Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
Oh, hello there. There's a link on the first post of this thread to a place where we're talking about suggestions, if you haven't looked already.
(06-10-2016, 08:59 PM)Princezz Wrote: »Oh, hello there. There's a link on the first post of this thread to a place where we're talking about suggestions, if you haven't looked already.
Oh? Could you explain, please?
(06-10-2016, 09:09 PM)Ce54Ry Wrote: »
(06-10-2016, 08:59 PM)Princezz Wrote: »Oh, hello there. There's a link on the first post of this thread to a place where we're talking about suggestions, if you haven't looked already.
Oh? Could you explain, please?

Here:

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channe...rg-irc.net

It's a chat place where most of us like to talk about what we'd like to suggest the characters do.
(06-10-2016, 08:38 PM)Ce54Ry Wrote: »Hello, everyone!

Webe GameLord! ^^
Glad to see you could find your way back to the fold my brother. Welcome back to the Dark Carnival.
> Derrick: Draw a bottle of fruit juice and a pair of boxing gloves. Fuse them to make FRUIT PUNCH.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
>Derrick: Unequip your armor and weapon, empty your inventory onto the floor, and get going on mixing things up!
\(0v0)/
(06-10-2016, 09:16 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »
(06-10-2016, 08:38 PM)Ce54Ry Wrote: »Hello, everyone!

Webe GameLord! ^^
Glad to see you could find your way back to the fold my brother. Welcome back to the Dark Carnival.
Oh gee, thanks for warm welcome! I though everybody already forgot about me. xD
(06-10-2016, 08:38 PM)Ce54Ry Wrote: »By the way, as far as I'd love to verbally kick ass of faux!Alice, we need to play it safe. She is too smart and manipulative not to know something's going wrong with Derrick, if he suddenly gets suspicious and starts asking uneasy questions. That may backfire us ugly - she can either mess something up in "real" world in return, or in the "lucid" one. The best background for such Phoenix Wright-esque fight should be one of their dates, IMO. That would give Derrick at least a small reason to start asking about Alice more.

I was under the impression that the idea was to pretend that he got a note saying she couldn't stay here and that would be the excuse. In any case, I'm conflicted about this plan too, but I'm erring on the side of doing it because it's Reggie suggesting it.
>Derrick: Orange juice gun, do it for the children. Really, do it to give OJ to the children, they'd probably appreciate it.
(06-10-2016, 09:56 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: Orange juice gun, do it for the children. Really, do it to give OJ to the children, they'd probably appreciate it.

Seconding.

>Derrick: Also, ask Reggie to use sneak-peek to find out how you can turn your rifle into a LIGHTNING GUN which can also be set to non-lethal stun, as-well as other non-lethal item combinations.
(06-10-2016, 09:56 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: Orange juice gun, do it for the children. Really, do it to give OJ to the children, they'd probably appreciate it.
You know how Hermes could shoot hope out of something if he had the right medium? I think we may be able to combine a lamp or something with the gun to make something suitable for that. We could combine the water gun with the OJ and the lamp so we get both.

Anyway, the stuff I wanted to make:

>Draw a police baton, a knife a shoulder bag and a rose.
Also, iP, question - is it possible to "extract" the effect from the item, so it could be applied to another one?
(06-10-2016, 10:13 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
You know how Hermes could shoot hope out of something if he had the right medium? I think we may be able to combine a lamp or something with the gun to make something suitable for that. We could combine the water gun with the OJ and the lamp so we get both.

Anyway, the stuff I wanted to make:

>Draw a police baton and a shoulder bag.

Sorry, I'm just incredibly excited that I can actually make one of the wacky things I want, and can't really think of much else. Otherwise I'd be making defensive equipment as my first priority.

Btw, I thought of a (in my opinion) neat idea to make a bunch of good materials and combine them together into one super material. Then we can take that super material and combine it across equipment for a better result. I'm thinking of calling the final material either Derricium or Lucidite.
(06-10-2016, 10:02 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Derrick: Also, ask Reggie to use sneak-peek to find out how you can turn your rifle into a LIGHTNING GUN which can also be set to non-lethal stun, as-well as other non-lethal item combinations.

Sneak-peek lets Reggie see what items make up something that Derrick has already made, not item ideas.
This will probably make a lightning gun. Or it will make a gun that can take in and store electricity and then maybe infuse bullets with it or something.

>Create a battery and a small lightning rod and combine them with a rifle.
First, that BCS box was very high on my Lucidstuck priority list. Yay! Every dreamer should have and fill one!

Some things from the previous Q&A:
Someone asked if we could combine the Stone of Eternity with a guitar and fight with the power of rock. iP said yes, but it would be heavy. He also said yes to bashing enemies over the head with a stone guitar.

I asked if we could make fictional items and materials with BCS and Black Precision, within reason, and iP said yes. This opens up the options.

Someone asked if we could make something that would let other dreamers replicate Derrick's item combo ability. iP not only said yes, but told us how: black box + Derrick moon shirt + Bambino hair + Reggie feather. Responding to another question, iP said we could make a Reggie feather (or an equivalent item for the other attendants) with creation stone.

intrepidPioneer Wrote:I have to respond with the monsters in a way that balances the dreamers abilities or the adventure would be a cake walk.

In light of that, there is a discussion we should have, a balance we must strike. We could, for example, draw some adamantium. Perhaps even Dwarf Fortress adamantium, which has about the density of LotR mithril or styrofoam. We could make power armor. Out of the adamantium. This is an extreme example, to which iP would respond with an extreme monster upgrade.

We can give them overpowered gear, but is it a good idea? We would then be entirely reliant on the stat boost the gear provides, which we cannot always count on. I think it is better to wait until the Guardians are capable in their own right before giving them endgame equipment. I am not saying we should not upgrade, just that we should not upgrade too far, too fast. Being clever is better at this point.

In the meantime,
>Draw a black box and a Reggie feather. Ask Bambino for a tuft of his fur, take one of your shirts from the closet, and combine the four.
>Draw a mirror.
(06-11-2016, 01:25 AM)ForestGardener Wrote: »>Draw a black box and a Reggie feather. Ask Bambino for a tuft of his fur, take one of your shirts from the closet, and combine the four.
We have plenty of boxes around the house. I also think we may need to draw fur ourselves rather than ask bambino for some.
=>

[Image: BFyTcOQ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: qAQPXrt.png]

You walk up to your wardrobe. This is where you keep your stash of CREATION FRAGMENTS. You told Narren to watch for anyone messing around over here as well.

[Image: gPf88Pu.png]

You reveal your mountain-like stash. You spent a while harvesting them up, but it was well worth it.

[Image: 68tN8OZ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: ZQnhc5h.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: BmbATaM.png]

You re-enter and give Derrick back the box and take two out for yourself.

[Image: ZtcXIUn.png]

[Image: bYFgBFr.png]

Show ChatlogShow
>Derrick: Maybe you guys should take this to a deeper level. That way you could have more time for crafting stuff, and you would have plenty of time to train and hang out together.
(06-11-2016, 10:59 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: Maybe you guys should take this to a deeper level. That way you could have more time for crafting stuff, and you would have plenty of time to train and hang out together.

Seconding MA's motion for Derrick and Lucia to take their relationship to another level ^^
(06-11-2016, 10:59 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: Maybe you guys should take this to a deeper level. That way you could have more time for crafting stuff, and you would have plenty of time to train and hang out together.

Seconding.

Also resuggesting my thing from before > Derrick: Draw a bottle of fruit juice and a pair of boxing gloves. Fuse them to make FRUIT PUNCH.

Fourthed.

And also seconding/reiterating all the unused commands from before this update. I wasn't around for the previous combo sessions; this is fun!
>Make the time travelers satchel again!
>In fact, make a whole time travelers set since you never use your guns anyway.
(06-12-2016, 04:42 AM)juddy555 Wrote: »>Make the time travelers satchel again!
>In fact, make a whole time travelers set since you never use your guns anyway.

Lets not. That much time travel stuff floating around we're gonna end up with serious shenanigans.
(06-12-2016, 04:59 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Lets not. That much time travel stuff floating around we're gonna end up with serious shenanigans.

How is this a bad thing? :D
(06-12-2016, 05:11 AM)tornskippito Wrote: »
(06-12-2016, 04:59 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Lets not. That much time travel stuff floating around we're gonna end up with serious shenanigans.

How is this a bad thing? :D

Well with a land full of murderers, a certified psychopath with a brother complex, and a possible traitor in our midst I'd say it would be a very bad thing.