Fridge Frenzy (FINISHED; Sleepy, earthexe, Wheat and Sruixan[x2] Win!)

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
In this game, you will play as a food (of your choice) trying to fulfil your dream of leaving the fridge. You've lived in here for so long, you wonder if you had ever felt the freedom of The Outside, or merely dreamed it.

Your idle life was interrupted by the news of the top shelves: an old Gouda was brutally murdered, with a receipt at their body saying the words "ONLY ONE CAN REACH THE OUTSIDE." This caused quite a panic, until the Mayor gathered everyone up.

"There is no need for alarm. This cheese was clearly delusional and crooked and wanted to mess with our mighty town. If they think a suicide can-"

And that's when the light went out, plunging the fridge in a world of darkness.

THE RULES:
1. PM me the name of any food. Using that, I will create your flavour and role.
2. Every once and a while, there will be a vote to select someone to kill. Everyone alive gets one vote. Votes must be public, clearly indicated and preferably in bold. I will post a "cut-off" before I update, after which any votes are ignored ((and any edited posts that were edited afterwards as well)).
2b. When I make the update, those who have the most votes are killed. All those who have the least votes have a chance of getting an item, because everyone loves them so much.
3. Any activatable items can be activated either publicly (in thread) or secretly (through PM or the provided QuickTopic). Activatables will always perform in order of activation.
4. The game will end when all surviving foods become the winners.

There is no limit to the number of players who can join, and the more who join the more fun it will be.

EDIT: Sign-ups are now closed. Sorry, better luck next time.

CAST LIST:
1. Shredded - MEAT PASTA SAUCE overdosed VP3
2. earthexe - BIG OL CANTALOUPE reached "The End" VP8.5
3. a52 - EASY ON THE MAYONNAISE lynched VP3
4. (ICan'tGive)Credit - HUNDRED THOUSAND DEGREE KEY-LIME PIE lynched VP2
5. Schazer - Tolerant Turmeric-scented Cinnamon-scented Pottle of Kimchi overdosed VP5
6. Wheat - Wheat was a Tolerant Oregono-Scented PACK OF SHROOMS died by the dice VP8
7. Sruixian - Sruixan was a Tolerant Jar of Mango Chutney Underdosed (Very Happy) VP5
8. Robust Laser - Visions of the Past SODA lynched VP3
9. SeaWyrm - ENERGY DRINK body discovered VP3
10. Gatr - Lemongrass-scented SIMPLY LEMONADE lynched VP2
11. Mirdini - SMØRREBRØD explodified VP2
12. Sleepy - Sea Salt-scented Dill-scented HOT WING reached "The End" VP8.5
13. Qwerx3 - DINNER ROLL woke to the Apocolypse VP ~18396000
RE: Fridge Frenzy
Alright! Our first four players have sent in their foods, and I'm already getting some ideas!

I'm not quite sure when this will start, but I would like to get at least 10 people...
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Wow! 10 already and it hasn't even been 24 hours! I am super pumped!

But can we get another 10 foods in the fridge?
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Loather you should consider becoming one with the fridge
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Alright, it looks like no one else is joining, but just in case I will give three more days for late contestants.

((That would be Monday, or maybe Tuesday depending on where you are rn?))
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm going to join SOON

but not tonight because I'm dead tired and doing laundry nevertheless
Sweet! Looking forward to it.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I'm actually going to keep on accepting new recruits (seeing as I am not done all of them anyway because I'm a lazy bum) so don't hesitate to join this silly game!

We have ~12 so far and you could be the 13th. Or 20th, because I'm optimistic.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
HEY ALL READING THIS SENTENCE:

The game is going to start within a couple days. If you want to join, do so now, this is your last chance. May I just say I have a lot of fun roles waiting to fuck with everyone and let this voting game leave its mark. My next post will be after I have PM'ed all roles out, and will announce the start of the game!

At least, probably.

Anyway, HYPE!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Just so you know, the ludum dare is gonna have me incapacitated for like the entire weekend, so, uh, there's that
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(08-26-2016, 03:01 AM)earthexe Wrote: »Just so you know, the ludum dare is gonna have me incapacitated for like the entire weekend, so, uh, there's that

Alright, how about the game starts Monday then.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Sure, that's cool.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
RE: Fridge Frenzy (13/13, Pregame Fun [Still Starts on Monday])
Although the game starts Monday, I'm going to start sending out PMs containing a link to your quick topic (a message board).

I've decided that using PMs for the rest of the game won't be very organized and seeing as how much shenanigans are going on at all times it's better this way.

Please use them to use items, perform secret abilities, and ask questions about your role or whatever.

I will also use the quick topics to inform you of secret messages / items you receive, results of your actions, statuses, ect.

The Game will officially start in ~24 hours.

---

PREGAME SPECIAL VOTE:
Each voting phase, an advance package containing the item of the next day will be given to the elected individual. So, this vote will see who will get the advance Voting Phase 1 item!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
You must be registered to view this content.
All PMs with QT's have been sent out! If you didn't get your PM, or your QT leads to somewhere wrong and incorrect, pass it along.

----

ELECTION VOTALS:

earthexe (1) - Wheat (#15)
dedicated abstinence (1) - Shredded (#16)
abstaining (11) - earthexe, a52, Credit, Schazer, Sruixian, Robust Laser, SeaWyrm, Gatr, Mirdini, Sleepy, Querx3
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Wheat gets it, because then he will reap the karmic rewards of his own something something.
Actually, you should all for serious give it to me.
You (probably) won't regret it if you do.
Gouda had never been the most sociable sort, but their sudden demise still came as a shock. After all, we'd had a good working relationship from time to time. Despite the mayo-r's platitudes, it seemed obvious that this was no self-inflicted spoilage—and the power cut only confirmed my suspicions.

Something was rotten in the state of Kenmore.
PRIZE VOTING:

Wheat (1) - Seawyrm (#18)
Gatr (1) - Gatr (#24)
abstaining (9) - earthexe, a52, Credit, Schazer, Sruixian, Robust Laser, Mirdini, Sleepy, Querx3
Sig:
SpoilerShow
time to reinstate my long-standing tradition of giving myself items

elect: Gatr
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
vote me
Item? Item.

vote: qwerx3
I WONDER WHO WILL GET THE ITEM?:

Wheat (1) - Seawyrm (#18)
Gatr (1) - Gatr (#24)
a52 (1) - a52 (#25)
querx3 (1) - querx3 (#26)
abstaining (7) - earthexe, Credit, Schazer, Sruixian, Robust Laser, Mirdini, Sleepy

---

The Item will be awarded in ~5 hours. The game will start in ~5 hours.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I didn't trust any of the greedy foods raring to get their mitts on the mysterious wrapper that'd showed up on Shelf 2. Wasn't about to follow their lead and try to grab it for myself, either. Nah, I knew just the comestible for the job.

I'd just have to hope someone else'd also see sense and Elect: Sruixan.
If this item is a decapitation device, what does it do to foodstuffs without heads? Or, put another way, let's keep it away from the asparagus, shall we?

Elect: Sruixan, because anything else would be wrong after that last set of votals...