Movies

Movies
RE: Movies
I hear it's good, fellas
I managed to trick my mom into watching O' Brother Where Art Thou with me and it was good. We both liked it but she kept tuning out of it from time to time.
My last movie was Only Yesterday. It was pretty good though slow paced. Weird movie and at times it seemed like propaganda for organic farming ... but there were so many tangents! All the flashback-to-fifth-grade scenes were very detailed, and took up much more time than the current action. Studio Ghibli movie though realistic drama and not by Miyazaki.

Harold and Maude is my favorite movie Harold and Maude is my favorite movie Harold and Maude is my favorite movie.

I wanna see Isle of Dogs when I can.
I've been meaning to watch Only Yesterday since I was 13-4, now that I am 22 it is only appropriate that I soak in all the melancholy of an adult who is at the tail-end of their twenties, so that when I too am 30 years of age I am not such a whinging sook about the whole ordeal. I've still been sitting on my thumbs and not watching either Army of Dankness or Goodfellas.
(05-16-2018, 01:05 PM)Bobert Wrote: »I've been meaning to watch Only Yesterday since I was 13-4, now that I am 22 it is only appropriate that I soak in all the melancholy of an adult who is at the tail-end of their twenties, so that when I too am 30 years of age I am not such a whinging sook about the whole ordeal. I've still been sitting on my thumbs and not watching either Army of Dankness or Goodfellas.

Yes, you might be the perfect age.

Fargo is great by the way, I could watch that movie so many times and not get tired of it. Even the random scenes like "I want pancakes!" are good. The only other Coen brothers movie I've seen is Inside Llewyn Davis, that one has a really hard-to-like main character.
Yeah I hear Llewyn Davis is an asshole. Fargo was a delight even with all the horrifying shit involving Gaear Grimsrud who was the perfect test-run for Anton Chigurh. Though to be honest I think Barton Fink from the titular film is a more awful protagonist and you'd have to see the movie for yourself to find out why. Even though he didn't deserve a lot of the horrible crap he goes through.
I was just reminded of how The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is one of my favorite movies of all time and if you haven't watched it yet, please do
(05-31-2018, 01:31 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »I was just reminded of how The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is one of my favorite movies of all time and if you haven't watched it yet, please do

with danny kaye or with ben stiller
(06-02-2018, 04:58 PM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »
(05-31-2018, 01:31 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »I was just reminded of how The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is one of my favorite movies of all time and if you haven't watched it yet, please do

with danny kaye or with ben stiller

Oh! I didn't even know there was a 1947 version with danny kaye maybe i will check it out (but i was referring to ben stiller verison in OP)
The Danny Kaye version is great, have not seen the remake.
This year I went through a real hyperfixation of watching movies including every single movie in the Halloween franchise (this was a mistake).

My top ten (in any random order) are:
  • The Handmaiden (2016) (i'm gay so obviously i was going to love this)
  • Asteroid City (2023) (I'm only putting one Wes Anderson movie on here please be grateful.
  • Halloween (1978) (one of like three good movies in the whole franchise)
  • Love and Leashes (2022) (it has the honour of being the only bdsm movie i've watched so far that is good and not utterly insufferable)
  • Nope (2022)
  • CODA (2021)
  • Polite Society (2023)
  • Beau Is Afraid (2023) (absolutely insane movie. 2 hour long panic attack/paranoia episode)
  • Nimona (2023) (spiderverse 2 might have been on here instead if it had told a complete story)
  • The Prince (2023) (its a play but you can put it on your list on letterboxd so it counts)
my sister bought me a film called "Marcel the Shell With Shoes On" for my birthday and it was very pleasant
(11-15-2023, 11:25 AM)Jacquerel Wrote: »my sister bought me a film called "Marcel the Shell With Shoes On" for my birthday and it was very pleasant

I saw this one on a plane in an unintentional double-billing with the Kurt vonnegut documentary. There was...... a very surreal through line through both films????
It's a very fun and pleasant movie until oh no I'm sobbing. I'm fucking weeping. I'm so sad about his little shell.