Post making contest 3.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 3.0
RE: Post making contest
(06-26-2016, 03:54 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »
The next post will contain the word "lubrication".
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
Lubrication

Passes rules 1, 4, and 5

(06-26-2016, 03:58 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »
Lubrication

Passes 1 and 2.
lies
damned lies
statistics
(06-26-2016, 08:12 AM)Schazer Wrote: »lies

(06-26-2016, 08:13 AM)Schazer Wrote: »damned lies

(06-26-2016, 08:13 AM)Schazer Wrote: »statistics

All pass 2.
This is update #166.

I have spent the vast majority of today wrangling with my laptop, with a good three hours where I was very concerned my hard drive was dying, but I am pleased to announce that I have finally figured out what to do in order to make it behave - in fact, it's been performing better in the last half hour than it has in months, quite substantially so. Here's what I have to do:

1. Upon booting up and logging in, immediately stop the "Get Windows 10" service.
  2. Then, when it runs, immediately stop the Windows Update service.
  3. That's it - that's all there is to it.
This works. I do not know why it works. This is irritating. There is the apparent possibility that I have fallen victim to a known issue with Windows Update that does apparently manifest with the CPU-hogging and constant freezing symptoms I have noted, but I cannot perform the recommended fix because it involves installing a Windows Update. Which I cannot do. Because my Windows Update functionality is broken. But can be fixed. With a Windows Update. That I have to install. With the Windows Update service. Which is broken.

...you know, I think I might have finally been persuaded to upgrade to Windows 10...

End of message.
(06-26-2016, 09:41 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #166.

I have spent the vast majority of today wrangling with my laptop, with a good three hours where I was very concerned my hard drive was dying, but I am pleased to announce that I have finally figured out what to do in order to make it behave - in fact, it's been performing better in the last half hour than it has in months, quite substantially so. Here's what I have to do:

1. Upon booting up and logging in, immediately stop the "Get Windows 10" service.
  2. Then, when it runs, immediately stop the Windows Update service.
  3. That's it - that's all there is to it.
This works. I do not know why it works. This is irritating. There is the apparent possibility that I have fallen victim to a known issue with Windows Update that does apparently manifest with the CPU-hogging and constant freezing symptoms I have noted, but I cannot perform the recommended fix because it involves installing a Windows Update. Which I cannot do. Because my Windows Update functionality is broken. But can be fixed. With a Windows Update. That I have to install. With the Windows Update service. Which is broken.

...you know, I think I might have finally been persuaded to upgrade to Windows 10...

End of message.

passes 2
We are approaching the twilight of Day 6 at the post making contest

The post well is running dry, the Space Consortium's arms extended in welcome begin to tremble with exertion

Who will save us
(06-27-2016, 12:13 AM)Wheat Wrote: »If you think about it star fox is really unrealistic. If you were to put a bunch of dogs in space ships they would just crash & blow up

(06-27-2016, 12:22 AM)Schazer Wrote: »We are approaching the twilight of Day 6 at the post making contest

The post well is running dry, the Space Consortium's arms extended in welcome begin to tremble with exertion

Who will save us

Both pass 2
The next post will be made on June 27th, Eastern Daylight Time.
(06-27-2016, 03:13 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »The next post will be made on June 27th, Eastern Daylight Time.

Passes rules 1 and 4.
[Image: FlGFe7V.png]
Specifically, Self-Lubrication.

You're welcome for this wonderful list of AO3 tags to use for all your fanfics as often as possible.
(06-27-2016, 04:13 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »The next post will contain the word "lubrication".

Passes 1, 2 and 4!

(06-27-2016, 04:15 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »[Image: FlGFe7V.png]
Specifically, Self-Lubrication.

You're welcome for this wonderful list of AO3 tags to use for all your fanfics as often as possible.

Passes 1 and 2.
UTC-4 (tempura)
UTC-4 (fremp)
(06-27-2016, 07:40 AM)Schazer Wrote: »UTC-4 (tempura)

passes 2

(06-27-2016, 07:40 AM)Schazer Wrote: »UTC-4 (fremp)

passes 2 and 3
So it seems to me we're never gonna escape this particular ruleset unless we actually make an effort to solve it. For that reason I am prepared to forego my flawless record and post some things and maybe we can figure this out.
(06-27-2016, 09:32 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »So it seems to me we're never gonna escape this particular ruleset unless we actually make an effort to solve it. For that reason I am prepared to forego my flawless record and post some things and maybe we can figure this out.

This post passes rule 1.

and rule 2.
This has to be a sign.
The next post will contain the letter 'e' in it at least once.
(06-27-2016, 09:46 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »This has to be a sign.

Passes rules 1 and 2 and 3

(06-27-2016, 09:53 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »The next post will contain the letter 'e' in it at least once.

Passes rules 1 and 2.
The next post will have more emoticons than this post.