looking for new team members to help make a videogame

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
haha, just joking. i can't make games. i can't make anything.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
RE: looking for new team members to help make a videogame
if i hired a full team of people to make a game for me, without including myself as an actual team member, wouldn't that basically just be like... a deconstructed monthly crowdfunding pledge?
here's my paycheck from Sub Way The Sandwich Shop. yes it's only like a hundred bucks, split it how you want. just make a game. it doesn't have to be a game i like, just make one. i'll check in next time i give you my next paycheck
you ever think about how completely stupid it is to like, live the "take an irl job and do art on the side" lifestyle, when your job doesn't pay very much and you don't even work on your projects on the side? like, you tell yourself "i just have to work a real person job until i finish something cool, and live from my Artist Money then" but then you don't even make anything cool, you never learn any new skills, you never even start working on the Big Project you want to make and you keep saying you want to make?

isn't that dumb????? hahahah
It is terrible. When you actually quit your "irl job" and start working on that Big Project you will also want to quit because it is very difficult to make progress and live without money and at least you had some money when you were living your shitty life before.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
please stop wasting your time on me
6 years wasting my time developing luroloru, planned metroidvania (start: 2009 - end: 2015?)
3+ years so far wasting my time on paradise tourism
only things completed in that time are an unrelated rpgmaker game and a couple 24 hour day comics, both finished months after the start date
i haven't finished a forum adventure in years, remember when i used to finish those??? comics are the ONE thing i can do and i can't even do those right anymore
why are you reading this thread, stop wasting your time
baited LIKE A MOTHER
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]
awweh yeahhh i just gotta put my mind to it and fix my adhd like i've been hoping to!!

i don't have health insurance, not even obamacare anymore. my dad took me off his plan after i moved out and i didn't realize it in time. i can't do ANYTHING medical-related right now, i wouldn't be able to afford it. i need my adhd managed, my wisdom teeth pulled, i've been hoping to get some form of birth control for the past couple years - i can't do ANY of this yet and i don't know when i'll be able to.

if i get noticably sick, my current job will stop me from taking another shift until i can bring them a doctor's note saying i'm not sick anymore, so my plan for that has just been "hope i don't get sick until i Have A Doctor"
this is all just useless whining though, c'mon, cave story was made in 5 years. i don't have any excuse for not learning how to program anything after 10 years of Having Cool Game Ideas
(04-30-2018, 03:01 PM)Kitet Wrote: »this is all just useless whining though, c'mon, cave story was made in 5 years. i don't have any excuse for not learning how to program anything after 10 years of Having Cool Game Ideas

Your awful family situation certainly counts as an excuse. I'm sure Cave Story guy had to have the rest of their life sorted out before they could really focus on their game, which is something you're still working on.
where can I fill in the migration paper work

I wish I could take in all you mericans what with the shitty health costs and all

STILL I think there are enough people with The Knowledge on this site to put a dev team together for Things, just a matter of maintaining focus for long enough :P
[Image: jt0Cf7522wX9Gp-rLZuSVuS9drxEdxC7ZldowSZy...640-h80-no]