One Through Ten

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Through Ten
RE: One Through Ten
>Say that with due respect, it is physically impossible for us to edit the will

this is mostly true
(Lovely lady. her smile in the last pannel to the update before this one is terrifyingly latrge, so much it goes over her bang. i think even the chesscire cat would be creeped out)

>Point out that as much as the early revelation of the lawyer death would be... inconvenient, if she asks too much, the other lords will suspect something and if the whole lid ever blow over anyway, not only will she loose her advantage but you can bet as hell the other lords will gang on her before the infighting.

>So your willing to do favors but it might be better if they weren't too obvious. You can't outright get people in or out of the will buut you can make small alterations, as well as maybe forget to warn some lord and ladies in time, pass messages that maybe you shouldn't. That kind of thing.

>You could send a sibling but you have to warn, no fighting, no magical experiment on them, no taking them hostage and if the other lords find out, the chances they find about your blackmail increase like... a lot.

> ... Oh yeah and macraonis. All the macaronis she could crave for and more. (seriously, she didn't even have to blackmail you for this, 2 just loves to cook for people)
>wow this is all flavors of wrong. I'm p sure blackmailing the lawyer was not allowed, and those carrying out the will in his stead would be under the same rules
>trying to speed up or slow down the will is off limits, so if you want to make use of this try to find a way that won'the eventually be found out and result poorly for yourself
>ambition is all fine and dandy until you get trigger happy.
>besides do you really think you'really the only person willing to spy on this?
>for all you know another noble or nobles know everything you do and everything you just said
>but yes the macaroon recipe is entirely ok.
[Image: 5yV0OUL.png]

"Well? What'll it be, pinkie?"

"...Do you really think if you let it slip that The Lawyer is dead, it will go well for you?"

"Pardon?"

"What I'm saying here is that if we don't do what you want and you tell the others, yes, sure, we die, The Will isn't carried out, but will that get you what you want? Do you really think that you'll survive the resulting war? And if you do, do you really think there will be enough left for you to rule? Frankly, it'd be a lot easier if you just let us do your job. And who knows, maybe you'll get more out of The Will than you thought. Maybe someone else will mess up and you'll get their portion. I can't guarantee anything specific, and we certainly can't alter The Will, but I can guarantee that what you get will be a hell of a lot better than whatever happens when you spill the beans. And for the record, I don't take kindly to being threatened. "

[Image: x42TQUL.png]

"...I can have that macaroon recipe sent to you, though."

[Image: vIzimJb.png]

"...Hmm. Hmm-hmm hmm."

[Image: LlstVCo.png]

"Yeah, alright!"

"...Alright...?"

"Yeah, I can play ball with that. Makes enough sense. I mean don't get me wrong, I could definitely win that war, but it probably wouldn't be pleasant for everyone else! Let's wait a while, see what pops up. Heck, gimme a call, maybe I'll be willing to cooperate with you if you need something! And I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda pleasantly surprised you actually stood up to me there!"

[Image: CtCoDW1.png]

"Who knows, maybe you stuffing-balls really will survive this."

[Image: FS6gnOW.png]

High Mage Vera closes her side of the answer stone, and it goes dark.

[Image: WOOzRle.png]

"...Well, that's one conversation over and done with."

[Image: xsMbtLx.png]

"...And thank goodness, because she gives me the absolute CREEPS. Ugh, who's next?"

Who indeed?

SpoilerShow
The Head Scientist next, perhaps in conference call with the Hosts to speed through the queue faster
>Talk to head scientist and hosts at the same time, that way they cannot conspire against you without revealing their plans to the other.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
> Remember that Vera knew of the lawyer death through scrying spell, she probably hadn't time to change target yet but jsqut to be sure you may want to be prudent while talking out loud.

> Before you start with the next conversations, jsut look how your sibling are doing jsut to check quickly no one has done any faux pas.
>Tell your siblings that the place is scry-bugged
Well that went well : D
>Let everyone know about the scrying spell, yay group telepathy, and ask who wants to talk to the Scientist & Hosts at the same time
>Also internal note: Vera is confident in an all out war that she will win. We probably shouldn't forget about that.
((Hey guys. Sorry to revive an otherwise dead thread but I feel yall deserve an apology- I've been completely sidelined by school, and haven't had time to even think about One Through Ten, let alone continue it. I'm also FURIOUS that Photobucket has killed all of the images for it. I at least want to fix all of the images, even if I can't take the adventure off of hiatus quite yet. Does anyone know any other good hosting websites? Also, I sometimes have time on the train/during work to doodle things- would you all be ok with seeing the occasional traditional sharpie-and-crayola-marker update along with the usual digital ones?))
Like a lot of people, I've tried moving to imgur. So far they are still free How long it'll last tho...
((Author Note: Fixed all of the images by reuploading to imgur! Also, the hiatus isn't... over, officially, but I'll try to slip in updates when I can. I love these lil cyclops puppets, I couldn't abandon them for good.

Also, a brief recap here for those who don't remember what happened since the last update (understandable):
SpoilerShow
))

(12-21-2016, 09:18 PM)LoverIan Wrote: »Well that went well : D
>Let everyone know about the scrying spell, yay group telepathy, and ask who wants to talk to the Scientist & Hosts at the same time
>Also internal note: Vera is confident in an all out war that she will win. We probably shouldn't forget about that.
(12-18-2016, 09:32 AM)smuchmuch Wrote: »> Remember that Vera knew of the lawyer death through scrying spell, she probably hadn't time to change target yet but jsqut to be sure you may want to be prudent while talking out loud.

> Before you start with the next conversations, jsut look how your sibling are doing jsut to check quickly no one has done any faux pas.

[Image: 4QG6nRk.png]
Seeing as Eight was the only one not in the room for that conversation, One quickly brings her up to speed on how the meeting went.
"-Ok, thanks, Eight. Keep up the good work."
[Image: BjlGPWZ.png]
"-As for the REST of you. Put. Your clothes back on."
"But we are wearing clothes!"

[Image: j5k8ogl.png]
"Your OWN clothes."

[Image: e4hK5xY.png]
"You KNOW it's impossible for anyone to tell us apart like that."
"Ughhhh, you're so boring, One!"
"Aw, dress up time is over..."

[Image: 0E82fdV.png]
"Here's your hat back Nine, now gimme my pants."
"Hmmmm no. They are too comfy."
"Nine. Please."
"Here's your hair back, Five..."
"Aw thanks, Two! I wish I could have hair like this all the time!
I can't see very well with it on though. I'd probably just end up setting even more things on fire!"

"Yeah, please...don't do that."

(12-17-2016, 10:39 PM)Schazer Wrote: »The Head Scientist next, perhaps in conference call with the Hosts to speed through the queue faster

[Image: cwHmZbS.png]

Fair enough. The sooner this is over with, the better. One opens a group call with Hosts Donny & Penny and Head Scientist Anna.

[Image: rJo5keX.png]
Bip!
"Head Scientist."
"Oh, One... I'll admit, I was expecting The Lawyer."
"Oh. Yes, about that-"
"ooooooo"
"Wait, do you...hear that? It sounds like... singing?"
"Oh, erm, well, about THAT..."

[Image: fr1XSLe.png]
"Oh my."
"OOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!"
WE'VE JUST RECEIVED GOOD TIDIIIINGS!
FROM YOUR DEAR OLD BOSS!
AND WE ARE REALLY HOPIIIING
THE GOOD NEWS IS FOR US!
AND SO WE'LL THROW A BIG BAAASH
ONCE YOU TELL US THIS ONE THING!
SO PLEASE DEAR ASSISTAAAANT!
WHO IS OUR NEWEST KING?!"

[Image: 9PLeG8e.png]
>One: Just give them the same excuse you gave the High Mage.

>Also... try to be courteous, while your eye is very much twitching.
>At least you can't fault them for lack of enthusiasm

>You know the script, the lawyer is a littlesick and tired, he activated the stone by accident, no need to worry he'll be back and sorting the will in a couple week, fo' sure.