+iny ©at people

+iny ©at people
RE: +iny ©at people
i seriously think leaving windy + fennel in the dark is a mistake that will come back to bite us so i'm pretty salty about getting shut down so hard

there's no way there won't be consequences for what's happened and we need to start dealing with that sooner rather than later, this update was framed very much like a turning point and it wasnt a turn in a good direction for us
(09-05-2017, 02:16 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Fernando, you ended the life of the thing that just attacked you. Ending the life of other things is one of the most serious things you can do and something that everyone tries to avoid, because it's permanent. But you acted in self defense and did what you had to to protect yourself.

What just happened was probably very emotionally trying for you. You could probably use someone to be with right now, like Windy and Fennel.

If you come back, we can teach you mortality so you can better come to terms with what happened. You can go back out afterwards at any time (and with better preparations) if you want to.

(Or, if you go on meeting Grind we can ask them to teach you what mortality is.)

This is a delicate situation, so I am against everything other than this.
(09-09-2017, 01:12 AM)Loather Wrote: »i seriously think leaving windy + fennel in the dark is a mistake that will come back to bite us so i'm pretty salty about getting shut down so hard

there's no way there won't be consequences for what's happened and we need to start dealing with that sooner rather than later, this update was framed very much like a turning point and it wasnt a turn in a good direction for us

The intent is not to keep them in the dark. It is simply to be more tactful with how we present the information. Lack of tact is what led us to this point, so we shouldn't go screaming and sobbing over a letter in the heat of the moment. Everyone will scramble to be heard over one another and more confusion will result. We are not cooperating, because we lack a unifying goal to strive towards and are thus mired in bickering.

When the time comes to inform them fully of the situation, we must do so precisely and with utmost care.
Indeed, I would suggest that we do not send any communique until there is a unanimous decision on its contents.

There is a reason I asked for input on my proposed Frog-Law Tenets. While I may have argued for them and presented my reasoning to those who disagreed, I did not make any repeat attempts to force it when it was ultimately decided against.

That said, does anyone disagree with what Wheat suggested we tell Fernando? Their initial post seems to have a great deal of support.
i dont think endangering and traumatizing someone to prove a point that amounts to a self-fulfilling prophecy is a lack of tact. we're our own antagonists here, the biggest danger we're up against is our own mistakes. what happened isn't something we can cover up, it's not something we're going to come back from. we've really fucked it here, and the only way this won't come back to bite us is if we're absolutely open and honest towards windy and fennel. they need to know that we've fucked up, that we're going to keep fucking up, that they need to rely on their own moral judgement because we are many and we are deeply flawed, and that a significant part of us wants to see them succeed. even tossing all compassion out the window, thinking about this in the coldest way possible, you have to keep in mind that if we lose windy and fennel, it's over, there's no way forward- we must fight for them, even against ourselves, or they will leave. what happened with fern is severe and they will find out one way or another
(09-09-2017, 05:12 AM)Loather Wrote: »i dont think endangering and traumatizing someone to prove a point that amounts to a self-fulfilling prophecy is a lack of tact.

Our lack of tact led to Fern leaving in the first place. If Fern hadn't left, that wouldn't have happened.

(09-09-2017, 05:12 AM)Loather Wrote: »we're our own antagonists here, the biggest danger we're up against is our own mistakes.

Correct. Which is why we need to stop making them.

(09-09-2017, 05:12 AM)Loather Wrote: »what happened isn't something we can cover up, it's not something we're going to come back from. we've really fucked it here, and the only way this won't come back to bite us is if we're absolutely open and honest towards windy and fennel.

You seem to be under the impression I don't want to be open and honest, which is false. I am simply saying that we need to be careful how we word it. Frankly, your suggested letter sounds like the pleading of an abusive husband trying to get their wife to take them back. I doubt it will be well received.

(09-09-2017, 05:12 AM)Loather Wrote: »they need to know that we've fucked up, that we're going to keep fucking up, that they need to rely on their own moral judgement because we are many and we are deeply flawed, and that a significant part of us wants to see them succeed.

As I stated before, we've already told them all of this. Kids don't like being told the same thing over and over when they already know it. It's annoying. Let them process things on their own.

(09-09-2017, 05:12 AM)Loather Wrote: »even tossing all compassion out the window, thinking about this in the coldest way possible, you have to keep in mind that if we lose windy and fennel, it's over, there's no way forward-

This statement is false. We can still create more TCPs even if we lose the 3 we currently have. It would be a tactically disadvantageous position, but looking at it in the coldest way possible, we do not strictly need them. We could create new ones with no knowledge of our faults, and begin again with a clean slate, knowing what not to do. In fact, in some ways, that would be an easier situation to manage. But I don't think any of us want that.

Just remember that want and need are two different things.

(09-09-2017, 05:12 AM)Loather Wrote: »we must fight for them, even against ourselves, or they will leave. what happened with fern is severe and they will find out one way or another

Which is why we need to consider our response more carefully, as I've already stated.
Loather, we can't even tell them any thing right now. We can't create any notes while Fernando is out and we can't communicate with them directly. We can attempt to communicate with them but it is left up to their interpretation of our general mood/feelings. Like, they can't hear us directly. That is a thing we keep forgetting, I think. Like, short of specific commands to do something, they don't really hear or understand us clearly. So, in that way, I "disagree" with Wheat's post for a similar reason as I disagree with yours, and that is it is a thing we're not able to convey right now. I mean, I understand why my suggestion was overlooked, but I think something like that would be necessary. We have to communicate through the inference of emotion, and intent rather than direct communication.

Maybe we should sum up what our powers actually are so right now as to limit the amount of bickering we're doing. AS I UNDERSTAND IT, our abilities work like this:

- In Adventure Mode, which occurs when a TCP is no longer on their home planets or are in a 'dungeon' on their home planet, we cannot use the following: GIVE, CREATE, NAME, TEACH, and SPAWN.

- In Adventure Mode, the only powers we can use directly on our TCPs are CHECK and KILL.

- In general, we cannot directly communicate to TCPs in direct ways and instead rely on the creation of missives, notes, or letters using CREATE in order to convey specific thoughts, ideas, and interactions from us directly that fall outside the scope of TEACH.

- However, in general, TCPs are able to interpret direct commands given but, for the most part, do so based on 'feeling' more than direct understanding of what we said.
_________

This means our ability to interact with Fernando is limited, and we shouldn't be overwhelming them like we are. That's why I was offering supportive feelings and thoughts without Commanding them to do anything. They need to process this on their own, but they have to know that we feel for them and care for them and that we're sorry it came to this. That was the intent of my suggestion previously.
(09-09-2017, 05:42 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »Loather, we can't even tell them any thing right now. We can't create any notes while Fernando is out and we can't communicate with them directly. We can attempt to communicate with them but it is left up to their interpretation of our general mood/feelings. Like, they can't hear us directly. That is a thing we keep forgetting, I think. Like, short of specific commands to do something, they don't really hear or understand us clearly.

Part of why I support giving Fernando the idea to bring the gnome back to care for it. Even if the effort proves fruitless, we got her back to base, where we can communicate properly, she has a group of friends to support her, and we've removed the problem of things being in Adventure Mode.
dark lord graham you are bad at video games. i will take you on in a tiny cat game 1 on 1, gamer to gamer, skill to elite. you'll start up, enter the void, and bam- destroyed. you'll lose so hard your cats wont even spawn. you can't even begin to stand toe-to-toe with me. frankly, its pathetic to think you can game anywhere near my level. i game with the gods. im the top tcp player in the northern hemisphere. i will beat you so hard you'll become famous- famous for being absolutely crushed. i'll beat you so hard your bones will dissolve. theyll be calling you graham the pancake peasant when im done with you

(09-09-2017, 05:42 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »We can't create any notes while Fernando is out

this is fair but we are so fucked
(09-09-2017, 06:44 AM)Loather Wrote: »dark lord graham you are bad at video games. i will take you on in a tiny cat game 1 on 1, gamer to gamer, skill to elite. you'll start up, enter the void, and bam- destroyed. you'll lose so hard your cats wont even spawn. you can't even begin to stand toe-to-toe with me. frankly, its pathetic to think you can game anywhere near my level. i game with the gods. im the top tcp player in the northern hemisphere. i will beat you so hard you'll become famous- famous for being absolutely crushed. i'll beat you so hard your bones will dissolve. theyll be calling you graham the pancake peasant when im done with you

Sure, I'm game. Let me know when you find someone to run it.
(09-09-2017, 07:07 AM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: »
(09-09-2017, 06:44 AM)Loather Wrote: »dark lord graham you are bad at video games. i will take you on in a tiny cat game 1 on 1, gamer to gamer, skill to elite. you'll start up, enter the void, and bam- destroyed. you'll lose so hard your cats wont even spawn. you can't even begin to stand toe-to-toe with me. frankly, its pathetic to think you can game anywhere near my level. i game with the gods. im the top tcp player in the northern hemisphere. i will beat you so hard you'll become famous- famous for being absolutely crushed. i'll beat you so hard your bones will dissolve. theyll be calling you graham the pancake peasant when im done with you

i'll do it
(09-09-2017, 07:08 AM)mortis Wrote: »
(09-09-2017, 07:07 AM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: »

i'll do it

Looks like it's on now.
okay, discussion's over, no more suggestions till I update hahahahaha
[Image: unknown.png]
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
[Image: FlBCuDb.png]

You tell Fernando: This creature is dead. She has taken its life, which is an important and permanent thing- but it’s okay, it was in self-defense. If she needs to be comforted, she should come back home to the other TCPs, and then you can also teach her things to better prepare her in the future-
Partway through saying this, some of your voices start interrupting each other, arguing about the tact of these words.

You take a second to regain your composure.

You decide to also tell Fernando- she’s going “rogue”, and when she goes rogue, she’ll lose all contact with you. Whether she chooses to come home, or continues through the maze, she must make this decision now.

[Image: aXvbWbB.png]

She stays quiet for a minute… she’s thinking about it, and she really doesn’t want to go to your base, but she’s so tempted to go back to Windy and Fennel again...

You then tell her that she should consider taking the creature corpse with her, since it might still be alive and could be healed-

[Image: gqHYNsl.png]

Fernando then screams angrily at you as your vision blurs further - what was the POINT of all of this? What do you even want with her?

[Image: 4mC2pPc.png]

Her final words to you, that you can decipher, are of curses and promises that she’ll be happier without you.

[Image: fyBtA6H.png]

[Image: ZYLBJjF.png]

Your vision suddenly resets back to your home base. You can’t center your vision back on Fernando again.

Fernando has gone ROGUE.

FROG-CRIMES: Shhhhhhoot. Grind, we lost her. She went rogue, so you’re going to have to find her in the maze yourself now.
GRIND: ...What did you do?
FROG-CRIMES: Fernando had to kill that ice gnome thing and she got really upset at us.
GRIND: Well that’s reasonable
GRIND: Killing something else is a traumatic experience for anyone
GRIND: Fine. I will give my TCP a pair of binoculars so they can look for your cat
GRIND: More importantly if your TCP went rogue then the limit should raise-

ADVENTURE COMPLETE!

(The TCP limit is now 12.)

FROG-CRIMES: Oh, there it goes.
FROG-CRIMES: So, uh, guess it’s time to get back to the game?

GRIND: Indeed
GRIND: However
GRIND: May I talk to you for just another minute?

FROG-CRIMES: Sure, what’s up?

[Image: PplQmt9.gif]

GRIND: If you treat your cats with any decency it’s supposed to be incredibly hard for you to have a cat go rogue
GRIND: I’m not impressed with how this turned out
GRIND: Do you even know what the purpose of this game is?

-CALL END-
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
CREATE FERN TYPE TCP
(09-11-2017, 08:42 PM)Loather Wrote: »CREATE FERN TYPE TCP

loather ffs no
Spawn yoyo type
Spawn feather type
>Spawn siren type (creature)
we need some amphibicats up in the mix

SPAWN caecilian
SPAWN: Faith-type TCP
Teach: Faith (Fennel)
Teach: Faith (Windy)
Teach: Teaching (Fennel)
Teach: Teaching (Windy)
fruit leather type
just so everyone knows i will veto anyone that tries to tell windy and fennel anything, transparency is weakness and we must tactically CREATE FIRE ON WINDY. its cold hard strategy for big brain adults like me and you and it will bring us victory
Alternatively

Spawn tsuchinoko type
SPAWN god type
(09-11-2017, 08:48 PM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »SPAWN: Faith-type TCP
Teach: Faith (Fennel)
Teach: Faith (Windy)
Teach: Teaching (Fennel)
Teach: Teaching (Windy)

Throwing my hat in for this one.