INTERVENE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INTERVENE
RE: INTERVENE
> Fly and use portals at the same time.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
(07-16-2016, 04:12 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »> Fly and use portals at the same time.

Changing my vote to this!
Hello!

hey this isn't an update! yes, but it's a post to let you guys get to know me and how I work.

So first things first. Intervene is not dying. I just haven't felt like updating it since the last time i updated, And I'll get to that later. I want to work on it a lot, but i'm only human and have human needs and sometimes I just procrastinate or fall into deep sleep and sleep for more than 8 hours both of which are frustrating overall.

To rectify that I'll adopt a schedule to update Intervene. I'm thinking Saturdays and Wednesdays. I'll be working on this update too, just before wednesday's update and whoa hey its 3am on a tuesday morning wow. Any commands that come in while I'm working on an update probably won't make it in unless it fits with the direction of the story.

If you want to take a sneak peak at a upcoming update, you can check the INTERVENE imgur album here where I upload the panels before setting them in stone in the forums/mirror.

"Why are you procrastinating so much?! DX" you may ask. Well I have no job. and having all that free time leaves me to have a lot of side projects (or hobbies). Part of my problem in that department is having to take on a lot of projects without really thinking things through. Many projects are left to the side while I focus on what I want. (Intervene isn't one of them, I spent a year or more planning this.) Which really puts distrust in projects that other people have put responsibility onto my shoulders. Like bearing the construction of an entire minecraft modded pack (which is a lot in retrospect, holy cow), or building an entire website, or partaking in a project for profit that benefits both parties. All of which I am not getting paid to do, so...

At this point it's sounding like one huge bs excuse, but I say just do the thing you were meant to do in the first place and don't say sorry for it, you'll regret you said sorry anyways.

But then working all the time is the other side to that procrastination coin, and ever since the first post I have been busy working solely on Intervene because I am Super SLOW apparently. The time I am not working on Intervene is usually when I am asleep, or have sleep deprivation I need to catch up on. Or generally fall asleep when my brain enters a micro sleep when I am not thinking at all when drawing. (this happens a lot in my life) music and podcasts help, but only to an extent when I either grow tired of the content or run out of podcasts.

Minecraft was mentioned yes. I play tons of minecraft. and I mean A Lot. I usually post a yearly to whenever mega post of minecraft screeenshots to imgur. There's nearly 6 flipping pages of minecraft screenshots in my imgur account, so when I don't feel like doing anything I am probbably playing minecraft. modded or otherwise. Also if you are interested I am an admin to a minecraft server so eventually when my(subjective) new modded minecraft server goes up (9th server instance, old minecraft group) you can then ask me to join said server.

tl;dr: I took a little break from intervene, but at the time of post I am working on an update.

This post was meant to give you an idea of how my workflow is and what I am like as a person. So thank you for coming by and taking the time away from your life to read this speal, and especially Intervene. Its a bit sappy to say this but I really do mean it when I say I make each update with love and effort. This will be a great comic, but it needs your help to become great.

So thanks again for reading Intervene.

~ Lylac
SpoilerShow
Lylac, it has been 4 days and this comic is based on Homestuck and Doctor Who, so most of us are HS fans or DW fans. 4 days or even more scratch that, and MUCH MORE of waiting for some nice, quality content is NOTHING to us, you have nothing to worry about! Take your time!
>Wat?

[Image: yn6MwLB.gif]

To simply put you could talk for hours on end about how your "powers" work or your biology for that matter. It really is a fascinating subject to talk about.

>think with portals

[Image: 5eDKujj.gif]

Of course! A perfect demonstration of how you can just ri~OHi MY GOD WHY ARE YOU ON FIRE?!!

==>

[Image: fO205Lt.gif]

Suddenly everything you know about your "powers" is worthless to you. Your life is turned around.

This never happened before! ~ you swear.

>Grab the roof above the door, standing on the doornob and/or breaking the window if necessary.

[Image: LSDXODs.gif]

[Image: KDZI4bF.gif]

Is that building tall? Or did it get taller? You are afraid of the idea of using any of your other abilities would result in another unknown fiery explosion.

Even if you could bust the window, you couldn't guarantee your safety through the looking glass.

> climb up, you tall beansprout

[Image: 9vtD8AU.gif]

U-uh, you can't bear the thought of climbing and possibly falling off the cliff here. Which is starting to feel claustrophobic now.

SC has trapped himself on the cliff edge; it looks like it will be a bit until a certain server player will help him out!

Be someone else?
SpoilerShow
>No, continue being Tall Beansprout McFlameHands!
>Now as a scientist, you have to test this, you say it has never happened before so maybe it was a one time thing, try again and see if more fire appears.
>Yes, science this anomalous occurrence. Run more tests, like attempting the most basic aspects of you abilities. Trial the foundations; perhaps you can find a fix empirically.
hop in to the fanart bandwagon

[Image: tumblr_oat5p4TEyM1r7g47po1_1280.png]

I cheated on LS for your fanadventure Tammers~

it's THAT good, so keep up the good job!
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
SpoilerShow

>Now as a scientist, you have to test this, you say it has never happened before so maybe it was a one time thing, try again and see if more fire appears.

[Image: 5HIxvfO.gif]

Well, doing it one more time coul~

You've knocked yourself out cold against the side of the wall. Nice one.

==>

[Image: G1z4uWM.gif]

[Image: JxjTiTS.gif]

Just what is this guy doing?
SpoilerShow
>Well CLEARLY he is preforming science!
SpoilerShow
>He's making funny doodles, obviously.
>Misusing his sonic screwdriver as a pen, obviously
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
>The guy on the ground is completely forgetting the last 3-5 minutes.
(This is why no one remembers falling asleep.)
>The guy monitoring SC appears to be taking notes with a sonic screwdriver.
>Well CLEARLY he is preforming science!

[Image: ygKSHSR.gif]

Clearly! That guy must be doing something right. He's certainly made a tiny bit of progress so far, but progress none the less.

You yourself are science-ing way more than him just by studying the guy.
You're more ready for your own future than he ever will for his.

You should win an award for that.

>Misusing his sonic screwdriver as a pen, obviously

[Image: F5XRf2Q.gif]

Of course! Why would you not use one of the two upgrades you've made to your trusty SONIC SCREWDRIVER. The bottom pops off revealing a mini pen to write with. There's also the normal function of the sonic that unlocks anything and everything, and also provides information in mores code.

The other upgrade is a key hole for a TARDIS KEY to summon your TARDIS at will, but you only got so far with it and can only control the TARDIS when it is within your time frame.

>He's making funny doodles, obviously.

[Image: N9jFpUz.gif]

Naturally, but that's not all this book is for.

This is your NOTEBOOK where you gather your thoughts. When you are spying on future versions of yourself you take key notes of what they're doing.

You have a general plan going. Its not the best plan ever, but you have high hopes this time about this particular mission. You've heard rumors about this universe containing such powerful properties and reality altering devices.
You plan to study these devices further on after your preparations are complete.

==>

[Image: 5nxMqk0.gif]

For now though, You stick to studying more about your future self and his mistakes.
SpoilerShow
>future SC: wake up before you get eaten, preferably with reflex-imp-punting methods

>Hey! Hey you on the ground! Wake up! There are imps to punt, TARDIS' to recover, and things to INTERVENE!
>past sc: make sure to take into account the timer on that panel there and it's repercussions
>future SC: wake up before you get eaten, preferably with reflex-imp-punting methods

[Image: B16dYTY.gif]

You wake up to find two imps looting your sleeping body!!

You're getting rather tired of these thieving-tardis fiend imps.

==>

[Image: ANdk4cR.gif]

==>

[Image: mq7FN0g.gif]

[Image: 0qj7o57.gif]

[Image: WCzosO1.gif]

[Image: gxXidcs.gif]

[Image: Jym8Ou5.gif]

==>

[Image: lDT1qaK.gif]

==>

[Image: hZLyPvO.gif]

==>

[Image: rHDVGRI.gif]

[Image: 6M9Zn0M.gif]

That... felt really good to do.

These guys are relentless! but that wouldn't stop you.
SpoilerShow
>collect the grist that those imps dropped and don't forget to retrieve your notebook, you'll have to search for the sonic screwdriver later, climb up that ladder that conveniently materialized there for you, make sure to not slip on that black slime stuff
>Collect the Gushers like objects!
(08-01-2016, 10:52 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>collect the grist that those imps dropped and don't forget to retrieve your notebook, you'll have to search for the sonic screwdriver later, climb up that ladder that conveniently materialized there for you, make sure to not slip on that black slime stuff

seconded!

So the omni-tool which is also a weapon is gone until further notice. This intervention is swiftly turning into nothing more than an extra guardian running around.

Thirded.
Author FigmentShow
>collect the grist that those imps dropped and don't forget to retrieve your notebook, you'll have to search for the sonic screwdriver later, climb up that ladder that conveniently materialized there for you, make sure to not slip on that black slime stuff

[Image: Y9DIvvK.gif]

What grist? Wait, what is grist? Is it some kind of grain? Anyways the imp only dropped your book. Its~ wait what is...

==>

[Image: 4MFYk7W.gif]

The imp dropped something else.

==>

[Image: 283auKJ.gif]

Ewwwwww

gross its covered in black imp slime. Its thin like a card. Whatever it was its ruined now.

==>

[Image: m6of5dW.gif]

Out of curiosity you decide to take a wiff of the card aaaaaand...

It smells like oil. This card is covered in oil!

You realize your advantage over these imps and intend to use your idea next time.

...wait if thats oil then...

==>

[Image: pn3GLYx.gif]

well shit.

your book is mostly ruined. There's still some tid-bits in the bottom of the book left. That's a good thing at least.

==>

[Image: e0lPTWS.gif]

You climb up the ladder with ease using your long legs and tall stature. God damn you sure are tall.

Its too bad your sonic screwdriver fell down though. You would have quickly retrieved the sonic if not for your handicap right now. You'll have to wait until rose builds up john's house first. Until then you're stuck here.

At least you're no longer stuck on that horrid cliff edge which had at least a 170 ft drop give or take.
SpoilerShow
> Look through the glass to make sure coast is clear, wouldn't want to try that door and find more oily imps

> Self-guided tour until you meet someone (John).