We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
WOW YES
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
BRP: Not being much of a gamer, I wouldn't know whether or not a made-in-Japan for-Japan game cartridge would work in a North American console.

If you know any different though, and you'd like me to raid second-hand media outlets (the likes of Book Off, I suppose?) for particular titles while I'm over Japan-ways for the next year, I imagine I could find time for that if you had the funds.

Same goes for anyone else who'd be into that sort of thing, I guess? I may as well use my upcoming pseudo-OE for nefarious nerdy purposes as well as nefarious natural history+personal heritage purposes.
(07-29-2013, 04:00 PM)Schazer Wrote: »BRP: Not being much of a gamer, I wouldn't know whether or not a made-in-Japan for-Japan game cartridge would work in a North American console.

IIRC, that depends on the system it's for. Some systems are region-locked while others aren't. If we're talking Nintendo, they apparently region-locked all their cartridge consoles except for the SNES (which can be easily modified to accommodate PAL and Japanese carts). They only started region-locking handhelds with the DSi.
Lately, I've been playing a lot of Awesomenauts; Para and Scott have joined me occasionally, and it's always been a lot of fun. I was wondering if anyone else here played, so we could widen our pool of players even further!
(07-29-2013, 07:15 PM)SleepingOrange Wrote: »Lately, I've been playing a lot of Awesomenauts; Para and Scott have joined me occasionally, and it's always been a lot of fun. I was wondering if anyone else here played, so we could widen our pool of players even further!

I've played Awesomenauts with Para and PL a few times before, and I'd be happy to join a game with some other people here too.
Awesomenauts is real fun. I'm always up for playing it.

I'm lankie97 on steam.

No I was not born in 1997 arglblargle
Awesome, I'll add you both! I'm surprised I hadn't yet, actually.

My Steam is pemmicanglut. Or awolfnamedwaldo, I forget which one I show up as to other people.
I have Awesomenauts but I haven't actually delved into it yet. I've not enjoyed MOBAs much in the past. :(
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Phish generously gave me a copy but i haven't tried it yet, add me to the "i'm interested" list.
I played Awesomenauts but I'm terrible as everyone except chomp chomp boom robot and Genji
might play if you add me, "League of Lolis" on steam
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
I've been meaning to play that at some point. If people don't have me on Steam my id is cybrspce95
(07-29-2013, 09:10 PM)TickTickTockTock Wrote: »"League of Lolis" on steam

That is now my favourite LoL joke name. Guys, remember you can invite people to the Eagle Time steam group!
(07-29-2013, 04:00 PM)Schazer Wrote: »BRP: Not being much of a gamer, I wouldn't know whether or not a made-in-Japan for-Japan game cartridge would work in a North American console.

If you know any different though, and you'd like me to raid second-hand media outlets (the likes of Book Off, I suppose?) for particular titles while I'm over Japan-ways for the next year, I imagine I could find time for that if you had the funds.
Thanks for the offer!

I suppose I neglected to mention that they did bring the sequels over Stateside (and I have no hangups about playing those versions). The main issue is affording them and the systems to play them on Meloncholy

I have heard tell that visiting such places can be an enlightening experience for Americans!* But most of these descriptions of Mecca come from people who aren’t in the big cities, else all they’d have found was a bunch of games worth exactly the ¥50 they’re selling for and consoles of yellowing plastic that probably still reek of residual tobacco... perhaps it’s just better to visit for the everything else.

*Fact Seagull The decent used book store is going extinct and it’s your fault, America.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
Holy CHRIST Me and Slorange just finished a match that was the very definition of intense. My heart is still racing from that one, t'was ace!

Awesomenauts is pretty great as a MOBA. It's a lot simpler than LOL or DOTA but it requires different skills like platforming and aiming everything.

Not to mention it's a ton more casual than other MOBA's, matches are pretty short, having someone disconnect isn't the end of the world and teamwork is a little less important so you don't feel too awful if you play bad. Also I very rarely see the vitriol which is infamous with these kind of games, probably because you barely have any time to type in the game.

Oh and all the characters are basically fantastic.
What league are you guys in? I was in league 2 for quite some time.
THAT SHIT IS SCARY
So many Gnaws
The horror
THE HORROR
(I've been throwing games as Ayla recently all the way down to 5 now)
matthewmatosis is doing a review lets play thing of demon souls and i feel like his voice starts off a bit more awkward cute than it normally is am i wrong or right on this i dont know
I've got Awesomenauts, but I'm pretty terrible at it. I'm much better at playing adviser/critic for my roommate while he plays. I also really wish there were a way to pick your opponents so I could play against friends instead of merciless strangers.
(07-30-2013, 01:24 AM)Granolaman Wrote: »I've got Awesomenauts, but I'm pretty terrible at it. I'm much better at playing adviser/critic for my roommate while he plays. I also really wish there were a way to pick your opponents so I could play against friends instead of merciless strangers.

You can! All it takes is going into the private match option in the menu. You can invite as many or few people as you want, then fill the gaps with bots.
GUYS GUYS
OOO REALLY DID IT

The update for removing Mist and elevator costs etc just went up today, maybe 30min-hour ago???? its ACTUALLY FUN NOW
Okay so this rules

Megabyte Punch is basically Custom Robo meets Super Smash Bros. Beat up modular robots, send them flying and take their parts! The full game's not out yet but even the demo's a lot of fun. The characters move a bit too fast for a fighting game IMO, and the hit detection is funky, but this has the potential to be addictive. Pretty cool art and music, as well.
you said custom robo
my attention is garnered
That uppercut is pretty insane. It's a pain to have to scrape the bits and parts out the ceiling craters.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I love how every finisher sends enemies rocketing away, but yeah, they could be toned down a little. If you finish an enemy with the aerial down attack you can actually blast a shortcut tunnel through the floor sometimes!
It's a little samey, plus the special attacks seem a lot more useful than the regular ones, so I didn't have that much fun with it. Still, they're still developing it, so they might work out the kinks. S'a good concept at the very least.
Yeah, I'm inclined to be forgiving 'cause it's a demo and I love the concept. Hopefully the full version is more balanced and polished - it comes out in a few days!

edit: also, like SSB, the verses mode is way more fun than the adventure mode (IMO). I like the part-collecting mechanic but fighting random mooks gets old fast.