Fugue Why

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fugue Why
RE: Fugue Why
((I have edited the most recent post to hopefully make it clearer what's going on with Kevin looking out of the cave. I'm a bit pressed for time, though, so it was a rush job. For clarification: that was meant to be Kevin poking his head out of a hole in the side of the cliff, not the rest of his skull. All of the art in this thing is a bit experimental by way of needing to be churned out a lot faster than I normally work, so these kinds of mistakes might be pretty common for a while, unfortunately.))
>yeah we've done this before. usually we just 'suggest' actions for people to take and they never know it wasn't their idea, sometimes we get heard, but almost never this early
>also your name probably isn't Kevin Costner, because Kevin Costner is an actor where we come from and one of us thought it would be a funny joke. we usually get to 'name' the people we help and we throw in joke suggestions that get rejected for being silly. still it's your name, if you want to continue being called Kevin I don't think that's a problem.
top of the docket: you must find mikar. pick a direction, and go, in that direction. if you see anyone, ask them where mikar is
(10-09-2016, 07:45 PM)agentwd40 Wrote: »Maybe this is like a Last Crusade leap of faith type thing, try tossing your marbles on the gap.

[Image: u6r7uNk.png]
Kevin?: "Um..."

[Image: lwrHt15.png]
Kevin?: "... I don't want to."

(10-09-2016, 07:53 PM)tronn Wrote: »Look Kevin - let's call you just Kevin for short, okay - this place is weird but it doesn't look dangerous and you have us to keep you company, so just relax.

That Harvesters Union sound like they know more about this, so let's search for them first.

(10-10-2016, 12:23 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »top of the docket: you must find mikar. pick a direction, and go, in that direction. if you see anyone, ask them where mikar is

(10-09-2016, 09:15 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »> Well that's not the way we, and I assume you, want to go. Can you fly? If not, lets head deeper in to the cave.

[Image: 0OwL1mW.png]
Kevin?: "You're right. I've got to stay, um, focused... and positive. Sorry. I guess I was being a little, uh, melodramatic. Also, I guess it's pretty dark in here and I didn't realize the cave went any further... uh... so I guess I'll go this way."

[Image: EFliJZy.png]
Kevin?: "Oh... it gets really dark in this tunnel..."

(10-09-2016, 09:26 PM)Dediles Wrote: »>yeah we've done this before. usually we just 'suggest' actions for people to take and they never know it wasn't their idea, sometimes we get heard, but almost never this early
>also your name probably isn't Kevin Costner, because Kevin Costner is an actor where we come from and one of us thought it would be a funny joke. we usually get to 'name' the people we help and we throw in joke suggestions that get rejected for being silly. still it's your name, if you want to continue being called Kevin I don't think that's a problem.

[Image: MMu7hgR.png]
Kevin?: "Oh... uh, that's neat. At least you know what you're doing."
Kevin?: "Also, you can call me whatever you want, I guess... I'd uh, probably prefer not to be borrowing a name... um, I mean I'd like my own... but anything is probably fine."
Kevin?: "Hey... I think I see a light over there."

[Image: eAVB6dk.png]
Kevin?: "... Um, it sounds like there's music coming from the same tunnel as the light..."
Kevin?: "The one on the right looks, uh, like someone built it... like it's artificial... uh yeah... and I think I can hear, um, chains? And someone shouting... Uh..."
>Maybe before proceeding further, you may want to do a full check of your situation

>Try doing a few gymnastic movement movement (wave your arms and legs around that kinda thing) to see just how good your force, speed and coordination might be if push comes to shove.

>Obvious amnesia, allright, how far does it go ? try cncentrating, anything comes to mind ? Even if all personnal memory is gone, you skills and knowlege might not be, it's a diffeent kind of memory. try racking your brain for what you know, anything could be usefull

>Those 'marbles' look pretty darn important, you sure concentrating on them recalls nothing ?

>After that go in the dirrection of the dark and the chain sounds for now. Call it an intuition but something tells me the light should wait a bit.

>.. Proceed cautiously though, try to get a glimpse of what's beynd te tuneel before it/they can see you
> Kevin: Toss a rock down each tunnel & await any response from either.
Peek around the corner carefully, if the other people are doing something awkward you don't want to stumble upon them.

What do you remember from your previous life, anything at all? Were you a boy or girl?
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
go down the artificial tunnel. it's manmade, that means civilization ho!
>I'd like to share my observations. You are a skeleton clad in a robe with green fire for a pupil, you were probably part of this harvester's union, and you are deep underground. All of this leads me to believe you are some kind of grim reaper. A 'Harvester' of souls that pass on. given that context, you are probably in some kind of underworld, purgatory, or afterlife of some kind.
(10-13-2016, 12:06 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: »>Maybe before proceeding further, you may want to do a full check of your situation

>Try doing a few gymnastic movement movement (wave your arms and legs around that kinda thing) to see just how good your force, speed and coordination might be if push comes to shove.

[Image: kFOVYfY.png]
Kevin: *Huff* *Huff* "Alright... I did that. Uh.. I guess I'm not very strong... at all. Endurance also probably isn't something I'm good at. But I guess I can jump pretty high... and I think I can probably run pretty fast? It's hard to test in a cave... and um, also without making a lot of noise... Oh yeah, I guess my coordination is alright. I don't really know how to test that one..."

(10-13-2016, 12:06 PM)smuchmuch Wrote: »>Obvious amnesia, allright, how far does it go ? try cncentrating, anything comes to mind ? Even if all personnal memory is gone, you skills and knowlege might not be, it's a diffeent kind of memory. try racking your brain for what you know, anything could be usefull

>Those 'marbles' look pretty darn important, you sure concentrating on them recalls nothing ?

>After that go in the dirrection of the dark and the chain sounds for now. Call it an intuition but something tells me the light should wait a bit.

>.. Proceed cautiously though, try to get a glimpse of what's beynd te tuneel before it/they can see you

(10-13-2016, 01:20 PM)tronn Wrote: »Peek around the corner carefully, if the other people are doing something awkward you don't want to stumble upon them.

What do you remember from your previous life, anything at all? Were you a boy or girl?

[Image: 3iOU6MS.png]
Kevin: "I'm really trying to remember... um, sorry. I don't know anything about any of that, or even whether I was a boy or girl..."
Kevin: "I... guess I feel like I need to protect the marbles, though. That seems like an, um, instinct I guess. So, uh, that's weird..."
Kevin: "Uh, so for knowledge and skills and stuff... um, I feel like I should have a good memory... for people and names and things... which is ironic, I guess."
Kevin: "Um, I also keep wanting to check a map... that I don't have. So I guess I know how to, like, read maps and navigate... or maybe that's just because I'm just lost...
Kevin: Uh, if there's anything else I can't think of it right now... Sorry..."

(10-13-2016, 04:49 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »go down the artificial tunnel. it's manmade, that means civilization ho!

[Image: aCd83xz.png]
Kevin: "Seems pretty, uh, unanimous I guess. It's a good thing I'm not, uh, afraid of the dark..."

(10-13-2016, 08:28 PM)Dediles Wrote: »>I'd like to share my observations. You are a skeleton clad in a robe with green fire for a pupil, you were probably part of this harvester's union, and you are deep underground. All of this leads me to believe you are some kind of grim reaper. A 'Harvester' of souls that pass on. given that context, you are probably in some kind of underworld, purgatory, or afterlife of some kind.

[Image: Tn0HtA4.png]
Kevin: "Wait, I'm what!?"
Kevin: "I... uh, suddenly I don't feel so"

[Image: fUqD86u.gif]

[Image: 4vm4t8B.png]
Kevin: "..."

[Image: 4vm4t8B.png]

[Image: hi8BMxc.png]

[Image: pCqKB8I.png]
Kevin: *Gasp!* "I REMEMBERED SOMETHING!"

[Image: InxuYPQ.png]
Kevin: "Also, I guess I fell down the sta-AAAAAAAAH!!!"

[Image: 13scjqY.png]
Kevin: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?"
a friend!
> This spider guy is named Steve Irwin. Greet him cordially.
>I'm so sorry, for a second I thought I might have killed you. I guess now would be a bad time to say that the underworld is traditionally filled with monsters and souls of the damned.
> It looks rather large, do you think it could climb up the stairs and through the tunnel opening? if not retreat may be prudent.
>oh and just so we're clear, we can only see a bit around you, we're as blind to this situation as you are. so the chances of this guy being named steve are about as close to the chances of you being named kevin.
Hi, I'm here now too! Is this a bad time?
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
> Greet it! It's a new friend.

( > If it lunges to attack get the heck out of there)
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
Quick reminder: you are a skele-dude and contain very little that Is edible. Also you probably have a high resistance to poisons and venoms and the like what with the no organs and all.

Also, falling down the stairs did not break all your bones! You have some degree of durability! At least more than half-a-face would suggest.

Don't make eye contact and just shuffle on past. It probably just has some boring fetch quest for you to do.
Poor thing, it's chained down here. You don't look appear very edible, maybe you can befriend it if you find some way to free it.
>Oh calm down, it's just a giant spider.
>Also you're a skeleton, spiders don't eat skeletons, that would be silly.
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
(10-14-2016, 10:42 PM)btp Wrote: »Quick reminder: you are a skele-dude and contain very little that Is edible.

so there's this thing called bonemeal
> Play dead

> When no longer in peril, try to remember the color of the missing marble
[Image: lmmpL3T.png]
(10-14-2016, 12:36 PM)Schazer Wrote: »a friend!

(10-14-2016, 06:50 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »> Greet it! It's a new friend.

( > If it lunges to attack get the heck out of there)

(10-15-2016, 03:59 AM)agentwd40 Wrote: »Poor thing, it's chained down here. You don't look appear very edible, maybe you can befriend it if you find some way to free it.

(10-15-2016, 06:00 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote: »>Oh calm down, it's just a giant spider.
>Also you're a skeleton, spiders don't eat skeletons, that would be silly.

(10-14-2016, 01:48 PM)SneakyRobot Wrote: »> This spider guy is named Steve Irwin. Greet him cordially.

[Image: urZqVUZ.png]
Kevin: "Uh... wow. Alright. Sorry for, um, shouting."
Steve Erwin?: "WHY THINK NOTHING OF IT MY DEAR HARVESTER. YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST TO BE FRIGHTENED BY AN UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTER WITH YOURS TRULY. INDEED, I SHALL TAKE IT AS A COMPLIMENT, IF ANYTHING."
Kevin: "Uhh, right..."
Steve Erwin's Weird Head Thing: "heheheheheheheh" *gurgle*

(10-14-2016, 04:34 PM)Dediles Wrote: »>I'm so sorry, for a second I thought I might have killed you. I guess now would be a bad time to say that the underworld is traditionally filled with monsters and souls of the damned.
> It looks rather large, do you think it could climb up the stairs and through the tunnel opening? if not retreat may be prudent.
>oh and just so we're clear, we can only see a bit around you, we're as blind to this situation as you are. so the chances of this guy being named steve are about as close to the chances of you being named kevin.

Kevin: "Oh! Don't be sorry! It, uh, helped me remember something."
Probably Not Steve Erwin: "PARDON?"
Kevin: "One of the voices... um... oh. Nevermind."
Probably Not Steve Erwin: "VERY WELL. MIGHT I INQUIRE WHAT HAS BROUGHT YOU HERE, HARVESTER? IF YOUR VISIT IS ON MY BEHALF, I'M SURE YOU'VE NOTICED IT IS PREMATURE."
Kevin: "Uh...?"
Probably Not Steve Erwin: "I'M NOT DEAD YET, FRIEND."
Kevin: "Right... no. Um, the voices were just, uh helping me find my way out of here... They're uh, mostly all saying to make friends with you... and not, uh, run away or try to fight or anything... not that I would, um, you know, want to fight you... uh... yeah."
Probably Not Steve Erwin: *WISTFUL SIGH* "WOULD THAT WE ALL HAD SUCH COHERENT ADVISERS."
Head Thing: "huehuehuehuehuenyehNYEHHEHEHEHE!" *gurgle* *churn*
Probably Not Steve Erwin: "WELL FRIEND, FAR BE IT FROM ME TO DENY THE WISHES OF YOUR GUIDES, HOWEVER EPHEMERAL THEY MAY BE. I BELIEVE, HOWEVER, THAT BEFORE CAMARADERIE IS A POSSIBILITY, INTRODUCTIONS MUST BE MADE. YOU MAY CALL ME STEFERVIN."
Kevin: "Huh... that's pretty close to what the voice said... uh... I don't know my name. But they've been calling me Kevin Costner. Or just Kevin, I guess."
STEFERVIN: "DELIGHTFUL... KEVIN, THEN. WILL YOU PERMIT ME A RATHER CANDID OBSERVATION?"
Kevin: "Uh, sure..."
STEFERVIN: "YOU APPEAR TO HAVE MET WITH MISFORTUNE. MAY I INFER THAT THE DAMAGE IS MORE THAN PURELY COSMETIC?"
STEFERVIN: "YOUR HEAD INJURY. I'M GUESSING YOU HAVE SOME MEMORY LOSS AS WELL."

(10-14-2016, 06:48 PM)earthexe Wrote: »Hi, I'm here now too! Is this a bad time?

Kevin: "Uh, hello... and yes. Not to it being a bad time, I mean... um to the other question, uh Stefervin."
STEFERVIN: "... THEN YOUR QUEST IS ONE FOR INFORMATION. I BELIEVE I MAY BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU IN THIS MATTER. HOWEVER, INFORMATION IS POWER, HARVESTER. TRAPPED HERE AS I AM, I CAN ILL AFFORD TO MERELY GIVE AWAY WHAT LITTLE I HAVE. PERHAPS WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ONE ANOTHER."

(10-14-2016, 10:42 PM)btp Wrote: »Don't make eye contact and just shuffle on past. It probably just has some boring fetch quest for you to do.

Kevin: "Um... probably."
STEFERVIN: "DELIGHTFUL. THEN CONSULT WITH YOUR ADVISERS ON THE FOLLOWING: I'LL TELL YOU HOW TO FIND THE KEY TO MY SHACKLES. BRING IT TO ME AND I SHALL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS I CAN TO HELP YOU FILL IN THE GAPS IN YOUR MEMORY. AS A GESTURE OF GOOD WILL, I'LL EVEN ANSWER ANY ONE QUESTION PRIOR TO YOUR DEPARTURE.
Head Thing: "heheheheheheh" *gurgle-burp* "NYYYYEEEHEEEEEEEEEEHEHEHEHEHEHE!"
> "You called me a harvester right? You seemed to.....make notice that I'm likely a soul collector? Tell me about harvesters, and, by the way, do all harvesters maybe have marbles with them?"
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
ask them where you can find mikar
What's the deal with the giggly head dude?
>since you arn't in any immediate danger I would like to ask, what did I help you remember?
>ok I think it's best to tread lightly. while this guy isn't dead, they're certainly chained up for a reason. However, even if your question is why is he shackled down here they might just lie.