Lucidstuck II

Lucidstuck II
RE: Lucidstuck II
(07-23-2017, 10:42 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »As for explosives yeah I meant like timed C4. That way we can make an expedient escape route or diversion.
you can also set traps with it.

anyways, piecing it together, my suggested loadout would be:
weapon: compact crossbow with hookshot attachment
chameleon suit
spy multitool
C4 brick with timer
portable radar
>Do we pick the items all at once, or can we pick what's in the briefcase as we go? If we have to decide all at once, can we see the floor plans Bob was supposed to get first?

We should try and get as much info on the area as we can before picking.

To gain entry, I'm thinking we could lure one or both of the guards away from the door by throwing one of those two rocks to make some noise. If there's a chance to ambush one them we can use the other rock as an improvised weapon to knock them out, take their weapons, and more importantly their clothes so that we'd be able to look less conspicuous (from afar if nothing else).

Prior to that, we should take a look at the outside of the building. If there's a window we can climb through easily that'd be good to know, for an escape if nothing else.
(07-23-2017, 11:34 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »To gain entry, I'm thinking we could lure one or both of the guards away from the door by throwing one of those two rocks to make some noise.
dont you mean one of those three rocks?
after all, there are the two identical-looking rocks and the rock next to the tall grass that definitely isnt a person.
(07-24-2017, 12:40 AM)Xoleuph Wrote: »
(07-23-2017, 11:34 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »To gain entry, I'm thinking we could lure one or both of the guards away from the door by throwing one of those two rocks to make some noise.
dont you mean one of those three rocks?
after all, there are the two identical-looking rocks and the rock next to the tall grass that definitely isnt a person.

Imagines Bob picking up Emily and using her to bash somebody to death. If that wouldn't cause SO much trouble with Emily I'd totally support Bob beating a motherfucker with another motherfucker.

Just realized Alice is the rock. Suddenly this plan became much more viable.
i recommend inferred goggles to see security systems and such without any light that or the goggles they use in the splinter cell games, as they let him have access to a lot of useful stuff to track guards and security as well as making him look rather cool(and they do not generate light in universe that is just for players benefit) though i do not know what else he should have. also we should definitely do some recon to see how the guard patrols work and such.
https://splintercell.wikia.com/wiki/Sonar_Goggles
(07-24-2017, 10:11 PM)dasno Wrote: »i recommend inferred goggles to see security systems and such without any light that or the goggles they use in the splinter cell games, as they let him have access to a lot of useful stuff to track guards and security as well as making him look rather cool(and they do not generate light in universe that is just for players benefit) though i do not know what else he should have. also we should definitely do some recon to see how the guard patrols work and such.

you mean infrared? inferring is something very different.
yes, night vision goggles would be neat, but we only have a limited amount of items we can take.
you could swap the C4 for goggles, but the rest is too useful to pass up on.
(07-24-2017, 10:16 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »
(07-24-2017, 10:11 PM)dasno Wrote: »i recommend inferred goggles to see security systems and such without any light that or the goggles they use in the splinter cell games, as they let him have access to a lot of useful stuff to track guards and security as well as making him look rather cool(and they do not generate light in universe that is just for players benefit) though i do not know what else he should have. also we should definitely do some recon to see how the guard patrols work and such.

you mean infrared? inferring is something very different.
yes, night vision goggles would be neat, but we only have a limited amount of items we can take.
you could swap the C4 for goggles, but the rest is too useful to pass up on.
True but i really do not know what comprises a spy multi tool. :/
also do we have to choose from the start of is our spy case more of five tools we can pick as we need?.
Probably unnecessary, but in the interest of covering bases:

(07-23-2017, 07:58 PM)RemoteCalamity Wrote: »>Hi Emily. How are you?

and yeah, I'd go with the multi-tool, and the crossbow/grappling hook combo weapon.
said Bob in a quiet whisper, because this is a stealth mission.
(07-23-2017, 10:35 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »>I hope we can put up a good show for you, Emily. Just watch us infiltrate the hell out of this thing.
continued Bob in an equally quiet whisper along with a thumbs up and a wink given in the wrong direction because Bob can neither see nor otherwise perceive Emily right now. Bob remains unbothered by his decidedly quirky behavior. Bob considers himself an eccentric thief, after all.

Re: Personal radar. What exactly are we envisioning here? Cause being vague could burn us. My guess is some kind of device that uses radio waves to detect the shape of things and moving bodies in a radius around the user with a convenient LED display.

Of course a display like that could easily be seen in the dark and thus give away Bob's position.
Active radar while giving us more detailed mapping could be detected by other radar systems.
Passive radar wouldn't emit anything but we'd have to rely on other sources of radio waves.

Ambient radio waves means it would probably work pretty well outdoors due to radio stations, kind of okay indoors, poorly inside concrete walled structures or inside anything that can classify as a <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage>faraday cage</a> (so we'd probably be radar blind inside a metal vault). However, guards often use radios to communicate, so they'd stick out pretty well on a passive radar system, even indoors.

...or we could just invoke video game logic if Daydream is willing to let it slide. Video game style radar that just sort of works conveniently and isn't at all noticeable by guards.
Depending on how much the facility relies on security cameras and other electronic devices as a means of detecting intruders, I would also suggest(if possible) carrying around an EMP charge that would disable all such devices in a radius - that is, of course, only if we're going by video game logic of a compact enough device like this existing at all and being efficient. Same with the radar and the stealth suit - we don't know how that efficient that will be, and we could end up wasting a valuable item slot on it.

I second the harpoon/hookshot crossbow and the swiss army knife/spy multitool, those would be very important I feel like. Explosives can also be fun(especially with what I have in mind). What we're lacking now though is a stealthkill melee weapon - like a string to subdue guards or a knife to backstab them(unless that's included in the multitool)

As for the infiltration itself, I doubt we will be able to get far from the heavily guarded front entrance. Take the back door, getting past the guards there wouldn't be much of a problem with a distraction or two. Once we're inside, we will most likely need to short out the power, take out the generator or use the EMP - with the lights out, not only the security cameras/laser detectors are disabled, but none of the guards will be able to raise an alarm either if we encounter them. Then we quickly take the treasure if we get out, possibly using explosives.

Although we could attempt a "pacifist" run, the problem here is that we only have one shot at this. With that in mind, I feel like we'll pretty much have to kill at least one of the guards to acquire a disguise Hitman style, which will drastically increase our chances.
(07-31-2017, 02:03 PM)olegoleg123 Wrote: »What we're lacking now though is a stealthkill melee weapon - like a string to subdue guards or a knife to backstab them(unless that's included in the multitool)
choke them with the hookshot rope. not the most efficient way, but it saves a slot.

(07-31-2017, 02:03 PM)olegoleg123 Wrote: »I would also suggest(if possible) carrying around an EMP charge that would disable all such devices in a radius - that is, of course, only if we're going by video game logic of a compact enough device like this existing at all and being efficient.
the problem is that once such a device is used, the guards go on high alert. explosives have a similar effect, but you can use them to for example blast down a wall for a quick escape or take out multiple guards, while EMP only takes out electronics.
the spy multitool should be able to take out cameras and sensors in a far more focused way that does not instantly give away that someone broke in.

(07-31-2017, 02:03 PM)olegoleg123 Wrote: »Although we could attempt a "pacifist" run, the problem here is that we only have one shot at this. With that in mind, I feel like we'll pretty much have to kill at least one of the guards to acquire a disguise Hitman style, which will drastically increase our chances.
this is just a game by daydream that will likely have little to no impact on anything else. unless we do something insane like disembowel everyone we come across, it shouldnt matter how many we kill.
(07-31-2017, 03:22 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »this is just a game by daydream that will likely have little to no impact on anything else. unless we do something insane like disembowel everyone we come across, it shouldnt matter how many we kill.
Despite this, I can't help but feel like the results of all these Daydream games are going to influence something way later down the road.

You know how in some games, you have optional challenges and quests which you can either complete or fail, but you will only get a good ending if you successfully finish all of them? This is exactly the kind of impression I can't help but get from this - fail even just one of her challenges, and at a crucial moment, Alice simply won't listen to us, forcing us down a bad or bitter end route. And I'd be very much thankful if I'm wrong on this prediction.
(07-31-2017, 04:37 PM)olegoleg123 Wrote: »Despite this, I can't help but feel like the results of all these Daydream games are going to influence something way later down the road.

You know how in some games, you have optional challenges and quests which you can either complete or fail, but you will only get a good ending if you successfully finish all of them? This is exactly the kind of impression I can't help but get from this - fail even just one of her challenges, and at a crucial moment, Alice simply won't listen to us, forcing us down a bad or bitter end route. And I'd be very much thankful if I'm wrong on this prediction.

the previous games had specific goals, such as winning a bet or getting control over bob.
this game is just for fun. I wouldnt read too much into this unless daydream says something about it.
First, we really will have to take out those guards. They don't seem to keen on moving. I say we save 4 conjurables and only conjure something if we really need to, like a tranquilizer dart gun to take out those guards silently.
Look at this beautiful lamp egg:

[Image: B2skh0Y.png]

Some fear for what it will hatch into. But not me. I'm not silly!
(08-02-2017, 09:40 PM)Ferociousfeind Wrote: »First, we really will have to take out those guards. They don't seem to keen on moving. I say we save 4 conjurables and only conjure something if we really need to, like a tranquilizer dart gun to take out those guards silently.

seconded
SpoilerShow

=>

[Image: s45242q.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: AVtayqL.png]

Inquisitive Bob sniffs around the tall grass and rock looking for the map...
Ahh, it was taped to the back of the rock, it falls to the ground for you just in time.

[Image: e3FRvhX.png]

[Image: DwIDlGk.png]

Nothing but hieroglyphics here. You can't understand the words, but the pictures seem pretty self explanatory. You think.

Show ChatlogShow
so we need to go to the top floor, grab the keycard, go to the underground floor to get the star, then leave.
though, looking at the floor plan, the star room has two doors, only one of which needs a keycard. so we dont need the top floor at all?
gonna draw a simple plan of what I would do in paint, hold on for some shitty scribbles.

alright, here we go. no idea how to embed images, so just click the link.
https://imgur.com/a/aWuZk

first we wait for the guards at 1 to leave. then we take the corridor at 2, knocking out/killing the guard if we have to. enter the small room at 3, then exit to 4. take the elevator at 5 down to 6.
exit the elevator when the guards turn around the corners or just arent looking in your direction, then quickly enter 7. enter the door at 8 and there we are.
then just retrace the steps and we shouldd be done.

chameleon suit, multitool and radar will probably be the most useful with that route.
no, camouflage. chameleons don't actually camouflage.( https://www.thedodo.com/why-chameleons-c...39423.html ). also pack weapons incase the mission goes loud.
oh hey
(08-08-2017, 12:39 PM)SinkingSailor Wrote: »no, camouflage. chameleons don't actually camouflage.( https://www.thedodo.com/why-chameleons-c...39423.html ). also pack weapons incase the mission goes loud.
I am well aware of that, the name just sounds nice.
call it a thermoptic suit if you like GitS.
Seeing as we have floor plans complete with marked guard routes, I don't think a radar is really all that necessary. But what would be fantastic is a way to subtly see through doors, vents, around corners, and potentially walls (though we probably wouldn't need that).

Something like this would suffice.
https://www.amazon.com/Vividia-Portable-...industrial

Notably not drawn on the map are placements of security cameras. The Obsidian star is locked behind a keycard door, so we can logically expect cameras to exist in this setting. Something we'll need to be on the lookout for. Whenever possible we should scout the inside of a room before entering.

A radar might/might not highlight the existence of cameras, but a snake camera will let us subtly see anything that's visible in a room before we enter it.

Security cameras would also imply a room with at least one guard monitoring the feeds. Possible rooms include two rooms on the ground floor and the room with the keycard on F1. A security office strikes me as a location likely to only have one door... so my guess would be the room with two guards on the ground floor. Take out whomever's watching the cameras then we can ignore the cameras. Possibly wipe the records on our way out.

Considering that I'd suggest we check that room with the two guards in it on G from the other side of the southern door as it's a quick way in.

SpoilerShow

If it's a security office we'll need to take those guards out to negate the cameras otherwise we can go with the route Xoleuph suggested. Though we may have to find a way to deal with cameras regardless.
I just had a delightfully audacious thought based upon the likely chance that the room with the obsidian star might have some extra security inside we don't know about. Laser grids, pressure sensitive plates, etc.

What if we enter, incapacitate/kill a guard (possibly the one in the card key room), acquire uniform, nab the card key and bluff our way to the vault room? We claim an inspection, etc. That way we get into the vault with it's internal security disabled. Then we move the star to the vent and leave it there. Exit the vault, let them re-enable security. Then we go and retrieve the star through the vent from the other side. Thus we exit without any major alarms.

Towards that plan I suggest:
- Mission Impossible style face/voice copier. (maybe we wouldn't need these?)
- Fake Obsidian Star. (So that it's in full view when we enter/exit the vault doors)
Whatever other tools necessary to infiltrate to the bluff scenario.
- Snake Camera (too useful NOT to take in my mind)
- Crossbow/hookshot thingy. (Both tool and weapon)
- Lockpicking tools. Cause some of those doors are totally gonna be locked. (We could also steal keys).

We'd still need to deal with cameras as well here, since there'd likely be one in the vault to check on the star remotely.
(08-08-2017, 05:55 PM)Unclever title Wrote: »Seeing as we have floor plans complete with marked guard routes, I don't think a radar is really all that necessary. But what would be fantastic is a way to subtly see through doors, vents, around corners, and potentially walls (though we probably wouldn't need that).

Something like this would suffice.
https://www.amazon.com/Vividia-Portable-...industrial
we cant really predict when a guard will be where though, so a radar might still be useful.
but we can definitely discard the C4, as blowing up stuff underground is a VERY bad idea if you are also underground (shockwaves and collapses), so that is a good alternative.

(08-08-2017, 06:12 PM)Unclever title Wrote: »- Lockpicking tools. Cause some of those doors are totally gonna be locked. (We could also steal keys).
spy multitool is basically guaranteed to have lockpicking functionality, among a bunch of other useful features.
I'm gonna do what i do best; coming up with stupid plans that go way off the rails, but might just work. But first:

(08-08-2017, 01:15 AM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »welcome new reader!!

Hello!

Now if there's anything that I've learned from playing crime-based video games, it's that going silent is a plan for those who have infinite chances at the mission. My view may be biased because I suck at stealth games, but nevertheless, if we put all of our eggs into the stealth basket and get caught, it's game over. on the other hand, if we put all our eggs into the going loud basket, then they'll call backup, and as far as we know, they have infinite police, and we have finite ammunition. However, the mathematical Principle of Explosion tells us that the answer always lies somewhere in the middle.

What I propose is a hostage situation. Here's the plan, we break in through one of the top floor windows, and incapacitate as many guards as we can with a nonlethal weapon and ensure they won't run away (possibly with some sort of rope/cable ties). I'm sure that the guards are intelligent enough to call for backup, however, once we've secured the first floor, we've finished the hard work. Assuming they'll negotiate, we'll simply negotiate for the obsidian star and a way out. If they aren't so cooperative, then we'll have to improvise, and if worse comes to worse, we cut our losses and escape.

What I think we should bring:
Climbing instrument(to climb up the wall and into the building)
Something to secure the hostages(rope, cable ties, etc.)
Maybe something to barricade the windows?
Weapon: Some kind of projectile weapon that can be used lethally or notlethally

This is just me spitballing a plan though, it wasn't very well thought out, as I came up with it in the span of like, 15 minutes. If ya'll would rather take the stealth route though, feel free.
if anyone is confident that they know which 5 items to use for this, go ahead and lead with the suggestion arrow ">" with your items list. I will take lists that are seconded or more over ones that are not, else whichever I want after a short amount of time
(08-09-2017, 09:41 PM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »if anyone is confident that they know which 5 items to use for this, go ahead and lead with the suggestion arrow ">" with your items list. I will take lists that are seconded or more over ones that are not, else whichever I want after a short amount of time
I guess this is what I will go with then.

> weapon: compact crossbow with hookshot attachment
thermoptic suit
spy multitool
borescope
portable radar
(08-09-2017, 10:02 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »
(08-09-2017, 09:41 PM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »if anyone is confident that they know which 5 items to use for this, go ahead and lead with the suggestion arrow ">" with your items list. I will take lists that are seconded or more over ones that are not, else whichever I want after a short amount of time
I guess this is what I will go with then.

> weapon: compact crossbow with hookshot attachment
thermoptic suit
spy multitool
borescope
portable radar
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]