Biodome (MG 9)

Poll: What types of species should be implemented next?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Water Creatures (once there's more water)
18.18%
4 18.18%
Scavengers (I mean, this is already planned)
9.09%
2 9.09%
I don't understand. Won't this be very hard to run? Do you find pain fun? You must be some sort of madman if you believe you can pull off a game of this complexity. Also, Parasites.
22.73%
5 22.73%
Birds
13.64%
3 13.64%
Carnivorious Plants
31.82%
7 31.82%
_________ (post in thread)
4.55%
1 4.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biodome (MG 9)
Biodome (MG 9)
Want to play a terribly inaccurate simulator of a ecosystem? Evolve species of your creation, and watch them compete with other players species in a small world.

Anyone can join at any time, and they will receive 4 EP (Evolution Points). Each player gains 1 EP each turn, plus 1 more per species you currently own (with 4 being the maximum species).

These points may be spent to create species, evolve them, and give special orders.

Special Orders:
(1-2 EP) - Favoured diet - The species of your choice will now favour the target species. Costs 1 for your own species, or 2 for another player's species. A species can favour multiple prey.
(2-4 EP) - Migrate - 50% of the species in the target square (of your choice) begin to move to a specified location. Species will always take a more favourable path over a faster one. Costs 2 to migrate your own species, or 4 to migrate another player's species.
(3 EP) - Extinction - Kill an entire species you own. You are refunded all EP points spent on that species.

Special events will also happen every 25 turns, with the real game changers occurring every 100.

FOUND SPECIES HERE

MAP (ALSO IMPORTANT)

---

Join by creating your first (couple) species and placing them on the map!
RE: Biodome (MG 9)
I'm gonna make a species of Tuber. And they're gonna be called Sugarpop Yumyams. No upgrades yet.

I'll place five of them on (C,2) and another five on (G,3).

These are gonna be the most delicious yams. They've got little peppermint-colored swirls on 'em.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
so do we post or something in thread to create something because i want to create an extra seedy plant for 3 points (seeding plant + double seedy).

It's called the Trenchplant. Not because it favors trenches, but because it looks like it's about to sell you something illegal.

I'd put half in C6 and half in F3
I'll make a tuber plant with 2 storage upgrades (3 EP) known as the Not-an-elephant, 3 at E3, 7 at B1.
This is exactly how I wanted people to make species, with a minor discrepancy:
@Earthexe, could you put the 5 Sugarpop Yumyams planned for B2 somewhere else? I had intended to label those ocean...

ALSO: Turn 1 begins in <12 hours. Make sure to join so that your species can get that extra growth!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Alright, sure. I'll put them on (C,2) instead. I'll edit that post to reflect this, too.

You should be careful with how you're labeling those columns, though; more than once, I've used the google docs labeling to determine the name for a square rather than the assignments that you gave them. It's a little confusing. Like, (E,4) on the google axes is the same as (D,3) on your axes that you typed in.
I'm creating a new Seedy Plant for 4 points - 1 for the plant, 3 for extra-extra seedy. It shall be called Stodgeweed and I shall put 3 on (A,4), 3 on (D,8) and 4 on (F,7).
TURN 1
MAP

No important events have occurred.

EP COUNT
Earthexe - 5 (+2 per turn)
Robust Laser - 3 (+2 per turn)
CrimsonMage - 3 (+2 per turn)
Schazer - 2 (+2 per turn)
Anyone Who Joins Now - 5 (+1 per turn)

Things of interest:
- Corpses and dead plants deteriorate, losing half their total and the end of each turn (before new corpses).
- Mushrooms and Scavengers will be available at Turn 25.

Any special orders / new species / new traits wanted should be posted, otherwise sit back and wait for tommorow's update (or sooner if everyone plans something / posts).
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm totally making a deer known as the Sitting Appliances. I'll put 6 on G3 and 4 on G8. No upgrades (I'm out of EP)
My Sugarpop Yumyams are gonna take the expanding trait for all five of my smackaroons.
the Trenchplants are going to become TWO MORE SEEDY for 2 EP.
CRIMSON BLOODFANGS (tubers) arrive!
2 on square &II, 2 on square !III, 2 on square #V, 4 on square @V
+2 Storage (2 EP)
+1 Health (3 EP)
Marbled Ringdrop; Seeding Plant
-Seedy
-2 F5, 5 C3, 3 I5

Skittering Taransters; Rodent
-Endless Population
- 2 C2, 4 G3, 2 D6, 2 E8
a52, That would take 6 EP, which, I don't think you have. Creating the species to begin with costs things too :0
(05-03-2016, 05:51 AM)earthexe Wrote: »a52, That would take 6 EP, which, I don't think you have. Creating the species to begin with costs things too :0

((This is 100% accurate.))
Sig:
SpoilerShow
It didn't mention how much species creation cost in the OP. In that case, reduce storage to +1.
It's in the first paragraph of the costs list doc.
"Species initial costs are dictated by the (#) beside their names, and upgrade costs are beneath them."
So instead of updating (as you probably noticed), I made and ate lava cake and watched Legend of Korra with my sister who was visiting, so the update will be as soon as I can after school!

Thank you for your patience.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Lava cake is good. Stated action of consuming delicacies approved, encouraged.