[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/17) x2 OVERTIME
We know from Kelda's weird bird pet that creatures can apparently live on purely as minds, but we have yet to see if they can die as minds. Personally I'd like to keep it that way. Also the prospect of Slate and Cea sharing a body scares me.

On a slightly more terrifying note: am I the only one concerned whatever we've pissed off managed to CUT OFF COMMUNICATION WITH OUR PATRONS?! This is not something a normal character should be able to do.

> Slate: Does that bag have an eye...?
> Slate: Suggestive eyebrowing. Or suggestive eyebrowing, but either way works.
I think the living-turned-first-gen is probably Mors -- er, "CW". Who else has been stated to want to destroy the entire universe? Who else prefers to be referred to as mysteriously as possible, with name and pronoun constantly changing or being not mentioned altogether?

Also I am 99% sure at this point that "Sonny" is either a limbo god or Sun God Run Apollo.

startcode:
If(transmission to patrons=true) {
SpoilerShow
}
else {
delay(one update);
loop "startcode";
}
(01-18-2016, 03:30 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Slate: Does that bag have an eye...?

>Slate Intelligence Check: What should definitely not be fucked with in this room? Like the snake statue with a new pupil?
(01-18-2016, 03:56 AM)a52 Wrote: »I think the living-turned-first-gen is probably Mors -- er, "CW". Who else has been stated to want to destroy the entire universe? Who else prefers to be referred to as mysteriously as possible, with name and pronoun constantly changing or being not mentioned altogether?

Isn't Mors the one preserving the universe? Also, Mors doesn't seem organic. Even if he is strange. Thanatos probably fits the destroy everything bit but it's not him (Although we should consider him for challenging the Neo).
(01-18-2016, 03:56 AM)a52 Wrote: »I think the living-turned-first-gen is probably Mors -- er, "CW". Who else has been stated to want to destroy the entire universe? Who else prefers to be referred to as mysteriously as possible, with name and pronoun constantly changing or being not mentioned altogether?
If Mors was that powerful, wouldn't he be able to kill Zeus and Jupiter himself?

(01-18-2016, 03:56 AM)a52 Wrote: »Also I am 99% sure at this point that "Sonny" is either a limbo god or Sun God Run Apollo.
The Sun God melts faces, Sonny doesn't look like any limbo god we know of.

(01-18-2016, 04:07 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Isn't Mors the one preserving the universe? Also, Mors doesn't seem organic. Even if he is strange. Thanatos probably fits the destroy everything bit but it's not him (Although we should consider him for challenging the Neo).
Thanatos doesn't want to kill hypnos. So unless we kill Hypnos and have the guy hating our guts gain a favor of (the most powerful being in) the universe, he's not gonna be much use. Also, Athena told us about Mors' universe destroyering thing in the update before this one.
(01-18-2016, 04:13 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
If Mors was that powerful, wouldn't he be able to kill Zeus and Jupiter himself?

(01-18-2016, 04:07 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Isn't Mors the one preserving the universe? Also, Mors doesn't seem organic. Even if he is strange. Thanatos probably fits the destroy everything bit but it's not him (Although we should consider him for challenging the Neo).
Thanatos doesn't want to kill hypnos. So unless we kill Hypnos and have the guy hating our guts gain a favor of (the most powerful being in) the universe, he's not gonna be much use. Also, Athena told us about Mors' universe destroyering thing in the update before this one.

I honestly doubt Clockwork is the living god. From the way it sounds, they were a robot first, if aynthing.
Clockwork is however the one example of a v1 we have that's infected with clockwork.
Also Clockwork doesn't seem the type to actually want to kill anyone. Clockwork seems the type that doesn't want anyone to get hurt ever, but if people have to die they shouldn't have to die screaming in pain or in fear. Deaths should be quick and painless.
It's why Clockwork is willing to help by selling weapons to anyone they meet. Quick, and painless.
The only reason Clockwork wants the universe to end is that on the off chance they'll die and not get carried over. They don't want to keep suffering every time they have to live in a new universe, knowing that no matter how many friends they made, they'll all die and Clockwork will have to watch them probably suffer.
Which is why if Clockwork was the living god... It wasn't because they wanted to destroy the universe at the time. They thought they could fix it, and they'll live forever with immense power, but never wanting to actually use it to hurt anyone (unless they have to). In other words, when they nearly killed Neo, it was an accident.
Clockwork is just that averse to killing, that they'd rather get someone else to do it for them.
Also Thanatos can't kill Hypnos. No Thanatos can kill a Hypnos. Hypnos can't kill Thanatos either, but it's because the lazy fuck is always asleep.
(01-18-2016, 04:38 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »
(01-18-2016, 04:13 AM)Fellow Wrote: »[quote='a52' pid='112585' dateline='1453089384']
I think the living-turned-first-gen is probably Mors -- er, "CW". Who else has been stated to want to destroy the entire universe? Who else prefers to be referred to as mysteriously as possible, with name and pronoun constantly changing or being not mentioned altogether?

Also Clockwork doesn't seem the type to actually want to kill anyone. Clockwork seems the type that doesn't want anyone to get hurt ever, but if people have to die they shouldn't have to die screaming in pain or in fear. Deaths should be quick and painless.
It's why Clockwork is willing to help by selling weapons to anyone they meet. Quick, and painless.
Also Thanatos can't kill Hypnos. No Thanatos can kill a Hypnos. Hypnos can't kill Thanatos either, but it's because the lazy fuck is always asleep.

https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646&p=3011 https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646&p=3025 Does this look painless to you?

Also where are you getting that information about Thanatos and Hypnos from?
(01-18-2016, 04:47 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Also where are you getting that information about Thanatos and Hypnos from?
Here you go.
(01-18-2016, 04:38 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »snop
But it does make you wonder, why doesn't CW just kill themself once they've copied over the universe, and let new CW take over?
(01-18-2016, 04:47 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646&p=3011 https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646&p=3025 Does this look painless to you?

Also where are you getting that information about Thanatos and Hypnos from?

I believe the first incident is a misuse of the weapon, and the second...
Well let's say that the target was alive long enough to probably feel a little bit of pain, but after 5 seconds they were ash???
It's better than having to be shot several times, bleeding out, begging for mercy, hoping someone comes along to save you.
It's better than a lot of deaths that could happen to someone, and is relatively painless.
RE: [Fortuna] Suggestion topic (1/17)
(01-18-2016, 01:22 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
(01-18-2016, 12:13 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »I'm not entirely sure if the Sun God can be defeated, but there may be a way to apologize and make amends to Apollo.
"I" managed that once, after a lot of trial and error, and it cost her most of the gods. That's not a price worth paying.
I feel like I should point out that, specifically, "I" had to pay the price of most of the gods to make him her patron, after having caused his transformation in the first place.
I'd assume it's different if we're not intending to make him our patron, but simply to soothe him.
Furthermore, we weren't the ones to fuck Apollo up. We can capitalise on that. It's not like we were the ones to betray him and then turn around to try and befriend him again, all in the name of curiosity.

(01-18-2016, 02:07 AM)Fellow Wrote: »You know, if we had any idea of where to look, we might be able to get Persephone out of the underworld via the tutorial.
I suspect using the tutorial for that may cause a pretty big plot hole.
(01-18-2016, 05:53 AM)Apo11o Wrote: »
(01-18-2016, 01:22 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
(01-18-2016, 12:13 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »I'm not entirely sure if the Sun God can be defeated, but there may be a way to apologize and make amends to Apollo.
"I" managed that once, after a lot of trial and error, and it cost her most of the gods. That's not a price worth paying.
I feel like I should point out that, specifically, "I" had to pay the price of most of the gods to make him her patron, after having caused his transformation in the first place.
I'd assume it's different if we're not intending to make him our patron, but simply to soothe him.
Furthermore, we weren't the ones to fuck Apollo up. We can capitalise on that. It's not like we were the ones to betray him and then turn around to try and befriend him again, all in the name of curiosity.

(01-18-2016, 02:07 AM)Fellow Wrote: »You know, if we had any idea of where to look, we might be able to get Persephone out of the underworld via the tutorial.
I suspect using the tutorial for that may cause a pretty big plot hole.

Assuming the Sun God can be reasoned with. You guys are all talking like this is Apollo G and we can just talk to him. For all we know he could just be some wild beast.
(01-18-2016, 06:00 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

For all we know he could just be some wild beast.

Like Apollo R? (burnnnnnn) Melonspa
But in all seriousness, you're completely right. It is interesting though how Apollo R, the one who is more seemingly unstable, turned out more sane in the end. I wonder how a Sun God Run with Apollo R would turn out?
>Slate: Cough Akwardly
(01-18-2016, 06:18 AM)a52 Wrote: »Like Apollo R? (burnnnnnn) Melonspa
But in all seriousness, you're completely right. It is interesting though how Apollo R, the one who is more seemingly unstable, turned out more sane in the end. I wonder how a Sun God Run with Apollo R would turn out?
That is a very interesting venture to consider!
Though I imagine it would be pretty different in at least the fact that there would be no massive incomplete boss battle snake - because that's what caused the problem for R Apollo here, that he was mistaken for the Greek one when the Sun God Helm presumably wouldn't work on him and he was promptly discarded for not being the "real" Apollo.
We don't know if G Apollo can edit the Cosmodex like the Roman one, but I would assume not. Putting that into perspective, I imagine a Roman Sun God Run would be distinctively destructive from the inside out with the files, rather than from the outside in like Greek Apollo's rampage through the universe.
(01-18-2016, 06:18 AM)a52 Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

He did notice and coherently reacted to us looking at the Apollo Cosmodex entry. He is communicative, if not very reasonable.

...or was it the other Apollo that did that?
(01-18-2016, 07:05 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »
(01-18-2016, 06:18 AM)a52 Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

He did notice and coherently reacted to us looking at the Apollo Cosmodex entry. He is communicative, if not very reasonable.

...or was it the other Apollo that did that?

Apollo R is the one who edited.
(01-18-2016, 04:47 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646&p=3011 https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646&p=3025 Does this look painless to you?

Yeah I'm subscribed to the belief that our little death eskimo CW doesn't really give a heck about mercy. Theyre the ruler of the underworld. They're just excited to watch people die. Or, on occasion, half die (ie cobalt).

Give me the number of a person who believes in swift death, then asks people to sell their soul for a 50% discount and steals death from them in order to make them into a clockwork for the rest of their (un)natural lives, because I am going to call that person on the phone and tell them that they are dumb.
[Image: lmmpL3T.png]
Believe it or not everyone who has ever used the toaster has used it incorrectly. One is suppose to give the toaster to people and have them causally use it to kill them. When used normally one would open the toaster themselves from close range (Like any normal person would open a toaster oven) the person would get nearly vaporized like we semi saw with Cobalt.

Everyone has been using the toaster like it was a long range weapon. Mors themselves even highlighted to Prometheus that every weapon they sell is instant kill and painless , if you know how to use it. I actually put that in because I had a feeling the toaster would be used incorrectly.
(01-18-2016, 11:00 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »Believe it or not everyone who has ever used the toaster has used it incorrectly. One is suppose to give the toaster to people and have them causally use it to kill them. When used normally one would open the toaster themselves from close range (Like any normal person would open a toaster oven) the person would get nearly vaporized like we semi saw with Cobalt.

Everyone has been using the toaster like it was a long range weapon. Mors themselves even highlighted to Prometheus that every weapon they sell is instant kill and painless , if you know how to use it. I actually put that in because I had a feeling the toaster would be used incorrectly.

So it's a deadly prank item? Nice. I should try that sometimes except with confetti rather than a pillar of death.
If We can't contact the patrons or the real ship, then Athena should be able to autopilot Latta to save us. I'm pretty sure we don't act as a bridge, because when we were discussing the split earlier it seemed like Athena could still control Latta if we were to seperate.
(01-19-2016, 02:25 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »If We can't contact the patrons or the real ship, then Athena should be able to autopilot Latta to save us.

Flying to the planet was never really a worry. We're only on the second (Or is it third?) planet so we shouldn't encounter too much trouble. The current problem is Slate (And possibly Cea) is in danger and we're on our own for saving him.
(01-19-2016, 02:28 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(01-19-2016, 02:25 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »If We can't contact the patrons or the real ship, then Athena should be able to autopilot Latta to save us.

Flying to the planet was never really a worry. We're only on the second (Or is it third?) planet so we shouldn't encounter too much trouble. The current problem is Slate (And possibly Cea) is in danger and we're on our own for saving him.

Athena could make Latta make Marble check up on them, and Marble's ability should break the connection to the danger zone.

But lets let this play out first. We might learn something useful.

Would... An Artemis AI be useful for calming the Sun God? I don't know about as a patron, but if we could try to get the V1 to talk to him it might help. If anyone can get through the Artemis should. Where is she, anyways? She was going to check on the tutorial but was never seen again.

Considering that many games autosave just before a boss fight, should we expect a quick an unexpected visit from Hermes V1 just before we get to Apollo?
(01-19-2016, 03:19 AM)Futurdreamz Wrote: »
(01-19-2016, 02:28 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »

Athena could make Latta make Marble check up on them, and Marble's ability should break the connection to the danger zone.

Are we sure that's a good thing? Theres the slight possibility Cea/Slate becoming a thing from that. And even if that happens theres no guarantee Slate will survive long with Sonny.