RE: Beef Squad: The cloud prince has to skidaddle
charm the runner units into distracting the burly one
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
RE: Beef Squad: The cloud prince has to skidaddle
Suggestions
SpoilerShow
Unimportant rambling
SpoilerShow
Little map thing (warning, fuckin humongous cuz im afraid of making it look weird if I attempt adjusting it like a dingus)
SpoilerShow
You float closely, hovering right next to the throne, only a hand's width away from the prince himelf. You test out the mic to see how well it works.

"Heyo"

[Image: I4r4I9k.png]
"....The fuck?".

Was that a ghost? An invisible alien species? Some kind of prank one of the Units are pulling? Is this how they entertain themselves now a days? Cause It's not funny, not funny at all.
[Image: YwDLqBs.png]
"You think this kind of thing is funny? It's not humourous, or classy to try and prank royalty. It's quite stupid, extremely risky, and is of poor taste,so take this as a warning; knock it off, or I tell 0-N3 to ship you as scrap to the tin can factory."

No, no, no. You have to fix this miscoception real quick.

"No, I am not one of the robo dudes, but I am here to help you. You want to get out, right? I can do that...Maybe...It's a risk worth taking, trust me on this."

"And why should I trust you? You do know how suspicious you sound right now? You're asking me to trust you on something when I could just not, and there would be less of a risk of me getting dragged into the pits of hell. It's simple math, really.

There is absolutely no reason why I should trust you, slightly higher chance of escaping or not, so give me one."
Meriad folds his arms, waiting for an answer.

"don't have one, but I won't judge you if you don't trust me, it's the smart choice, really. I am acting pretty suspicious." guess you're stuck with this douche for the whole-
"You hold a strong argument there, ghost person. I am not one to make smart choices. Help me get out, I am that desperate." desperation is an understatement, Meriad was going stir crazy, and desperately needs to meet his friend at the diner, in fear of cracking apart.

That..That was actually much easier than expected. Royalty musy suck pretty hard when you'de trust a random floating voice that just scared the shit out of you a few seconds ago. You continue, cause this is getting into interesting territory.

"First things first, check behind the curtains. You might have some stuff behind that."

Meriad rolls his eyes, but obeys, as he stood up from his throne and walked up to the curtains.
[Image: zEaWSeX.png]

The guards, sensing movement near the throne, stop discussing the news and watch Meriad closely.

"Ugh, I wish they changed these curtains to something less disgusting looking. These look so tacky-oh there it is! I've been looking for this for years!"
[Image: JcNeuRM.png]
Meriad holds the umbrella close, a genuine child-like smile braces his face as he looks down at it affectionately. This umbrella is special to him, anybody with an ounce of sense in their head can tell.
"This umbrella got me out of so many problems, you can't even tell. This will be extremely useful, thank you for telling me." Meriad quietly whispers. He gently stores the umbrella in his coat, to keep it safe and close to him.

The guards' suspision rises.

"You have some extremely high charisma so-"
"- wait were you peeking over my shoulder-"
"That information is not important right now go flirt with the guards or something and get them on our side, we have to go against the alien dude 3 to 1 to intimidate him a little, I dunno, go get em' tiger."

Meriad gives the empty air a dirty look, before slinking down the stairs and towards the guards, who are now focusing their full attention on him, intently.

Meriad smiles.
[Image: IwpvHNH.png]
SpoilerShow
"So like, you're going to help me. I'm not saying this as a request, but as an order."

[Image: befyfcB.png]

"Cute attempt at control, prince Meriad, but all units that work close or in the proximity of the Cloud Prince are required to have a charm blocking software installed, so little tricks like these don't show up and wreck havoc. Good try, but it will not work on the resistent. Right John?"

"..."

[Image: vT7G4qP.png]

"...John?"

"..."

[Image: ZZUcnxs.png]

"John you dumb sack of shit, you forgot to download the software, didn't you?"

"Oh no, two against one, what will you possibly do? If you run, your friend will catch you. If he doesn't, he will catch this umbrella to the face. But if you follow my orders right now, nothing will happen to you, and I'll protect you from all consequences that befall all those who try to stop me. Understood? Or do you need some covincing? My umbrella is a great mentor, and I'm sure your friend is eager to help.

Now tell me unit, what is your name?"

"It's Robert," Robert sighs. "And you must be a cold-ass bitch."

"It runs in the family," Meriad replies, wearing a smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

"now let's help convince the alien behemoth." Meriad continues, umbrella now held tightly in his hand, and the guards trailing a few steps behind him as he walked towards the increasingly nervous Alien.
[Image: zDwCVwf.png]

"Hello, Tanks."

"Meriad, please don't ask me if you can pass through the doors. You know I want to let you out, I really do, but I can't go against 0-N3's orders. I don't think I can get any more second chances, kid." Says Tanks apologetically.

"Oh no, no, no, I just want you to launch me through the sunroof."

"I-..what?"

"Did I stutter? Do it. Launch me through the sun roof"

Visible confusion shows in waves on Tanks' face. The prince can be imaginative, but this honestly takes the cake.

"Just do it, all consequences will be removed, you know how the prince works." Mutters Robert, rubbing at his robotic temples. "He also found that weird umbrella. You know the one that he lost two years ago, so he didn't leave his bedroom for a whole 3 months? Yup, that one. It was just sitting behind one of the curtains that nobody cleans, quite bizarre."

"You might not be allowed to let me pass through the doors, but it doesn't say anywhere that you can't launch me through the sunroof."

"This is not sane,"grumbles Tank, lines creasing his forehead. He backs up a little. "I'll cup my hands, go get a running start before I change my mind."
Meriad nods, and takes a few steps backwards in preperation.

"I'll start counting, and when I reach one, prepare for take off."

"3,"

Meriad braces.

"2,"

Meriad runs.

"1!"

Meriad is airborne.

The sound of the umbrella hitting glass was deafening, but it protected Meriad from sharp glass shards. The umbrella quadrupled in size almost instantly, and it was like it took a mind of it's own, gently floating away. Meriad waves goodbye to the 3 figures, as they became smaller and smaller.

[Image: KEPEIM8.png]

Woah he can see the diner from-
[Image: taZcYjy.png]

Shit.

[Image: vttnkvm.png]

"Can you humour me with an explanation of why I just walked in on you trying to escape via being launched into the sun roof?"

Oh wow, what a ride. It seems like some help would be appreciated. Go crazy.
SpoilerShow
RE: Beef Squad: Well shit.
>Show it your opened hand, when it gets close to examine it, spit on your hand and smear its ocular sensor with it, then reply "because I want to escape fool!" slide down its long legs
>Let loose a battlecry and run away!
> Smack him with your umbrella to make him let go of you, but only if you're sure it'll work.
"Because I wasn't allowed to leave through the door"
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
RE: Beef Squad: Well frick
SpoilerShow

>Show it your opened hand, when it gets close to examine it, spit on your hand and smear its ocular sensor with it, then reply "because I want to escape fool!" slide down its long legs

You get a few ideas up your invisible sleeves. This is going to be hilarious to watch.

"Dude, dude, listen close. Show that robo dude your opened hand, and once it get's close, spit in your palm and just smear his large robo eyeball. Then fuckin slide down his legs when he let's go of yours. It's fool proof!"

Meriad thinks that idea is fucking stupid and will fail miserably, but he really doesn't have anything to lose, except his dignity when he get's dragged back to the castle by the scarf. Meriad sighs, and opens his hand.

"You made me cut myself you stupid, metal bastard."
[Image: rV70hIR.png]
[Image: aqgP4as.png]
"..."

Meriad doesn't think he's falling for it.

Probably because he did this trick like, 5 times already in the last 6 months.
[Image: 8ksmrXJ.png]
"Do you really think I'll forget the last 6 times you tried to smear my ocular sensor with spittle, you-"
TIME FOR EXTREME MEASURES
>Smack him with your umbrella [Image: 3RtcUhm.png]

"MERIAD WHY?"
"Because I want to escape, fool!" Meriad screeches, after he tried to meld an umbrella to 0-N3's metallic face. "Besides," he continues. "They wouldn't let me leave through the door, so it's entirely your fault that you now have a dent in your dumb face."

Oof, you think to yourself. He actually fucking did it, the mad man! You really need some popcorn for the rest of this, but it looks like this little computer room is devoid of everything edible.
Shucks.

Before the robot can tighten his grip once again, Meriad stabs the arm holding his legs with the umbrella tip, which makes the robot completely let go of Meriad in surprise.

After a few seconds of panicked freefall, Meriad grabs onto 0-N3's legs, and slides down for dear life.
[Image: wPNzzXk.png]

SpoilerShow
Fire fighters make it look easy on TV but my arms are fuckin' killing me, and I think I'm going to burn a hole through my pants, thought Meriad through gritted teeth. He can see the the ground far below him, and can feel angry, robotic claws just above him. Suddenly, an imaginary lightbulb lights up in Meriad's head; The B.O.O.H button.

>Hide in the umbrella, if you can't see them they can't see you. Foolproof.

A button on his umbrella, for when you need to get out of a situation like a Bat Out Of Hell. This button saved his ass on multiple occasions when he was a dumb 17 year old who didn't know when to cut back on the sass. Losing the umbrella put him in check real quick once he realized he just can't poof out of every scary situation. But now, it's here, in Meriad's grasp, as he's sliding down a pair of Robot legs that are owned by 0-N3, who at the moment wants to choke him to death with his own scarf. This counts as an emergency, right? He won't take advantage of it this time, he can't go back to his 17 year old self.

Meriad presses the little button on the umbrella handle, and quickly drops the umbrella.
[Image: rGUU5ch.png]

He only has maximum of 15 seconds before he hits the ground. The umbrella drops like a heavy boulder, unlike an umbrella at all, and hits the ground with a loud thud. Once again it triples in size, And a black darkness fills every crevice inside the middle, like a water fountain made for the little birds of hell. Meriad takes a deep breath. He's around 7 seconds away from the ground, and he has to jump.

Meriad takes another breath.

5 seconds.

Meriad lets go.

3 seconds.

Meriad brings his legs close to his chest, in fear of splattering all over the asphalt.

1 second.

Cannonball.

[Image: ckVVxOI.png]

[Image: 4tx2fbf.png]

Blackness. Strange,very strange. Where did the prince kid go?

[Image: OqYWGQ4.png]
Woop, woop, there's our boy in blue!

Meriad pops into existence, followed by the umbrella a second later.

[Image: YW9KsN5.png]

This place is..."darker" than he used to remember, but it made the doors stick out alot more. Two doors, one pink, the other a bright yellow.
[Image: EdyxVfT.png]
Meriad knows the pink door leads to
Tammy, his friend at the Diner.

[Image: uHMQHBv.gif]

Tammy has always been a good friend. He always listened when Meriad whined and cried about the difficulty of royalty, without any snide remarks or insults. He can be a little naive-

wait, no.

He can be very naive.

Compliments and pick up lines, even the most obvious ones, fly over Tammy's head. Meriad always found it hilarious, but always felt a little sorry for the customer who tries their luck and fails miserably, and even more so to the ones who realize Tammy is actually male. The only thing that doesn't make Meriad laugh about Tammy's Naivety is how easily insults and sarcasm fly over his head too.

Even with Tammy's Naivety, His diner is a safe haven(literally, the Diner actually sits on a cloud it's kind of amazing) for those having a bad day, including Meriad. The only problem here is that 0-N3 knows that Meriad goes there often, and it will be the first place they'll search.

The second door is...

Meemo's?

[Image: Ly4qMMx.png]
Meriad barely recognises the door, since it changed so much compared to Tammy's. There's so much stuff taped to the door; posters, letters, pictures, fuckin' ugly ass emojis, even a "World's hottest messenger 2088" poster, with her face just badly taped onto it.
The entire door screams Meemo, almost as loud Meemo herself, but that's probably stretching it a little.

[Image: v7sXr7Y.gif]

Meemo is... loud in almost everyway possible. Clothes, personality, voice, posters, the way she makes extremely loud engine noises everytime she delivers the mail. All activities done with Meemo usually end in explosions, fires, and/or the police being called.

Completely unpredictable, she even scares the local police.
Which says something since most of the police force are made up of 6 ft tall avian birds of prey.

Meriad knows that going through the yellow door will make him extremely hard to plot, because Meemo does not stay in one place for long, and is one of the fastest runners known on planet Earth 2.0, which will make it even harder for 0-N3 to find him.

The thing is, the chance of dying and/or being sacrificed to the snail lord rises quite significantly.

"So, which door should we pick, ghost man?"
SpoilerShow
RE: Beef Squad: Umbrella assault
>Tammy sounds nice
[Image: egg009.png?raw=1][Image: egg012.png?raw=1]

Mo mo meemo
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

> If you go to tammy you will put him and the diner in danger.
>Going to meemo will only put yourself indanger of, immolation, dismemberment, disembowelment, explosively removed from the other half of your body or a grazed knee.
>sooooo Meemo, at lest 0-N3 dopebot wont be able to find you, giving you time to figure out what to do next.
meme-lord meemo
>go be gay with Tammy
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
>Tammy. 0-N3 would never expect you to hide in the obvious spot! He's going to check all of the spots he thinks you think he won't check, so you've gotta go to the places he thinks you wouldn't even think about hiding.
Look at this beautiful lamp egg:

[Image: B2skh0Y.png]

Some fear for what it will hatch into. But not me. I'm not silly!
[MAJORITY VOTE WANTS TO FUCK AROUND WITH MEEMO, ANY OBJECTIONS, GOOD PEOPLE?]

I'll take that as a no '<', Meme lord Meemo it is!
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow

Suggestions:
SpoilerShow

"Uh, Meemo of course? I mean look at that door, who wouldn't want to party with that? Plus, you'll probably fuck up Tammy's diner, and put him and most of his customers in danger. I mean, you're an asshole-"

"Thanks-"

"Shush, it's a term of endearment. I mean you're an asshole, but I don't think you're that type of asshole. Don't prove me wrong in the next 6 hours though 'cus I'm stuck with you for that long, and being proven wrong is not that nice like at all."

Meriad gives the dark abyss a blank stare.

"Okay? I mean, I was just asking which door you want to pass through, but thanks for the speech I guess?" He says, now slightly more insecure than he was a few seconds ago, thanks to that. Meriad tries to forget the comment.
[Image: ZpC0U0U.png]
Meriad turns to the door, the fear of the unknown and outdated internet memes radiating into the darkness. He hopes that he won't walk into some weird cult thing, or while Meemo is actually running. That is the worst possible case scenario, which will result in being destroyed. Either by being ran through, or being thunder-punted into the stratosphere.

Meriad is not the gambling type.

[Image: rvqKnEz.png]

[Image: iCJyrzJ.png]
Stupid-ass lookin' circle-ass door motherfucker what is this shit he didn't ask for this who even has circle doors-
[Image: qnkj1Jc.png]

[Image: fo9rFEK.gif]

[Image: muGz3HY.png]
"Oh you found that umbrella, good shit! "

Meriad, now red in the face from embarrassment, quickly stands up, and dusts of his clothes.

"Wow, thanks for asking about my health," Meriad flicks of a stray chip off his scarf as he saunters towards the couch like he didn't just fall face first onto dirty carpet. "you didn't see that."

He leans on the arm of the couch, facing away from Meemo, umbrella dropped by his side like hot garbage. He sniffles, arms tightly crossed together as he stares at nothing in particular across the room. Meemo sits uncomfortably in the silence.

"Uh, what's with the silence? You're not acting like your usual se-"

[Image: 0EX34n4.gif]
"I think I fucked up Naomi," Meriad interrupted. "I think I actually went too far this time, and I don't know how to fix it."

" First, It's Meemo, second, I'm listening."

Meriad glances at his shoes, shame enveloping his face in a red tint once more.

"You know the uh-" Meriad clears his throat. "tall robot that works inside the castle? The one has one eye and a really long face?"

"Oh yeah, oh yeah! The one that takes the parcel every time I deliver something to your place? I know that dude, he slips me like, a hundred primes everytime I go there!"

"ha- uh, yes, mhm, that d- that guy!" Meriad nervously laughs, shoulders tense and arms rigid.
"I might have, you know.."

"Uh huh. Go on."

Meriad starts squirming

"Hit him with an umbrella really hard while I was having a tantrum and trying to leave the castle and I think he's angry at me now and I dont know what to do because he's just doing his job and I went and assaulted him and now he probably hates me and-"

"dude,"
[Image: aiKe9Hs.gif]

[Image: 9vNeYfE.gif]
SpoilerShow
"Stop blubbering and get in here,World2.0 news is going to start soon and they're probably gonna report on this or somethin'. They report on anything that makes a funny noise or even breathes. They'll probably jump on it like- uh..some kind of intelligent comparison! Yeah!" Meemo gives herself a pat on the back for the effort.
"Also, you need to stop hovering over there, it makes me kinda weirded out, so like stop. Please?"

Meriad snorts. "Yeah sure,whatever."

[Image: 5x9Q2U9.gif]

"...So then I was like 'it's your fault that you now have a dent in your dumb face'."

Meemo lets out an empathetic hiss, followed by uncontrollable giggles.
"Oof, I kind of feel sorry for him now. Poor guy got his face smashed in and got it called dumb."

"You're making me feel bad!" Accuses Meriad, throwing an angry stare at the short-haired girl, who is now intently gazing at the television screen, attention completely focused on the glowing glass. Meriad opens his mouth to speak, but Meemo's hand quickly puts an end to that as she shoves her palm into his face.

"Dude shhhshhhshhshh, it's starting, it's starting." she whispers.
[Image: uamfqDr.png]
Subtitles appear upon the screen, as 2 voices boom out of the small speakers on the sides of the TV.

Gordon: Hello, and welcome to the most popular news channel in Sunny district! We got 12 and half people watching us right now!

Crazy robot man: Where you can get your sweet, sweet news from the most reliable News channel of them all;

Both Gordon and crazy robot man: WORLD2.0 NEWS!

[Image: MoZfSuq.png]

Crazy robot man: Breaking ne-ew, who made this breaking news panel? Who will take us seriously with this ugly thing distracting them from something that's important enough to be called "breaking news"? Who created this?

Gordon: You did, dude. Like, 2 weeks ago.

Crazy robot man: Are you sure about that Gordon?

Gordon: Yep, I'm pretty sure-

Crazy robot man: [sound of sharp object being unsheathed from hidden compartment]

Gordon: That I'm not sure at all. Nope. Let's just move on!~

The Tv cuts to another image

[Image: WF4T1RJ.png]

Gordon: Hello Viewers! I'm here in The Cloud castle right now, to report on some very interesting happenings going on today surrounding the cloud prince, Meriad Howa the third. A video posted a few hours ago, by an anonymous civilian in Drizzle district, shows prince Meriad escaping through the castle sunroof on a very large umbrella. The umbrella. Other civilian witnesses that watched the ordeal real time say that a unit by the name of 0-N3 tried to stop him, but failed in doing so, because-...[Gordon shuffles through his notes, and stops on the last one with a furrowed brow.] "he was Assaulted with the Umbrella"? [Gordon looks up, quickly walks off screen, and starts whispering harshly with a person behind the camera. A few "are you serious?"s and "Noooo, he didnnn'tt!"s float into earshot.]

Gordon: [Gordon comes back excitedly] He did. He hit him with an umbrella. The umbrella that witnesses say he jumped through and disappeared before 0-N3 can come back to his senses. There were no reports of the prince in any of the districts, which means his escape has been proven successful. The Cloud palace has put forth a reward of a 100,000 primes for anyone who could find him, and bring him back with minimal damage.

Gordon: And now, let us see if we can get an interview with the person who experienced all of this first hand!

[Image: SafBbhg.png]

0-N3: What do you mean by "I should have been watching him"? There were three guards in the room with their eyes trained on his every movement! We checked his stats and acted accordingly to-...

[Image: q9vMagL.gif]

[Image: gxDSEhg.gif]

[Image: GWV7e3Q.gif]

Gordon: Can I get an interview can I get an interview can I-

0-N3: Did you even read the tapes you just trespassed?

Gordon: We're just asking-

0-N3: Get out. Now. Get the camera out of here, leave the castle.

Gordon: But-

0-N3:I said NOW!

[Image: tVlZlbN.gif]

BBBZZ
ZZzZXXzZZxZZzTTTt

[Image: Ps1NxsM.gif]

[Image: 45NEFLm.png]

Crazy robot man: ...

[Image: acQ4bVD.png]

Crazy robot man: ...GORDON?

[Image: GH2oTBt.png]

Crazy robot man: Hmmmmmhmm...

[Image: zNbPFRI.png]

Crazy robot man: Guess our Co-host Gordan Queenam is dead. Dying in the name of NEWS is quite honourable, so your sacrifice has not gone unseen, my dear friend, and co-host.

[Image: Yiu21vo.png]
In other news, Naomi Jenkins, the Sunny district's fastest and most Asshole-ish messenger, stole my car, and car keys. If you see her, please tell her that-

[Image: udaFW6G.gif]

Crazy robot man: If she doesn't bring them back, I'll murder her entire family.

Naomi grabs the remote and turns off the Tv.

"Jokes on him, my family actually deserves that! HA!" Naomi hollers, hurling the remote through the window and showering everything in a thin mist of glittering glass.

"Why do you even need a car? You're the fastest living thing on this damned planet." Interjects Meriad, picking on loose threads lining the edge of the blanket.

"I don't, but you do."
She pulls out a pair of car keys. "Besides, have you just heard what they said? 100,000 primes for your ass, don't think no taxi driver's gonna pass up on that deal, homie." She flings the car keys at Meriad, who scrambles to catch them.

"Wait, where are we going?" splutters Meriad.

"Well where do you want to go?"

>You now have the choice to actually make up a place and/or character! For example, "can we go to [place/character/both]?" Go even crazier!

But if you don't want that, I can pull up a map and place upon it some events of my own.
SpoilerShow
RE: Beef Squad: WELCOME TO WORLD 2.0 NEWS!
Go to Taco Town, because the palace food is boring and you haven't had a decent taco in like forever.
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.
Lets go to an arcade! Y'know, like videogames and stuff
[Image: egg009.png?raw=1][Image: egg012.png?raw=1]

let's go to World2.0 news station, they'll never expect us there
>It might be prudent for both of you to fashion some sort of disguises for yourselves before going out. Would anyone be able to recognize either of you if Meriad was wearing yellow and Meemo was wearing blue?
Suggestions n' shaz
SpoilerShow

Meriad's face lights up. "Taco Palace? The place which serves actually decent food that doesn't taste like cardboard and broken dreams?"

"Nope, went up in flames."

"What? Why? What happened?"

Meemo shrugs.
"Competition, I guess."

"You know what? I'm not that hungry anymore. Let's just go to the place you call an "arcade" or whatever, with the switchy button things."

"Also burned down."

Meriad throws his arms up in frustration. "Why, Meemo, why did this place burn down too? The only place that doesn't try to kill me!"

"Some local kids burned the place down cus' the vending machine broke. Hell, I joined in! The 4 weeks of jail time was worth it, that vending machine was an asshole."

Meriad puts his head in his hands, and groans.
"Now you're going to tell me the fire department burned down or-"

"Oh it did, actually!"Meemo cuts in. "I had no part in that though, I swear."Meriad lifts his head from his hands, an expression of resigned tiredness showing clearly through the dark circles under his eyes. "No hot firefighters, no tacos, no arcades to mess with, what now? They're going to find me either way, and I can't even get a shred of entertainment before they drag me back. How about we just, you know, Leave?"

"what'dya mean leave? We're gonna do that anyway. There's still alot of stuff to do around here to do, dude, You're sitting in the middle of Sunny district." Meemo replies.

[Image: Ssw4ozH.png]
"No, no, no, I don't want to stay confined to only this district, or even this planet. Listen, Listen, how about we go to World 3.0 and-"

[Image: qtssD48.png]

"No."

Meriad stops mid-sentence. Realization dawns on him as Meemo stares into his eyes, unblinking, unimaginable fear and pain, clear as glass, paints her face.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Im so, so sorry. I crossed the line, I didn't mean to, I swear, Naomi!" Meriad panics, frantically pulling Meemo into a hug. "Please don't cry, we're staying here, we're not going leaving the planet, you're not going to that place ever again, you're going to stay here safe and sound, Alright hun?" he pulls her away so she can meet his gaze. Her eyes were dry, not a single tear shed. "They'll never leave that planet, they will not get to you." He re-assures her. She gives him a weak smile.

"Now, how about we just go to the World 2.0 news station? I want to see his expression when he comes back after looking everywhere for his car, only to find it right there, with us just waving at him through the window. It's going to be hilaaaaar~ious! Atleast one last laugh before I go."
"
"Sure, why the heck not? He looks so goofy when he's angry, I'm gonna record it! This'll rake me in some of that sweet, sweet moolah."

""Okay, okay, first thing's first, we need a change of wardrobe."

[Image: d1mM1iU.png]

"You see what I'm wearing right now? It will make me stick out like a sore thumb. You also need to change. How about I wear yellow, you wear blue?"

"I have a few you can borrow, but I don't have anything blue. I'm not the one being hunted down though, so I don't really need a disguise a the moment, dude man." Meemo stands up and walks upstairs. She returns a few minutes later fully changed, clutching some shirts and a pair of cargo shorts.

Meriad appraises the clothes with raised eyebrows. "Cargo shorts, really?"

[Image: YUMV5Ab.png]

"ssshshshshUUUSH, GO CHANGE, I WANNA GO!"

[Image: ktqErN8.png]

"I can't believe you've done this to me, Meemo. Why do you even have this shirt? You're like 18 damn i-...wait."

[Image: 1tiVrzx.png]

"Is this shirt..."

[Image: cAeT22D.gif]

"
"Changing?"

[Image: Cec2v9s.png]
"Gr
oss."

"Haha you look like a pickle."

[Image: j6Su0mn.png]

"Hilarious. Let's just go. Where's the car?"

"A few blocks behind my house,inside the little forest, covered by a huge tarp. Les' go!"

~~~
"Thi
s is the car?"

"Yeah! It's freaky lookin', amiright or amiright?"

"Oh my god it's blinking at me, what the actual fuck? Ew, ew, ew, ew!"
"Get in, puss puss. The car doesn't bite...I think. Let's find out! Get in the driver's seat, I don't even know how to drive, and you're older than me so go, go, GO!"
Meemo flings open the car door, and shoves a very unwilling Meriad into the driver's seat. She then runs around the car and opens the passenger door, quickly climbing in and closing it behind her. She grabs the key from Meriad's grasp, and pushes it into the ignition before he can react. The car roars to life, extending it's wings from within the car. It shoots into the sky, gluing both Meriad and Meemo into their seats.

Both scream, but one is of paralyzing fear and the other is of childish amusement.

[Image: 5fivrHy.png]
"Wowzers, you're a horrible driver."
"MEEMO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, I LIVE IN A PALACE, THEY DONT EVEN LET ME TOUCH THE PALACE SHIP, SO-" The car stops abruptly. A hazy, yellow forcefield surrounds the car. It slowly starts to drag the car back down to earth"Oh no," Meemo mutters. She looks outside the window. All the confusion on her face turns into exasperation. "What? What's wrong? Are we going to die? Why is the car sinking?" Meriad prods, knuckles white and still gripping the steering wheel.

Meemo takes one look at his expression, and starts to chortle.

[Image: 985R6FF.gif]

"It's not at all funny, the car's still sinking! Meemo what the hell!"
"I'm just laughing cus' your face looks hilarious. We already hit the ground, you just didn't feel it, dude." Meemo sputters between giggles. She points outside the windshield, which shows that they are in fact, firmly placed upon the ground. Meriad tries to move the car forward by stepping on the gas, but the forcefield keeps the car stuck like a fly in a flytrap.

"I can't even move this thing, this
forcefield is stupid strong. Can't even move forward an inch, damn it." Meriad steps on the gas one more time, then gives up when the forcefield shows no obvious sign of budging.

"Cus' it's made to constraint criminals, and assholes who can't drive. It's military grade."

"Wait, so the force field was thrown by a cop? For fu-"
[Image: XKVwpxA.gif]

[Image: a84q44o.png]

[Image: qCHzCxF.png]

[Image: sUwou4F.png]

"Good afternoon, sir. I see you might be a...new resident? A new driver? You are not in the logs, currently, so I do not know you're status."

"Meemo there's a furry outside my window."

"That's a copper."

"Yeah, but there's a furry outside my window."

"No, I am a cop capable of arresting you."

"Meemo help the furry can understand us." Meriad frantically whispers. The cop gives a disapproving stare.

"Nope, I am not digging you out of the hole you just dug yourself into, dumbo. Waddaya want, Copper?" Meemo shouts through the window.

"I'll answer that question after you answer mine; tell me why your driver here was going 500 kilometres over the speeding limit?"

>

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
RE: Beef Squad: The cloud prince drives like shit.
> I can't drive to save my life.
>I misread 50 for 500
SpoilerShow

"Five hundred k? Is that how high we were? Well no wonder he didn't see the sign."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.
>Dodge the question with all the grace of a drunken walrus

>500 Kilometers, eh? Shouldn't we be dead?

>And if we're dead, why you holdin us up, you cant fine the dead that's just silly business right there, and you cops know better than silly business cause silly business just wastes time, both yours and mine in long meandering explanations of how you cant fine the dead becauses its just silly business and good cops dont mess around with that because its time wasted stead of doing real jobs like nabbing that robber back a few kilometres back who's going to get away because you cops are busy giving speeding tickets instead of getting your priorities in order and dealing with the real issues in this town, like fixing the stoplights I swear those things always turn red when it's important... (etc etc etc.)

>Continue rant until officer gives you a speeding ticket and leaves.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
meriad looks like a bird in the last panel lol