Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
>Emily: Take a closer look at the area around the needle WITHOUT stepping on it, it looks like there is an outline of what may be trapdoor or some other horribleness.
i'm taking a leap of faith with this command...

>both: before doing anything, look up, is there anything hanging from the trees branches?

>Both: notice the square on the ground, stand on it and pull the needle, stay alert and watch what happens, if there's a falling object up there, pull the needle and quickly get away.

(i know this sounds suicidal, but have faith in me, if this goes wrong i'll fall into eternal dishonor)
(07-05-2016, 03:05 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »i'm taking a leap of faith with this command...

>Azriel: pick up the needle, try to not touch the ground, try to quickly get away from it.

Couldn't we just have him make an explosion to move the needle?
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
> Kids + conjurations: Take a look around, try to see if the thread is connected anywhere else, this looks like a trap.
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
On the assumption that this is a net- or tangle-based ensnarement trap, I support moving the needle and having Azriel burn whoever is trapped free (which may be Azriel).

Edit: Somehow, I fooled myself into thinking we had to act now. We don't. Let us instead gather more information. Observe before acting. Make our assumptions fewer and better informed.
(07-05-2016, 03:05 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »i'm taking a leap of faith with this command...

>Both: notice the square on the ground, stand on it and pull the needle, stay alert and watch what happens.

(i know this sounds suicidal, but have faith in me, if this goes wrong i'll fall into eternal dishonor)

This sounds completely unnecessary. There is no reason that we have to take the needle now, nor any evidence that I know of to show that it is a good idea. I do not want to blindly test our luck on a death trap in what is supposed to be the hardest land of them all.

What we can do right now, and SHOULD do right now, is gather information. I wanted the kids to take a step back while they got a more general awareness of their surroundings in case the trap had a time delayed activation. If it was then it could save their life, and if it was not then it would not cost us anything.

After that, assuming nothing of importance goes on, we can move onto looking at the trap proper. After seeing what information we can glean from it we can use the information that we get for deciding on what to do to pass or disarm this trap.

We are not yet at the point where we require blind faith, nor is it good for us to do so when we have not truly attempted the problem ourselves.
I don't know what to do. I'm worried this trap will result in an instant kill. Wouldn't be the first time. In fact, I think IP said it would.
Okay, all this is getting us nowhere... my revised v2.0 theory is that the indentation is actually from a cage that falls on the spot (which Azriel may not be able to burn through) and that triggering the trap might also alert Audrey.

So considering the only foreseable danger to ignoring it are the OTHER traps up ahead, i vote we proceed with caution :I

>Everyone: Continue ahead but avoid the area around the tree with the flattened indentation in the ground and watch-out for trip-wires and razor-wires and watch your step in general.
(07-05-2016, 03:05 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>both: before doing anything, look up, is there anything hanging from the trees branches?

Seconding.

I think it is a cage like people have suggested. But I think that anyone who is outside of the cage when the trap happens will be killed instantly, so should we risk getting them all trapped in there?
Both: notice the square on the ground, stand on it and pull the needle, stay alert and watch what happens, if there's a falling object up there, pull the needle and quickly get away

[Image: SBbNvRh.png]

You both move towards the needle on the ground.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: uZ75KEq.png]

Upon taking the needle, Lucas opens up a secret pitfall hole!

[Image: tdMHyMu.gif]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: M7x8zLC.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: D65ngHG.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 2zuYDe6.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Audrey has shown herself. She is extremely fast and ruthless. Fleeing is not an option.

[Image: cF82Xju.png]

Show ChatlogShow

You can tell Lucas is nervous, you don't have a good feeling about this.
Obvious boss is obvious. Fighting in a situation like this would be really difficult, and staying still would be a death sentence.
I cast my vote for immediate pacification!

>Emily: Start talking, catch her off guard. Try to pacify her!
~ Also known as TheAirborneTophat
Wow, she's creepy. Same as every monster I guess.
>Start off with the standard DnD party format, make sure you have room to maneuver, keep the Tank (Which would be Emily) up front, DPS (In this case, Lucas) right behind them, ready an action for a counter attack, keep your supports and heals at the ready (Azzy and Piper respectively).

Edit: Clarification.
(07-05-2016, 07:23 PM)juddy555 Wrote: »Wow, she's creepy. Same as every monster I guess.
>Start off with the standard DnD party format, make sure you have room to maneuver, keep the Tank (Which would be Emily) up front, DPS (In this case, Lucas) right behind them, ready an action for a counter attack, keep your supports and heals at the ready (Azzy and Piper respectively).

Edit: Clarification.

I think Azriel is our main DPS. IIRC he currently hits harder than Lucas. He's also capable of attacking from mid-range.

> Emily: Be ready to block with your axe should she attack. Can't help anyone if you're dead.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Lucas: Pick up the doll and tell Audrey how sloppy her handiwork is and make a remark about how she's feeling empty inside

[Image: cNEeDsa.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: nEzEGBX.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: gcEIWBW.png]

Audrey zips over to you almost instantly. It took everything you had not to flinch...

Show ChatlogShow

1. Lucas/Azriel quickly try something.
2. Emily/Piper quickly try something.
3. Try your best to keep stalling.
i did not expect a monster open to criticism Whoa

ip is just full of surprises
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
For those that aren't aware, things are happening in the stream. Come by if you want to talk with everybody.

https://www.twitch.tv/intrepidpioneer
> Lucas: Feel your way through he conversation, suggest obvious things like
1) Stitching in an X shape will naturally have more strength, and keep it simple.
2) You are stitching too close to the edges and the material is not resistant enough, either get more resistant material like actual cloth fabric or try folding the material at the edges so it’d be double the thickness
3) The wet stuffing keeps the material wet which hardly makes it durable.
Then mention other options such as trying different materials for stuffing (there’s a ton of hair growing right off the ground, which would be good, dry stuffing), different materials (cotton, wool, etc).

And this is just off the top of your head, with a bit of time to review this matter, you could give her all kinds of helpful advice *Depending on how the conversation goes*, you could mention you have a friend who’s an expert and not only sewing, but also knitting and crocheting, and who and could probably get you magazines with professional tips and tutorials.
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(07-05-2016, 10:25 PM)Panur Wrote: »> Lucas: Feel your way through he conversation, suggest obvious things like
1) Stitching in an X shape will naturally have more strength, and keep it simple.
2) You are stitching too close to the edges and the material is not resistant enough, either get more resistant material like actual cloth fabric or try folding the material at the edges so it’d be double the thickness
3) The wet stuffing keeps the material wet which hardly makes it durable.
Then mention other options such as trying different materials for stuffing (there’s a ton of hair growing right off the ground, which would be good, dry stuffing), different materials (cotton, wool, etc).

And this is just off the top of your head, with a bit of time to review this matter, you could give her all kinds of helpful advice *Depending on how the conversation goes*, you could mention you have a friend who’s an expert and not only sewing, but also knitting and crocheting, and who and could probably get you magazines with professional tips and tutorials.

Seconding. I really can't think of anything else, at least I figured out that trap.
thirding, if this is a boss monster then it can be pacified. we could really use someone who knows the lay of the land as well as be a decent fighter. she said she was open to criticism so at least that's something.
>keep hostility to a minimum: Audrey reacted passively to Lucas's blatant attack on her (their?) handiwork, which needs no explanation.
>Lucas: have an honest discussion with the monster. If worst comes to worst, you still have Azriel, the damage output powerhouse, with you.
>Keep giving tips and try to make nice with the creepy-ass doll maker.
Throwing my vote on the >3. Pile
If one of the two were going to try something, I'd say Piper and Emily. But personally, I think Lucas has this with his critique thing.

>3 for me
>3, please do not confuse with >:3

We probably can't beat this probably-boss with only these two here without some serious schenanigans. I agree with the others, let's try to keep lucas going.
I have finally caught up with this story again! Only a week after reading the story to date my tablet was stolen. But I am back now and ready to suggest