We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I just played the most incredibly intense game of Overwatch ever. It was a cp, and every round ended in overtime with 99%. The winner alternated every round, so the final round was 2-2. The overtimes lasted so long that there were multiple ult sprees, and every player on both teams was on fire by the end. It was my very first time playing Soldier 76, but I got 84 kills and about 60,000 damage.
i always try to get back into minecraft but every time i don't really get much done. i think i just love the aesthetic and find the game boring.

i should try skyrim again but last time i checked its' the same thing for that game too sooooooo maybe i'll just finish kentucky route zero i guess????? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SpoilerShow
My current Video Game Goal is to get <15 minutes with Cadence in Necrodancer

I really should've done this before the Amplitude expansion with its whole extra zone, necessitating I beat zones+bosses in under 3 minutes apiece
i legit can't wait for cook serve delicious 2 like hhhhhhHHHHHHHH IT LOOKS SO GOOD MOM
SpoilerShow
yooka-laylee is really really good and is exactly like how banjo-kazooie was and this is something i can tell even though i never played a banjo-kazooie game thats how overt it is

also i played overwatch for like 7 hours straight last night
(04-14-2017, 12:57 AM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »also i played overwatch for like 7 hours straight last night

did you get any of the new skins?
also, do you support the brave, noble omnic freedom fighters, or the violent, oppressive humans intent on maintaining the status quo?
I can't help but call the slicers chickens in my head

Also i need the dva intro with the fire of a thousand suns
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
i almost beat the True Arena in planet robobot on my first try, until i died to the literal last attack from the last boss of the campaign

i'm going to cry
(04-20-2017, 12:37 PM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »i almost beat the True Arena in planet robobot on my first try, until i died to the literal last attack from the last boss of the campaign

i'm going to cry

Fell for the insta-kill laser, eh? Tsk tsk. Rookie mistake

[strike]nah but i legit feel bad for you, it's okay and i'm sorry[/strike]
SpoilerShow
Just finished the true ending of The Talos Principle and holy shit was that poignant. A damn good game.
s/o to a52 and granolaman for recommending it on the winter giveaway thread!
I finally got back to Hyper Light Drifter and beat the final boss.

Pros:
  • Snappy, satisfying mechanics and controls
  • Hard but fair
  • Very difficult, intense, and interesting boss fights (except for the second one, I beat that one without getting damaged). This was one of the few games where I was actually scared of the final boss. Not because I was scared of losing, but because it had been built up so well and the music and symbolism were so intense.
  • Some of the best music and overall sound design I've heard in a game, ever. Seriously. The stuff this guy does, and the way it blends with the visuals, and the story... I would describe it but I think everyone should experience it themselves
  • Speaking of visuals, those were great too. The aesthetic was great; it had a sort of cyberpunky feel mixed with ancient ruins and the occasional lovecraftian horror. There were a lot of repeated motifs (in the music as well as the art, actually) that corresponded with parts of the story.
  • And the story was great too. It was a little opaque, but once you started learning to interpret what you were looking it at it was really cool, and kinda terrifying, especially with the music.

Cons:
  • It ended
  • End of Game spoilersShow
  • It makes every game I have ever made or planned to make seem not only ugly, klunky, and unfinished, but also makes the ideas behind them seem stale, unoriginal, uninspired, and meaningless.

Final score: 10/10 (I have only ever given three other games a 10 - Portal 2, The Talos Principle, and A Link Between Worlds)

I would recommend this game to anyone who isn't a game developer or planning on becoming one.
Dungeons of Dredmor is fun, BoI Rebirth is stressful
Sig:
SpoilerShow
have you beat dredmor yet? T_T i haven't, i have like 150 hours logged on it!

I even tried a mod, and picked THE MOST POWERFUL CLASSES.

no dice.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
HOT DREDMOR TIPZ

Pick crossbow skill and thief skill. Steal squid bolts, shoot squid bolts goodly.
fire magic: pretty strong, actually
I've never beaten it, but my current character is doing well and halfway through the third floor. This is my 20th character so far,,, but I have hopes for her!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Headlander is a cool and good video game.

Other cool and good recent video games: What Remains of Edith Finch, The Sexy Brutale
FFXIV: Stormblood is upon us. I am just loving* Kugane, maybe because I can’t help but try to connect the dots between things and names you see in town to their historical inspirations (or in some cases just a simple translation from Japanese). Of course, the thing I love about the game’s setting is how it’s fairly solid on its own, so don’t go thinking it’s a simulacrum of, say, bakumatsu Dejima.

* don’t watch this at work nor with polite company, but...
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
that video is what you get when shrek and PSY have a child
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I just got Codename S.T.E.A.M. at GameStop for like $5. This is definitely a good game, and it's gotten pretty good reviews. Beats me how the price is this low but it's definitely the best bargain game I've ever seen.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I just got diaries of a spaceport janitor and it seems really cool so far? it was 75% off for the steam hell sale so i'm gonna... play it a bit and avoid spending any more money lol

In other gaming news i'm frustrated by how low i'm ranked on OW at the moment soooo i'm trying to learn other classes. At the moment i'm very much best at support (Zen/Sym main but getting a fair bit of mercy use too) and decentish at a couple of tanks. I want to learn two of each class but idk where to start.. I do know that i want to learn sombra, though.
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
Sonic Mania is the fucking second coming
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/youngcultistgame

This is the blog for my game I'm making for real its happening
"Baba is you" is an amazing puzzle game that is free (? my bro gave it to me so I don't actually know ?) and is very very interesting.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I lost interest in cuphead after it took so long for it to release but holy fuck the excitement came right back when I played it. It's so good it makes my pee pee tingle dingle
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I play Gems of War in my free time now. If you are interested in free bejewelled/strategy/ccg action, you should play.

I have a guild people could join, even!
Sig:
SpoilerShow