Fire Emblem: Gods of the Celestial Realm [OOC]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So this is the thread where you can ask questions if I'm not readily available or just chat about tactics and stuff with your fellow teammates. Do all your planning stuff here.

The main thread is here.
The signups thread is here.
RE: Fire Emblem: Gods of the Celestial Realm [OOC]
Simple questions that I'm certain are bugging everyone at this point (or maybe I'm just a bigger ass than I thought):

1: Do we know anything about the two no-shows for the game?
2: What is the plan for these no-shows and future no shows?
3: Is the game still continuing?

Thanks
1) Well, I waited about a day, so I'm going to adapt the story. Stay tuned later today.

2) It's sorta my fault for taking so damn long creating this game. I may have started the signups too early. But, oh well. At least I can use this to gauge who is paying attention still. :P

3) Yes, stay tuned today. I shall be adapting this campaign, as the setup actually conveniently works.
Welp, sorry about lack of updates today. Family got sick from crab meat cevice we made last night. I'm totally fine though, for some reason.
It's kind of unfortunate that you don't have any tanks, or really any actual frontline fighters. Ideally the archer and mage would surround the pegasus to prevent any possible hits from that axe, but that's not all that possible from here.
Going forward, it'd be best to let the ranged attackers start the turn to soften up the enemy, and hope the pegasus knight can land a finishing blow and without tripping a counter-attack.
For now, try to finish off that sword, obviously. The Fire Emblem AI from the GBA games would have the brigand target the archer first, since they love free hits, but I doubt BTM's emulating the FE AI.

Of course, if the no-shows show up, that'd completely turn things around.
[Image: xwldX.gif]
(04-16-2013, 05:31 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »The Fire Emblem AI from the GBA games would have the brigand target the archer first, since they love free hits...

muahahahhahahHAHAHAAMUAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

Actually the plan is to emulate AI tactics for the first few levels of the campaigns so peeps get used to it. Then I go full on Grandmaster mode.

Also if no one shows up I might have to scrap the entire damn thing and restart on a smaller scale. :<
i'd like to sign up i guess
Send Cirsi's player a PM. Intox probably just hasn't noticed the thread.
For Ira's player, you might wanna track down their account on Reddit. I think this is them: https://www.reddit.com/user/evil09
Yeah, I'm a bit worried since that Brigand will deal 11 to Iremia next turn, and AI always goes for the kill, right? D: What happens if someone dies?

Anyway, between myself and the archer, the merc will go down. I guess I should count myself lucky that, ironically, the mage is the least appealing target here. Archer offers no counterattack, and the Peg Knight has lower defense. Heh.
I'll go easy in the beginning. I'm still learning how to design these levels. Here I just put the enemies willy-nilly. Future scenarios should have improved tactics besides "pray he doesn't come after you"
Hey, I think you skipped me! :P Not that I'm complaining, I'm more than happy to take the exp for the merc kill hahaha.
Oh sorry, I missed that. I quickly read over yours while doing it. :\

Guys, this is why I said to WAIT until I post the results of your actions.
Ok, so priority wise this turn we have to kill that Brigand and then try and protect Iremia from that Archer getting a shot at her this turn. Our best move might be to have Gotel and Sorma finish off the Brigand and then have Iremia fly just out of range of that Archer.
I'm more than happy to be dealing 10 damage...but how am I doing that? I have 2 Mag and the Fire tome has 5 Mt, right? Plus the merc had 1 Res.

As far as tactics go, here's what I'd do if I were actually playing (after swearing a lot about our complete lack of defensive units): Our Peg Knight should jump back to the forest and grab a vulnerary off of me or Boogeyman. The +20 avoid leaves her with a 52% chance to get smacked by the Bandit and a 65% chance to get hit by the Mercenary - just a 30ish% chance she'll die, and I don't think BTM will allow that so soon :P - and she'll counter the bandit into OHKO range. Next turn, she flies out of range of the archer, I'll step up and kill the Bandit and sit on the forest. My counters against the archer and Mercenary should leave them both in OHKO range for both of you guys to pick up a kill.

Thoughts? Alternate strategies?

Edit: Actually, with the buffs from the forest, even if she takes hits from both of them she'll be at 1 HP. Which is a bit taxing on our vulnerary situation, but I'm happy to donate mine. Ironically I have the highest Def out of all of us, so I think I'm the lowest priority target.
If we move to kill the Bandit this turn, that Merc has enough speed to double you, Boogeyman. He plus the Archer is enough to kill you.
can i attack and then move?
anyways I guess if I'm going to last hit things I'll let you guys move first.
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
BTM? Do mounted units get Canto in the Celestial Realm? Because that would be awesome.
Ah, sorry about replying so late. Classes and volunteering stuff.

Yes, canto is on. I didn't mention it because I wasn't 100% how people'd feel about it, but actually it looks like it'll be alright.

A quick talk about what canto is. It basically allows mounted units (cavaliers, peg. knights, wyvern riders, troubadours, nomads) extra movement if they use an action that isn't attacking and if they have enough movement left.

EX.
Jake the Cavalier has a total MOV of 7. He moves 2 spaces and decides to use a Vulnery to heal himself. Canto now allows him to move an extra 5 spaces before his turn ends.

Note that Canto does not allow you to attack again, nor can you use Canto if you decide to attack.

EX.
Sarah the Nomad has a total MOV of 7. She moves 5 spaces and attacks an enemy. Her turn will end immediately afterwards.
That Merc is a problem, I didn't notice he could double me. What do you propose Ink? I don't see a whole lot of options for dealing with him this turn.
TBH

I made the enemies with the idea that there would be 5 people playing.

:\

If you guys want, I can deus ex machinma some of the enemies.
Consider something like this

Mage moves four north, slams the merc.
Peg moves one north, carries mage, moves two north one east, drops mage west
Archer flees one south four west. Will be safe for a turn.

Next turn, peg delivery service protects archers.
Further actions depend on how the enemies pursue the split party.
Enemies are forced to chokepoint around the corner to bumrush mage+peg. Good spot to pop merc.
If they pursue archer, time bought to haul archer over wall
If they split up... well that would be too much to ask for I guess

I'm in a rush, so doublecheck me Sothesians!
You can't drop the unit on the same turn you rescue them. Just to let you know that. :P
Flying units do not get terrain advantage. While unit 1 cannot drop the unit it rescued, unit 2 can move next to unit one, take the unit from unit 1, and then drop the unit all in the same turn.

So, the mage can attack the merc. The pegasus can rescue the mage, and then the archer can move next to the pegasus, take the mage and drop him.
Congrats! Your Merc has arrived!
Will Ira be available for action this turn, or will she be entering the fray next?

Here's how one dumb option could play out from here, estimating from previous battles.
Archer hits Brigand for 6+, leaving him with 7-.
Mage hits Merc for 10, leaving 9.
Peg grabs Archer and gets on the other side of the wall.
Merc attacks Mage, Mage counters and kills Merc.
Brig attacks Mage, Mage counters and kills Brig.
Either Merc or Brig must miss, or Mage dies on second hit, probably.
Also: enemy Archer.

Probably best option: Everyone flee and stall for Jeigan Alabaster to get back. Or maybe your fighter.