Polite but Irreverent Thread about Food

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Polite but Irreverent Thread about Food
RE: Muthafucking Food Talk (And bacon, maybe?)
Coffee had laxative effects on about a third of the population. We're not sure of the causative agent, but it's not caffeine.
How does that explain me wanting to do a number two if I were to drink a Coca Cola product (doesn't matter what versions as I've drunk almost every coke flavour they had to offer)? I mean Coke contains caffeine.
Because Coca-Cola is 99% all-natural, farmer-owned, delicious high-fructose corn syrup™ (industrial strength).
Fun fact the caffeine from the original coke was derived from the main ingridient the kola nut, an African nut containing caffeine that the natives would chew or something. I think that's kinda neat.

Duuuuuur I think I forgot what I was going to say in great and articulated detail but it touches on my favourite gossip subject to discuss with people and it's to do with the fact that Coca-cola uses the Coca plant in the manufacture of their cola products but excludes the kola nut from its formula. The kola nut has little to do with this but instead the coca plant since it naturally contains the powdery cocaine chemical in its leaves which must be removed before they use the plant to make coca-cola. So what I've been so curious about for over 5 years is.... What do they do with all this extracted cocaine? Are they ethical and moral enough that perhaps they safely dispose of it? Are they so unscrupulous that they distribute it through a 3rd party in underground black markets? Is their destructive behaviour restricted only to themselves and the higher-ups keep all this egregious quantity of cocaine for themselves to snort? We just don't know and this curiosity is legitimately eating away at me.
Coca Cola sells the extracted cocaine to a company called Mallinckrodt; Mallinckrodt uses the cocaine in the production of a topical anaesthetic called cocaine hydrochloride. It looks like it was used primarily in pediatric surgery back in the late eighties and early nineties, but I don't know if that's still the case. Cocaine hydrochloride is also a restricted substance, requiring a DEA permission form to order; cocaine itself however can legally only be purchased by the Mallinckrodt Group, and no other companies or entities. There has been speculation that Mallinckrodt doesn't use all of its supplies of cocaine in the production of cocaine hydrochloride - including accusations of illegally reselling it in ways that eventually reach the street - but I can't find any indication that anyone's ever taken that speculation seriously enough to investigate it. Wikipedia mentions only very briefly Mallinckrodt's relationship with cocaine or legal status and does not mention Coca Cola at all, although one of its cited sources (a New York Times article from 1988) does make the link clear (if you follow and read it). Mallinckrodt is otherwise best known for illegally and secretly dumping nuclear waste in and around water sources in the city of St Louis from the late forties to the early fifties; this was well before they received their DEA exemption to legally purchase and process cocaine in the eighties.

Fun Extra Fact: In doing the (really very cursory) googling it took to learn these things, one of the strings I used was 'medicinal uses for cocaine'; the top result was fucking Narconon. For those who don't already know (as you would not know if you visited their page; it's mentioned nowhere), Narconon is the drug rehabilitation arm of the Church of Scientology; aside from being philosophically and practically based on L Ron Hubbard's beliefs and writings, they also advocate a harmful and ineffective pseudoscientific niacin detoxification regimen and inpatient rehabilitation that primarily serves to indoctrinate addicts into converts. The article itself was a pretty inoffensive, if kinda fearmongering, overview of the history of cocaine in medicine, with lots of links to similar articles about other drugs and ways to contact Narconon and how to help yourself or others who are addicts (as well as how to recognize them). I'm really uncomfortable with this being the top result for anything drug related, Google :/

"Narconon's facilities have been the location of several deaths, some of which have been linked to a lack of trained medical personnel on site. There are no independently recognized studies that confirm the efficacy of the Narconon program.[32]" Thanks Wikipedia!
Holy fuck this is pure gold. Absolutely fucking crazy I love it. Thanks for the info digging, hahahaha.
Np, I'm glad you wondered out loud; I never would have known any of that otherwise
I could really go for a motherfucking steak and bacon pizza right about now. I can't wait to live on my own and just eat whenever and whatever. It's the life of solitude for me, yar-har-tee-heehee-hee..... I'm just going to singlemindedly obsess over that pizza until I buy like 3 for myself to eat. I'll eat 3 whole pizzas in one sitting!!!!
Bacon and cheese perogies are prepared often at my house.

That sentence subsequently made me hungry. See what this thread does to me?
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(10-14-2016, 06:14 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Bacon and cheese perogies are prepared often at my house.

That sentence subsequently made me hungry. See what this thread does to me?
"Perogies".... What Eastern European country does your familly hail from ICGC?

I must clarify that I am not responsible for anything that this thread may do to your appetite as I am a polyphagia sufferer and thus always and eternally hungry like a swarm of locusts. Plus I'm just a disgusting gluttonous freak.
I ate curry for like two days in a row for dinner. The vegetable curry was spicy as all hell but I've become more numb to spicy stuff over the years.
we aren't from anywhere remotely near Europe. we just decided to make perogies because it's a thing that's easy to do :v
I'm making pasta with balsamic vinegar and bacon fat and olive oil and dried parsley and it's going to be decadent.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Sounds decadent. Good on ya boy, ya dun good. Hopefully the mob of angry savages doesn't think you're too decadent when they come for you, I hear they eat their human flesh RAW.
(10-25-2016, 02:37 PM)Bobert Wrote: »Sounds decadent. Good on ya boy, ya dun good. Hopefully the mob of angry savages doesn't think you're too decadent when they come for you, I hear they eat their human flesh RAW.

As a counter proposal, I recommend they braise me, lightly salted with an apple in my mouth.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
the correct way for a sandwich to eat a human

SpoilerShow

anyone sauté any good humans today?
Nah, they're out of my price range...
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(10-25-2016, 10:06 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »
(10-25-2016, 02:37 PM)Bobert Wrote: »Sounds decadent. Good on ya boy, ya dun good. Hopefully the mob of angry savages doesn't think you're too decadent when they come for you, I hear they eat their human flesh RAW.

As a counter proposal, I recommend they braise me, lightly salted with an apple in my mouth.
They're savages my dude, what do they know about your classy cannibalistic dietary ideals?

I ate chicken steak or something similar to it yesterday for dinner, it had some really delicious gravy sauce on it. 9/10 would reccommmennddd.
I had spaghetti for dinner and also tried actual ginger beer for the first time. I don't remember if I mentioned buying a pack of four ginger beer bottles last month but I did, but they were diet cause I was watching out for my stepfathers weight (it was close to fathers day) but I think he assumed the old assumption of me covertly buying them for myself. Since I've got diabetes and all that crap. Kind of a shame that he only drank one bottle.
We had a lamb leg for dinner in the style of pulled pork. THERE WERE PURPLE CARROTS.
D O O F D O O F D O O F D O O F D
O O F D O O O D O O D O O O D D
O F D O O F F O O F F O O F F O O
F D O O F D D O F D D O F D D O O
D O O F D O O F D O O F D O O F F
O O F D O O O D O O F D O O O D D
O F D O O F F O O F D O O F F O O
F D O O F D D O F D O O F D D O O
D O O F D O O F D O O F D O O F F
O O F D O O O D O O F D O O O D D
O F D O O F F O O F D O O F F O O
F D O O F D D O O D O O F D D O O
D O O F D O O F F O O F D O O F F
O O F D O O F D D O F D O O F D D
O F D O O F D O O F D O O F D O O
F D O O F D O O O D O O O D O O O

Try to find the "Food"
I had a turkey burger for dinner. It was aight but the name is misleading because instead of bread there was a weird burrito bread thingy to wrap the patty with and it had cubed beetroot and ugh lettuce... Unique I'll say. UNIQUE.
I made a egg with bacon grease, and then put it on an english muffin with cheese. Very tasty!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
(11-01-2016, 11:15 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »I made a egg

[Image: latest?cb=20120704005440]
Spaghetti