Post making contest 2.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 2.0
RE: Post making contest
q aaaaaaaaaa
(05-29-2016, 10:09 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »
(05-29-2016, 09:58 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Thing to help people escape really fast if there's a problem and everything is on fire so they decide not to go to space.

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, annoyingly.

Argh, this is even more infuriating than I thought it was! When I copied it into the testing script, I figured it would pass rule 1, but it told me it didn't, so I checked with a trusted source and it too say it didn't, but an even more trustworthy source tells me it does. I know for a fact that these two sources use two slightly different definitions of the criterion behind rule 1, so I think this is a legitimate edge case that I am too drained to properly and discreetly deal with.
(05-29-2016, 10:32 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »
(05-29-2016, 09:58 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Thing to help people escape really fast if there's a problem and everything is on fire so they decide not to go to space.

Argh, this is even more infuriating than I thought it was! When I copied it into the testing script, I figured it would pass rule 1, but it told me it didn't, so I checked with a trusted source and it too say it didn't, but an even more trustworthy source tells me it does. I know for a fact that these two sources use two slightly different definitions of the criterion behind rule 1, so I think this is a legitimate edge case that I am too drained to properly and discreetly deal with.

Sorry Sruix. :(

It's sort of funny that this is such an edge case because I thought it would be the clearest possible pass for what I thought was going on.
goer
q aaaaaaaaaa
(05-29-2016, 10:14 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »Can I know I known now?

This post breaks rule 5!

(05-29-2016, 10:14 PM)Schazer Wrote: »Splendid

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 10:32 PM)Akumu Wrote: »q aaaaaaaaaa

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 10:34 PM)Wheat Wrote: »sly c anth r opies

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 10:38 PM)Akumu Wrote: »

Sorry Sruix. :(

It's sort of funny that this is such an edge case because I thought it would be the clearest possible pass for what I thought was going on.

You'd really think so, wouldn't you? It's so bloody irritating. This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 10:42 PM)Akumu Wrote: »goer

This post breaks rules 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 10:42 PM)Akumu Wrote: »q aaaaaaaaaa

EDIT: One more judgement before bed!
Thing to help people leave really fast if there's a problem and everything is on fire so they decide not to go to space.
aaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaa
gear
(05-29-2016, 10:46 PM)Akumu Wrote: »Thing to help people leave really fast if there's a problem and everything is on fire so they decide not to go to space.

This post breaks rules 2, 3, 4 and 5!

(05-29-2016, 10:46 PM)Akumu Wrote: »aaaaaaaaa

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

(05-29-2016, 10:47 PM)Akumu Wrote: »aaaaaaaaaa

This post breaks rules 1, 2, 3 and 5!

(05-29-2016, 10:58 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »gear

This post breaks rules 1, 3, 4 and 5.

At this point, it would not surprise me if you've all cobbled together a winning post by the time I get back from my exam tomorrow... bonus points if you know why it wins, I guess?
Rules knowledge update:

1. All words must be conjugations of the thousand most commonly-used English words. In particular, they must not be flagged when put into https://xkcd.com/simplewriter/
2. Something judged on a per-word basis. The letters b c f h i k o n p s u v w y pass when on their own.
3. The first sentence of the post must start with words of lengths 3, 1, 4, 1, and 5 in that order, though if the sentence is shorter than five words the sequence can be truncated to the length of the sentence and still pass. Adding too many other words afterwards may break compliance somehow.
4. Most likely something to do with Scrabble scoring. Out of all the individual letters, q and z are the highest scoring in scrabble at 10 points each. Q and z are the only letters to pass rule 4 when posted on their own. On the other hand (related), they are the two least-frequently-used letters in English. That may also be relevant.
5. The number of unique letters that are used an odd number of times in the post must be exactly 13.

1, 3, and 5 are now pretty much nailed down.
Key I know I quick zap
Sky I sick I knock more whys picks boys
Key I know I quick bad
Fix I hear I known sun
Okay I have figured out rule two, let's do this thing.
exe q zoja
[Image: tt11248822fltt.gif]
Rules knowledge update:

1. All words must be conjugations of the thousand most commonly-used English words. In particular, they must not be flagged when put into https://xkcd.com/simplewriter/
2. All words must be decomposable into atomic chemical symbols. For example, "attack" can be broken up as At Ta C K.
3. The first sentence of the post must start with words of lengths 3, 1, 4, 1, and 5 in that order, though if the sentence is shorter than five words the sequence can be truncated to the length of the sentence and still pass. Adding too many other words afterwards may break compliance somehow.
4. Most likely something to do with Scrabble scoring. Out of all the individual letters, q and z are the highest scoring in scrabble at 10 points each. Q and z are the only letters to pass rule 4 when posted on their own. On the other hand (related), they are the two least-frequently-used letters in English. That may also be relevant.
5. The number of unique letters that are used an odd number of times in the post must be exactly 13.

1, 2, 3, and 5 are now pretty much nailed down.
These are good rules.
Now I vote. I think for Rule 4
Pretty certain now that rule 4 is must have one word with a scrabble score greater than 10 and that the post as a whole must have a mean average that is a whole number or a clean fraction. hopefully post #4728 will deliver us from Sruix Rules Hell.

If that does prove to be the case Crowstone has wanted to run a ruleset for a good few rounds now so I think she should get first dibs.

Assuming that I'm not being massively presumptive here that is.

My ruleset list that I'm keeping up to date has a space for people who've expressed an interest in running a ruleset. I'm not like an official arbiter or anything but if you want on my shortlist let me know.
If I win I will gladly cede my place to Crowstone.
yeah hi i want in on your short list pls & ty
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]