Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game

Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game
RE: Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game
(04-19-2024, 04:59 AM)Schazer Wrote: »I think this thing can haul logs, dislodge rocks, and uses those to help it cross flooded river plains and reach those braid-bars between the currents where the easy food can be found once the snowmelt from up the valley starts making changes to the landscape. This thing could even, potentially, be a more active ecosystem engineer - if a big boulder's come from upstream and things have shifted to make a decent-sized new islet, it may even haul mud to establish it quicker as a microhabitat for fruiting plants/insects.

Oh fuck yeah! I've been vaguely thinking about beavers ever since "temporary island" and "fallen wood" were both brought up in the same thread, so I'm glad you thought of that too!

Do we want to come up with any more specifics about what it looks like? We already know it's huge, it has thick fur, it's strong, it has big, sloth-like claws, and it has some kind of wrist tongue or extendo-finger. What are its teeth like? What colors does it come in? Does it have a tail?

I've personally been imagining it with a very large head, even for its already massive body size (possibly useful for moving large trees). Furthermore, since it might chew through bark to get at insects and honey, it may have one or two pairs of large, multipurpose teeth -- possibly canines, possibly rodent teeth, possibly something else. (Or maybe its claws and ant-grabber are enough)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exquisite Biome - an ecosystem-crafting game - by a52 - 04-19-2024, 05:24 AM