[NOCTURNAL STIRRINGS] ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ M.A.F.I.A ☆ [24/25]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NOCTURNAL STIRRINGS] ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ M.A.F.I.A ☆ [24/25]
RE: ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ M.A.F.I.A ☆ [17/16+]
I'm assuming that mafia can always just say stuff like 'I target Chwokdini/Chwokasmyn/Chwokamedes/Chwokwhathaveyou' to avoid that yd12k.

Also I am pretty sure the honor system comes into play there too since technically scum also wins by never posting and just killing people off in the night.
What happens if I'm making a post as Chwoka and someone else logs in as Chwoka. Can I make my post? Do I get booted off the account?
~◕ w◕~
We are in
RE: ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ M.A.F.I.A ☆ [19/16+]
(08-29-2014, 01:18 PM)yd12k Wrote: »If a survivor exists, wouldn't it be better for them to never post, granting immuity to scumkills (While playertargeted stuff is still a crapshoot)

same goes for powerroles like doctor and cop until they've identified tons of people.

All players will be required to post once in-thread using the Chwoka account after receiving their role PM before D1 can start. These confirmation posts are a valid target for voting and other post-targeting actions.

I'm as-yet uncertain on how power roles and mafiosos will behave. I'm not even sure how beneficial it is to your side to announce your player identity.

However, while there may be roles which have to target a specific post, there may also be roles which have to target a specific player, so maybe it's worth posting enough that nobody thinks you're lurking. These extra layers of identity also allow for some new investigative roles to make piddling contributions to the field of de-obfuscation before their inevitable demise.

(08-29-2014, 04:31 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »What happens if I'm making a post as Chwoka and someone else logs in as Chwoka. Can I make my post? Do I get booted off the account?

I've been logged into an account from multiple devices (albeit using cookies) and have not had problems posting. If staying logged in on the Chwoka account is a pain in the butt, I suggest either using an incognito window and never closing the tab, or a different browser.
What happens if somebody targets a dead Chwoka's post with their night action? Do they get to try again or do they just fail completely?
(08-29-2014, 05:41 PM)Schazer Wrote: »
(08-29-2014, 01:18 PM)yd12k Wrote: »If a survivor exists, wouldn't it be better for them to never post, granting immuity to scumkills (While playertargeted stuff is still a crapshoot)

same goes for powerroles like doctor and cop until they've identified tons of people.

All players will be required to post once in-thread using the Chwoka account after receiving their role PM before D1 can start. These confirmation posts are a valid target for voting and other post-targeting actions.

also important to note: you can vote to lynch a post from any day or night, not just the one currently in-play
fuck me.

in.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Mafia are very likely to win this. Their inherent power above town is their knowledge of eachothers identities. Making it even more difficult for town to decipher makes it even more of a challenge for town.
I would strongly urge the mods to make the scumteam less powerful than usual and consider saturating inforoles.
Also im not sure what the plan is for death flips but I recommend revealing all posts by said dead Chwoka or at least making that a town/scum ability to prevent folks from targeting dead people (or at least try)
Clearly the proper balance for this game is a Traitor
(08-29-2014, 11:35 PM)amosmyn Wrote: »Mafia are very likely to win this. Their inherent power above town is their knowledge of eachothers identities. Making it even more difficult for town to decipher makes it even more of a challenge for town.
I would strongly urge the mods to make the scumteam less powerful than usual and consider saturating inforoles.
Also im not sure what the plan is for death flips but I recommend revealing all posts by said dead Chwoka or at least making that a town/scum ability to prevent folks from targeting dead people (or at least try)

I sort of disagree. Scum's advantage of knowing what they posted isn't nearly as big an advantage in this clusterfuck as their normal knowing eachother. Saturating inforoles is a good idea tho, just give them to scum too (Because they'll get lost just as easily as town, I can nearly guarantee that).

Of course I could be wrong because nobody has ever made a game like this before and therfore making informed decisions re: setup will be impossible until ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆fia 3: Chwoking on your own drool
I'm pretty sure there have been many other Anonymous mafias in the past though. Of course, those have all had separate accounts for each person. Yeah, I'm all for the reveal all posts by dead Chwoka thing.

Oh man, maybe ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ will beat Dragon Fogel in post count!
Force the mafia to make at least x posts so they don't just stay silent the whole time :>
~◕ w◕~
(08-30-2014, 12:49 AM)Garuru Wrote: »Oh man, maybe ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ will beat Dragon Fogel in post count!

haha, like i'd let you clowns into my actual account
(08-30-2014, 12:58 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »
(08-30-2014, 12:49 AM)Garuru Wrote: »Oh man, maybe ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ will beat Dragon Fogel in post count!

oh man i thought that was literally what this game was
(08-30-2014, 12:23 AM)yd12k Wrote: »
(08-29-2014, 11:35 PM)amosmyn Wrote: »Mafia are very likely to win this. Their inherent power above town is their knowledge of eachothers identities. Making it even more difficult for town to decipher makes it even more of a challenge for town.

I sort of disagree. Scum's advantage of knowing what they posted isn't nearly as big an advantage in this clusterfuck as their normal knowing eachother. Saturating inforoles is a good idea tho, just give them to scum too (Because they'll get lost just as easily as town, I can nearly guarantee that).

Of course I could be wrong because nobody has ever made a game like this before and therfore making informed decisions re: setup will be impossible until ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆fia 3: Chwoking on your own drool

Scum know who each other are at the end of the day, regardless of how many posts they make. Town never will and will never be able to compare notes barring info. There's also a great chance one scummy won't talk much on purpose just to dodge infochecks. Or more. Luckily we at least will have the 'confirm' posts. So yeah, scum aren't nearly as lost as it might seem since they know who they can target and who they can't based on the load of confirmation posts that will be posted from the start. I mean really, unless they are given incentive to track down certain players and kill them they don't have much to worry about beyond chance.

On the "has been done" side of things, to some extent the mechanic is integrated into the IRC-style mafia games on EpicMafia, 'course there isn't the inherent 'rush' on this forum.
So this is imageboard: the mafia?
I'm in
[Image: xwldX.gif]
(08-30-2014, 01:15 AM)Garuru Wrote: »
(08-30-2014, 12:58 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »

oh man i thought that was literally what this game was

This is exactly why I signed up. I'm super disappointed now.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
*hacker voice* im in
chuck me in for my normal thing
(08-29-2014, 05:47 PM)Coldblooded Wrote: »What happens if somebody targets a dead Chwoka's post with their night action? Do they get to try again or do they just fail completely?

My gut says the night action fails, although that does give me an idea for another role...
Leading on from that, however, I'm going to declare that Corresponding posts are not revealed when a player dies. This serves to put the scum at as much of a disadvantage, considering their nightkill is post-targeting rather than player-targeting.

Also anyone reckoning the game's rigged in scum favour needs to remember the caveat that there will be no duplicate roles. This includes vanillas, so you can quit doomsaying about how broken the game will be without info roles.
RE: ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ M.A.F.I.A ☆ [22/16+]
Is it possible for the dead to post during the day after being killed?

Also is there the possibility of roles that eavesdrop on Quicktopics?

I suppose as long as there is enough compensation for town there shouldnt be a problem. Info roles may not be the solution but the no duplicate roles doesnt really mean much to me either. Scum wins are usually associated with scum directing town play during the day and I'm worried that town will be particularly vulnerable to that this game.

With the no postflips the challenge for scum seems to be having to avoid targeting the lynchee among the most recent posts...

Don't get me wrong though, I'm totally looking forward to whatever the setup entails. I'll save some of my hypotheses for the game.
(08-30-2014, 03:29 PM)amosmyn Wrote: »Also is there the possibility of roles that eavesdrop on Quicktopics?

no
What the heckie I'm down to chwokeki
Previous Potato Panic, Perpetually Preposterous
Tumblr
okay the userlist is gettin' a lil' ridiculous, so we're gonna set a hard cap at 25
RE: ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ M.A.F.I.A ☆ [23/25]
~Hey Patrick, i just thought of something funnier than 24..

-*snrk* let me hear it.

~TWENTY FIVE

-*suppressed laughing*
Meme