Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
(08-23-2016, 10:22 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily: Tactical retreat, that monster looks like it could kill you in one or two hits, Derrick and Lucia are in the outpost and they have some armor for you, run as fast as you can, have the reapers cover you.

>Kira & Pechal: Shrouded death, distract the monster while emily retreats.
Fourthing
[Image: XRN7N5U.gif]
sup
(08-24-2016, 01:15 AM)Supeh Mario Wrote: »[quote='TerraTorment' pid='152452' dateline='1471990974']
>Emily: Tactical retreat, that monster looks like it could kill you in one or two hits, Derrick and Lucia are in the outpost and they have some armor for you, run as fast as you can, have the reapers cover you.

Fifthing.
THIS IS AN ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
ALL YOU WILL REMEMBER WHEN YOU LOOK AWAY IS A FUNNY ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
NOW GO AWAY
Someone here has to be the voice of reason or something.

Emily & Co: LEEEEERROOOOOYY JEENNNNKIIINNSSS

Okay, if this command actually happens and you get this far, you might want to immidiately exorcise while still at point blank. Please don't die. Running away is probably definitely certainly the best idea.
(08-24-2016, 04:11 AM)tornskippito Wrote: »Okay, if this command actually happens and you get this far, you might want to immediately exorcise while still at point blank. Please don't die. Running away is probably definitely certainly the best idea.

Exorcism requires a willing target. Otherwise it'd be kinda OP.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(08-24-2016, 02:34 AM)Username Wrote: »
(08-24-2016, 01:15 AM)Supeh Mario Wrote: »[quote='TerraTorment' pid='152452' dateline='1471990974']
>Emily: Tactical retreat, that monster looks like it could kill you in one or two hits, Derrick and Lucia are in the outpost and they have some armor for you, run as fast as you can, have the reapers cover you.

Fifthing.

Sixthing.
>1

Because 2 is counterproductive, if not logical and reasonable.

EDIT: looks like I was update-ninja'ed.

Seventh-ing the above post.
(08-24-2016, 05:36 AM)assignedAssailant Wrote: »
(08-24-2016, 02:34 AM)Username Wrote: »

Fifthing.

Sixthing.
I think this is eighthing now.
Yeah, the consensus is a good plan. Ninthing. When it comes time for combat, the tail is also a good target for crippling. It's clearly essential for balance.

I would like to point out that between air and earth magic Derrick and Lucia could just stop all vibrations and thus sound leaving them and/or the group.
For that matter, to what extent does dream logic negate the need for practice? And what sort of magic do these gloves enable, anyway, in terms of power, range, precision, options, and combining/weaving different elements? Can they do Wheel of Time type stuff (minus Spirit, which means no portals)? What are the limits? And have these questions already been asked/answered in streams/chat?

...Now I want to know if they could excavate Daesdyne's hoard of souls if we caused a cave-in on top of her... But there are less destructive ways to kill a blind, sharp-eared, dexterous giant in a cave. Especially if we can hit her from outside the entrance.
(08-25-2016, 03:02 AM)ForestGardener Wrote: »...Now I want to know if they could excavate Daesdyne's hoard of souls if we caused a cave-in on top of her... But there are less destructive ways to kill a blind, sharp-eared, dexterous giant in a cave. Especially if we can hit her from outside the entrance.

That makes me wonder, if the exit ever caves in, would Derrick and Lucia be able to create a hole in the caved-in wall to get out? Perhaps they could throw the huge boulders that block the way at Daesdyne's face. Certainly wouldn't be enough to defeat it, but it's something.
sup
(08-25-2016, 05:05 PM)Supeh Mario Wrote: »
(08-25-2016, 03:02 AM)ForestGardener Wrote: »...Now I want to know if they could excavate Daesdyne's hoard of souls if we caused a cave-in on top of her... But there are less destructive ways to kill a blind, sharp-eared, dexterous giant in a cave. Especially if we can hit her from outside the entrance.

That makes me wonder, if the exit ever caves in, would Derrick and Lucia be able to create a hole in the caved-in wall to get out? Perhaps they could throw the huge boulders that block the way at Daesdyne's face. Certainly wouldn't be enough to defeat it, but it's something.

Now this makes me wonder if we used about 10 creation fragments, could we draw a nuke? Would a nuke actually radiation poison? How much damage would it do?

ARGH HELP ME TOO MUCH THINKING
NOW GO AWAY
(08-27-2016, 02:17 AM)Username Wrote: »

Now this makes me wonder if we used about 10 creation fragments, could we draw a nuke? Would a nuke actually radiation poison? How much damage would it do?

I did some more thinking, and since Daesdyne has super hearing, would we be able to blow out her ears? I mean, if she has super hearing, it can't be that hard. About 120 decibels causes hearing damage in humans, and a grenade is about 190 decibels. So just lob a grenade near her head and she'd probably go deaf.
But this is a dream world, and I'm not sure if that would work.
NOW GO AWAY
(08-27-2016, 02:32 AM)Username Wrote: »I did some more thinking, and since Daesdyne has super hearing, would we be able to blow out her ears? I mean, if she has super hearing, it can't be that hard. About 120 decibels causes hearing damage in humans, and a grenade is about 190 decibels. So just lob a grenade near her head and she'd probably go deaf.

That's sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Might as well try when we're Derrick again.
sup
(08-27-2016, 04:02 AM)Supeh Mario Wrote: »
(08-27-2016, 02:32 AM)Username Wrote: »
(08-27-2016, 02:17 AM)Username Wrote: »

I did some more thinking, and since Daesdyne has super hearing, would we be able to blow out her ears? I mean, if she has super hearing, it can't be that hard. About 120 decibels causes hearing damage in humans, and a grenade is about 190 decibels. So just lob a grenade near her head and she'd probably go deaf.

That's sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Might as well try when we're Derrick again.

It's a good plan, I'd just go for something bigger for more of a chance of the plan to work.
Perhaps the thread would be easier to view if you would cut a few of the top layers of quotes.
Here's some stuff i've been making

SpoilerShow

sets
SpoilerShow
Those Lucia hands movements are....suggestive XD Like all of em!

Also, for the record, as someone who loves bionic eyes and would rip his own eye out IN A HEARTBEAT to get one, that eye is pretty sweet. Good job on the animation, AA and Good job on the overall outfit TT.
=>

[Image: smPSaA3.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: HyJAkpJ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: FQEbyHS.png]

Show ChatlogShow
I think we're getting the hint to fight it from IP.

It's kind of hard to tell whether the stone blocks are being held by tiny hands, or if the limbs go directly into the stone. We'd probably have an easier time if we can disarm it first, either figuratively or literally.

It also looks like it has huge blind spots behind it and to its side, albeit heavily armored. Perhaps we can make it dizzy?
I recommend that our first action be something that gives us an advantage to start off with. As an example: in the IRC we were talking about using the gloves to make a hole for Miander to fall into, and then hitting Miander with a bunch of ranged attacks from a safe distance. If you can think of any plans like that please share them!

Aside from that, ideally we can hit Miander hard enough to know that we're not pushovers and make Miander actually listen to us. Then we could use that as an opening to either recruit Miander into making Lomam a nicer place like Auros, or letting Emily use Exorcise. Either option would be a win in my book. If Miander is too strong to risk betrayal we should go for the Exorcism though, or invite him into the party before the death blow to get an exquisite soul.

We gotta turn that pangolin into a PAINgolin.

Also we should have Derrick say hi to Ahn. That's just polite.
>Derrick: say hi to Ahn
>Derrrick: cast thunder + earth to cause a miniature earthquake under miander's feet, knocking him over, show him your power, the guardians of lomam are not to be trifled with.
>Lucia: cast thunder + fire = burnshock an electric fireball, make sure to keep your distance

>Everyone: make sure to keep your distance if possible, keep away from those pillar arms

these will hopefully show our power to miander, and that we are not to be trifled with

I believe fighting from a distance is our best course of action
>Do the kill-y thing!

I contributed!
Wouldn't it be better to get Reggie over here and have him check the stats on this guy so we know what we're getting into before diving into a steaming pile of possible death? I mean, after all, we only know its name. It could over-power the group if we're not careful
(08-29-2016, 11:46 PM)RoyalADK Wrote: »Wouldn't it be better to get Reggie over here and have him check the stats on this guy so we know what we're getting into before diving into a steaming pile of possible death? I mean, after all, we only know its name. It could over-power the group if we're not careful

Good observation. Yeah, ideally they would have brought Reggie and Bambino with them. I'm not sure there's enough time for them to get here though, and if there isn't and we waste a turn checking then we could be in some deep stuff.

It's why I wholeheartedly recommend we stack the odds in our favor before Miander can even make a move. We don't actually know how strong/fast/smart/tanky Miander actually is.
We need to disable him ASAP. What do we have that can stun-lock? The way he speaks unnerves me, he's confident. Not in a cocky, arrogant way that proves someone's weak but thinks they're strong. He's confident in the way of someone who has a lot of experience being the one who comes out on top against other heavy-hitters.

He's either goading us to attack because he has an ability that's bad for us if we do, or he honestly just wants to scrap.
(08-30-2016, 02:02 AM)Kayriel Wrote: »We need to disable him ASAP. What do we have that can stun-lock? The way he speaks unnerves me, he's confident. Not in a cocky, arrogant way that proves someone's weak but thinks they're strong. He's confident in the way of someone who has a lot of experience being the one who comes out on top against other heavy-hitters.

He's either goading us to attack because he has an ability that's bad for us if we do, or he honestly just wants to scrap.

Well, there's spin to win that can stun, and the taser knifegun if they have it with them.

I'm also gonna actually make a command now.

>Derrick: You and Lucia can use your gloves to make a hole and then flip Miander into it. Then you could take a safe distance and start using ranged attacks without fear of reprisal. If that doesn't work stun Miander and go for the eyes and other disabling spots. Also, you should say hi to Ahn and her new associate once you have a moment. It pays to be polite.