CHIRAL: SIDE Y

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHIRAL
SIDE Y

Hey, new readers! This adventure is largely information-based, and plot details will gradually be revealed over time. It's like a mystery that unfolds over many, many updates-- where your suggestions can help figure it out and even mold what the overall outcome will be!

We've got recursion, universes, copies upon copies of people and things, and chatting amidst panels that continually and gradually attempt to jump larger and larger shoddily-drawn sharks. It's a slow starter and pretty thick with dialogue, and if you'd like to leap forth to a more recent part of the adventure where things are really heating up and you have control over actual Characters, I will be making RECAPs periodically to jump ahead.

If you don't feel like reading the early pages full of convoluted lore and setup, feel free to leap to page 8.

RECAP 1 (Page 8)

If not...

Things begin on a lonely terminal in a dilapidated, empty room.

Something is asking for input.

[Image: xOJzutl.png]

What comes immediately familiar to you is a flood of usernames-- 43 of them, all with various shapes and sizes, all belonging to those already DECEASED. You feel compelled to pick one out of the void, though in a slightly more explanatory form, you are completely free to make one up.
[Image: vXCAe9O.png] [Image: tKD6Zjr.png] [Image: CzJL2j4.png]
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
[Image: IJhRwJC.png]
RE: CHIRAL
Nicopter
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Hunk Chudfest
SpoilerShow
>> Hunk Chudfest
What a wonderfully strong name. You can already picture your nonexistent body brimming with muscles and wielding a grandiose sword, saving these mysterious Inhabitants from... whatever it is is threatening them. However, as is unfortunate, the owner of this name is still currently ALIVE.

>> Nicopter
Yes. The name leaps out at you, and it seems to suit the moment well. Its owner was suitably depressive, and as he was on the front line of the Green Team, it's more than likely he perished. As you will the input into the computer interface, it accepts it without another button press-- and thrusts you headlong into a different screen.

Hanging at the bottom of the window is an exclamatory, seemingly submitted by somebody named "cripesalmighty" arguing with "YUPPERS". You will the terminal to scroll upwards, read the log in its entirety, and return to the bottom once more.
[Image: xy489fV.png]
ChatlogShow
You seem to have input.
[Image: afkF4Z7.png] [Image: laXOQ6l.png] [Image: 6SlA6Oy.png] [Image: rwi0EBt.png]
Sup my main dudes, my first come first serve compadres, my large and in charge amigos, my radically radical buds, my dear dear friends who I care for so so much.
SpoilerShow
>Ask a random trivia question
>>Sup my main dudes, my first come first serve compadres, my large and in charge amigos, my radically radical buds, my dear dear friends who I care for so so much.
>>Ask a random trivia question

Messages flood the screen quickly. It seems the people on this chat are eager to respond, and it seems they are uncomfortable with the name you've picked.
[Image: oMnWeuW.png]
ChatlogShow

You continue to retain input on this computery device which is your home, for now.
An Inhabitant stares blankly at a screen as it displays a series of messages. After a short rant, there seems to be a lack of response, and she droops her hands to her sides, just staring at its marigold background for a solid few seconds.
[Image: jf47wTd.png]

The INPUT AGGREGATOR isn't always functional. At times, INPUT fails to enter in a time period short enough to fulfill the EAGER, ADMITTEDLY IMPATIENT NARRATOR, as it is a finicky device which relies on the time and interest of other people who likely have better things to do with their time and interest-- and that's all good! Sometimes letting the chatlog fester amongst itself is the best course of action, though you're unsure how this is furthering your MISSION, exactly.

Still, you let the chat members talk amongst themselves, apparently thunderstruck by your messages.
[Image: 1peVF6E.png]
ChatlogShow
The INPUT AGGREGATOR buzzes, notifying you that after that wall of text and two sloppily presented images, you finally have INPUT back.
Hi, again. I didn't know Nic before they died, but it does seem like they were a great person, but hopefully I(we) can fill that void as the new Nic because I(we) have possessed their body(?).
SpoilerShow
>>Hi, again. I didn't know Nic before they died, but it does seem like they were a great person, but hopefully I(we) can fill that void as the new Nic because I(we) have possessed their body(?).

The terminal bleeps quickly with another series of messages.
The indicator that you might be able to press some button * to go to the VIEWFINDER hovers irritatingly in front of part of the chat.
[Image: zbdmyDI.png]
ChatlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: buzz.
>>This chat is like a bunch of monkeys wrestling underwater. This is very unreosonable behaviour

An astute observation. The members of the chat proceed to be the case in your point.
[Image: WNLmmvK.png]
ChatlogShow

Your INPUT AGGREGATOR buzzes and starts bleeping out some words, which is great, because you've always wanted more dialogue.
INPUT AGGREGATOR: psst
INPUT AGGREGATOR: if you gimme generalized commands for how ye wanna chat
INPUT AGGREGATOR: ill just keep postin for a while
INPUT AGGREGATOR: yknow, 2 or 3 posts
INPUT AGGREGATOR: im a great conversationalist

See monkey, see water, see ardent, ardent wrestling.
>>Private chat with cripesalmighty
>>INPUT AGGREGATOR: generally flirtatious and vaguely sexual 3 posts

INPUT AGGREGATOR: can do
INPUT AGGREGATOR: i know how to strut my stuff with the misses
After... thinking really hard, you manage to move the screen to the RIGHT and get onto a private log chat with cripesalmighty. You seem to retain the ability to swipe between them, keeping tabs on what's going on in both, and perhaps communicating in either one at will.
[Image: t2WOmMR.png]

Swoosh!
[Image: sBtLwz1.png]

The INPUT AGGREGATOR decides to make the first move.
[Image: nI55aGx.png]
Privatelog (cripesalmighty)Show
Meanwhile, the main chat continues to strut its stuff.
ChatlogShow
>>Private chat: I am who i am.

True. And, it seems, not entirely provocative of a helpful response. cripesalmighty only sends two messages your way.
[Image: q4CdQC9.png]

However, in traditional fashion, the main chat is blowing the hell up once again in like five minutes' time. These folks don't have much better to do than sit and chat, it seems.
[Image: mkJa9Hd.png]
ChatlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: haha heyyy
INPUT AGGREGATOR: im not sure who we actually be?
INPUT AGGREGATOR: but if you wanna use my name n get all nice n tidy with me
INPUT AGGREGATOR: input aggregator aint the actual worst name anybody ever got,
Nah, input aggregator is a lame name. We need something cooler... How about zack, Zack sounds like a pretty radical dude that just wants to kick back and share a non alcoholic drink with his bros.
SpoilerShow
>>Nah, input aggregator is a lame name. We need something cooler... How about zack, Zack sounds like a pretty radical dude that just wants to kick back and share a non alcoholic drink with his bros.

INPUT AGGREGATOR: aw.
INPUT AGGREGATOR: guess i had that comin for bein such a lame object
[Image: F1pVrrr.png]

The main chat swirls with fervor over the tiniest development or conversation topic.
[Image: BWq2WgJ.png]
ChatlogShow

You retain INPUT once again.
Not sure.
SpoilerShow
>>Not sure.

Whatever could it be, indeed.
[Image: fahHm3o.gif]
ChatlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: yknow
INPUT AGGREGATOR: worth mentionin i aint sentient
INPUT AGGREGATOR: got my own automated responses n all
INPUT AGGREGATOR: but im just a computer
INPUT AGGREGATOR: yer on your own bosses
Actually I'm pretty sure that my objectives include saving you guys, being discreet about it and then killing myself once I finish.
SpoilerShow
>>Actually I'm pretty sure that my objectives include saving you guys, being discreet about it and then killing myself once I finish.

Oh right, your OBJECTIVES.
INPUT AGGREGATOR: yesss
INPUT AGGREGATOR: its wired to gimme pleasure when you mention objective stuff
[Image: oaMa7wF.png]
ChatlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: what i just said earlier
INPUT AGGREGATOR: that was a big ol joke
INPUT AGGREGATOR: pleasure is foreign to me n so is most stuff
INPUT AGGREGATOR: thanks for lettin me characterize myself for a sec there
>Say some gay shit. He'll yeah.
>>>Say some gay shit. He'll yeah.

Oh that is totally doable. Admittedly you're not sure exactly what 'gay' constitutes in this instance, since you're not sure as an INPUT AGGREGATOR THING you have any orientation or sexuality to speak of, but you are ABSOLUTELY capable of flirting with everything and everybody.
[Image: GGxsMRP.png]
ChatlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: now were gettin this metaphorical party started
INPUT AGGREGATOR: n all that etc etc etc
>So uh. Mind givin the ol' 101 on whats up here? Can guess how a needspenser works, but whats this about teams?
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
>>>So uh. Mind givin the ol' 101 on whats up here? Can guess how a needspenser works, but whats this about teams?

You put on some SLEUTH GOGGLES and vow to get to the bottom of this conundrum.
[Image: ekiqS6U.png]
ChatlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: thanks fo lettin me aggregate all ur inputs tonite
INPUT AGGREGATOR: yer a real buncha friends
So My Dear New Friends
What Was The Goal Of The Game?
If You Would Care To Say
>>So My Dear New Friends
>>What Was The Goal Of The Game?
>>If You Would Care To Say

You dig yourself 3 and 1/2 feet deeper into the MYSTERY TRENCH.
[Image: HFKL10P.png]

[Image: 1AjjCjX.png]

[Image: RXPcOVw.png]

[Image: NvLX4Iq.png]
ChatlogShow

INPUT AGGREGATOR: wow look at that psychic interlude we jus got
INPUT AGGREGATOR: thats not our comp just so ya know
INPUT AGGREGATOR: thats somethin actually the narrator showed ya for funsies
INPUT AGGREGATOR: yknow, whatever it was that you saw
INPUT AGGREGATOR: this is an automated response
INPUT AGGREGATOR: heh.