved page two, so, here's some interior decorating i was doing the other day

[Image: Dg_sB2RUEAIn8pc.jpg:large]
[Image: Dg_zIxaUwAAL2gg.jpg:large]

don't sleep on this one either

SpoilerShow
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Okay, so, about a week ago, a few special home rental spots in a certain sim I've ended up really liking opened up - but before I get to that, I bought a functioning vape stick today.

[Image: DjAggYjU4AA2Swg.jpg:large]

Alright, so, the sim I chill in. The sim in question is called Retroville, and it's essentially a recreation of an Animal Crossing town, complete with a row of shops north of the train tracks, and a WIP system in place for earning Bells by selling bugs and fruit - and recently, the people running the sim have doubled its size, adding a secondary area based on Pocket Camp (literally named "Camp Pocket").

There isn't very much in Camp Pocket right now. It's mainly just trees, and plotted out spaces where buildings are going to go... but the one thing this area Does have, is RVs.

[Image: 83b94e5e96.png]

The RVs are driveable, surprisingly a lot less awkward to control than most vehicles I've encountered in SL, and renting them is fairly cheap. I snagged the last RV, and I don't regret it one bit, because the Real Thing you're getting when you rent one of these RVs is the living space inside the RV

i am sorry
these images
are so big

so that's my house! Hopefully in the near future, one of my good friends (the reason I got into SL in the first place) will be in a more stable living situation, cause once he is, we're gonna get an actual piece of land to turn into a nice shop + hangout spot, because SL totally doesn't have enough of those yet
(07-26-2018, 07:27 AM)Wheat Wrote: »what kind of hemi you get on that bad boy. 6-iron? 8-iron? flop wedge?

wheat this is a family forum
Wait, so can you like make your own avatar, with 3-d modelling n stuff?
If so how do I get it?

[Image: PBxWmBw.png]
[Image: Fu2tbmz.png] owo whats this???
Oh, yeah. You can upload your own mesh and textures to SL, for a small price in the game's currency... 10 L for any image, and a variable price (11+ L) for mesh, depending on how complex the mesh is. I work pretty low poly, so I rarely pay more than 20 L to upload anything, but that's absolutely not the norm on SL; there's a bit of a weird and very common mindset that stuff being higher poly makes it automatically better, without considering how it affects computer performance.

ANYWAY

before I get too caught up, for reference: 10 L is about .04 USD.
I actually bought my avatars, but like... almost everything you'll see in SL is user-made? so someone else, who isn't an official dev on the SL team, made the avatars I'm wearing. Eventually I want to make avatars to sell too, but I have a very incomplete knowledge of how rigging skeletons to mesh works, so at the moment, I just make... furniture, and textures for avatars that already exist.

Also, SL is free to play. You don't have to buy the currency to go around exploring places other people made, except some places have entrance/group fees I guess.
(07-26-2018, 03:56 PM)Kitet Wrote: »Oh, yeah. You can upload your own mesh and textures to SL, for a small price in the game's currency... 10 L for any image, and a variable price (11+ L) for mesh, depending on how complex the mesh is. I work pretty low poly, so I rarely pay more than 20 L to upload anything, but that's absolutely not the norm on SL; there's a bit of a weird and very common mindset that stuff being higher poly makes it automatically better, without considering how it affects computer performance.

ANYWAY

before I get too caught up, for reference: 10 L is about .04 USD.
I actually bought my avatars, but like... almost everything you'll see in SL is user-made? so someone else, who isn't an official dev on the SL team, made the avatars I'm wearing. Eventually I want to make avatars to sell too, but I have a very incomplete knowledge of how rigging skeletons to mesh works, so at the moment, I just make... furniture, and textures for avatars that already exist.

Also, SL is free to play. You don't have to buy the currency to go around exploring places other people made, except some places have entrance/group fees I guess.

Oh, neat, thanks dude!

i still need to log on and see the vape stick in action
yes you do

also moxie what are you doing here
unga bunga jimmy chunga

[Image: 7005266b84.png]
why does doink have a kNIFE

i'd be more concerned if it didn't have a knife
[Image: c5af77f521.png]
TON!

BERRY!

TONBERRY!!
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(07-04-2018, 10:45 PM)Kitet Wrote: »the beauty of Second Life is exploring places and seeing how other people decorate a virtual space. in a way, every weird decoration kinda tells a story. someone thought "glue" was a good word to put on the wall above their desk.

In many games (like a player’s house), this sort of thing is a bit of a side activity and you tend to see most places either be a frustrated beginning of an attempt by someone who was a little into it but not enough to keep going until it looked kinda decent, or a messy place where everything was crammed in with only enough organizational logic to keep its owner from going nuts. And of course the few that are actually worth taking pride in. Just a consequence of needing to learn a 3D tool of sorts, and perhaps because the owners are often more concerned with the extrinsic reward than the intrinsic motivation.

So intentionally or no, there is this sort of threatening aura, yet it’s livable I guess. I particularly think of those lots with a house but no furnishings. Or, uh, “TTP”, the seemingly inevitable thing that happens in any game with player-created imagery, including “defacing middle school property”.

Guess what I’m saying is, I appreciate more when people either try to feng shui their 3D homes or make it intentionally cursed, because taking it halfway makes it feel actually cursed.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Yeah, I feel that.

Speaking of which, I shuffled stuff in my RV around a little bit. Mainly, I took like half the stuff out because it felt like my room was laggy to be in, which is really no good for a tiny private space, imo.

I did add something really good with some of the empty space, though: a basketball trash hoop.

[Image: 874e04106a.png]

BOOM
I probably should have posted about this when it was still October; there were multiple halloween events in various places where you could explore a scenic area with lots of little free items hidden everywhere. One of them was gigantic and SCP-themed, so I was running around a big spooky lab looking for "escaped SCPs" which were just special boxes with presents inside.

Anyway here's the best room in that maze:

[Image: 1dc4ff81a3.png]
excuse me but that flamingo is hot. did you get its number by any chance or

yeah sure buddy here's the store page it's from

e: i checked the store to see if there's anything else cool this person made and the only other thing in their store is shoes for a My Little Pony avatar

???????
Tuf Aristopholes is reborn, and now has a permanent home.

Our beautiful son, Tuf Aristopholes, will stay with us forever.

Please, if you have any offerings to spare... deliver them to Tuf Aristopholes.

[Image: 3f9ad5d746.png]
Oh you know what, now that i think about it, i totally forgot to clarify: in october i inexplicably saw a small jump in sales of stuff from my store, so early november I moved out of that RV and got a small piece of land entirely of my own. There's some like, restrictions to how much stuff I can put in it and how many people can hang out in there at a time (5 people? which is very small) but it still means i have my own "mainstore" space now, as well as a sandbox for me and my friends to make houses in, so that's cool

[Image: unknown.png]

sword stairs
(12-28-2018, 10:26 PM)Kitet Wrote: »Tuf Aristopholes is reborn, and now has a permanent home.

Our beautiful son, Tuf Aristopholes, will stay with us forever.

Please, if you have any offerings to spare... deliver them to Tuf Aristopholes.

[Image: 3f9ad5d746.png]

god has finally returned to us