Content question

Content question
Content question
First post ever, hopefully this wasn't answered somewhere else.
I was planning to maybe, possibly starting a forum adventure. The issue is, that the concept makes me lean towards occasional scenes of gore. Namely, I was thinking of picking up the "You are a cryptid" story suggested in adventure plops. And my home made cryptid's main problem is that he needs to eat bones. Which means potentially drawings of a boneless (animal) corpse. I mean, I could work around them, but I honestly would like to keep a horror element to it. Because that's a thing I like.
But what are the content limitations/ requirements/ etc of adventures being posted on this site?

TLDR: what can and can't I put in a forum adventure?
RE: Content question
Hey, welcome to the forum!

We don't have blanket rules on adventure content beyond "don't upset people/gross folks out."

In terms of gore/dead bodies, if you avoid highly realistic depictions (either visual or textual) it should be ok. Feel free to PM me example panels if you want to play it safe. Thanks for checking in first!
(03-30-2017, 06:28 PM)Wheat Wrote: »biggest potential issue i think is people unaware clicking through to something shocking/they're not ready for.

so I think if you put a warning at the start of the adventure it would probably be fine and in the title too. that way people who don't want it don't get surprised by it and the people who are okay with it/want to read it can still read it. If you don't want to go that route, use spoiler tags for individual gorey panels with a warning before that panel.

i think? schaz and others can weigh in on what a good comfort zone isin addition to prev post

I beyond planned to do this. I have mental illness, so I'm super keen on trigger warnings. But definitely thanks for reminding me. Nice to know it's unlikely I'll be shocked by things on here- I had a few problems in the past on other sites.
Very roughly, my personal metric as an admin for what's ok or not on the forum is "does propagating/normalising this content hurt a) specific members of this community and b) folks in a wider sense?"

When it comes to horror I'm personally a huge weenie so I'm no dang good at the stuff, but some people doubtless feel the same way about genres/literary styles I'm into. For horror particularly, I've got no beef with it, provided it's done thoughtfully to avoid the tropes/genre conventions rooted in ableism/racism/other "othering" of marginalised folks. While gore is going to be a thing some people don't want to look at it doesn't fall under those dodgy areas I mentioned, so if you give people enough warning so they can choose to avoid it it should be fine.

Bonus: Some adventures on here that are horror or have horror elements that come to mind are:
Superego, Nononightmare (image links in the thread broken on those sorry because Dropbox hates us), All Night Laundry, The Human Game, Lucidstuck, Alabaster, and Vox Mentis
(03-31-2017, 01:48 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Bonus: Some adventures on here that are horror or have horror elements that come to mind are:
Superego, Nononightmare (image links in the thread broken on those sorry because Dropbox hates us), All Night Laundry, The Human Game, Lucidstuck, Alabaster, and Vox Mentis

Thanks so much for the recommendations! Three of those are actually ones I personally started back in ye ole MSPA days- I've only caught up on All Night Laundry again so far, but gosh those others seem good too. I've got so much reading to do!